PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Question about talis

Darki
Jun 24, 2012, 11:09 PM
I've been forcing myself to use this weapon a bit so I can get used to it, because I find it kinda hard to control. I've noticed that i've gotten used to start with a normal combo and then use JA'd charged techs with the rod, but with this weapon I always end half-screwed because the card always fly too far, or the enemy moves a lot and I lose time waiting for the weapon to "reset" and be able to shoot spells from my character again.

This has made me wonder... Is there any function that I don't know of yet, that allows for "calling" the card back earlier so you can shoot an enemy with it, and then use spells again from your character?

lykann
Jun 24, 2012, 11:48 PM
The card will fade after a few secs, but I'm sure you saw that. More importantly, if you're locked on to an enemy when you through the card, the spell you cast will home in on them if able.

This makes the talis pretty good for soloing and AoE damage, as you can strafe to avoid attacks while increasing the range at which you can effectively cast spells, though you'll do slightly less damage than with a rod of the same level.

Darki
Jun 25, 2012, 12:06 AM
That's nice with spells that are thrown to the enemy, like Foie, Rafoie, Barta, Zonde, Razonde, Sazonde...

But for example, I've never been able to use Rabarta correctly with it, and I will agree that the talis is awesome with Gi-spells, I always pick it up when we get a Code: Duel with two bosses and mob, but he drawback is that sometimes the enemies are too small or fast and you gotta shoot them multiple times till you manage to home a "ranged Gi-tech", and maybe it's just easier to use the talis to stop them on their tracks and then use the spell yourself. But waiting those seconds might ruin that strategy.

I guess I'm just asking too much to it, and I should stick to use the talis for bosses and huge things. <_<

Trentirl
Jun 25, 2012, 12:07 AM
It's also really convenient to heal with as well when your hunters are up on the monster's face taking dmg.

There's no way to call the card back that I've found, its faster to throw a new one if you need to move it in my opinion. You can quickly switch to first person to throw a heal or if you know the monster will be coming that way soon as well.

Darki
Jun 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
That's another one, sometimes during those boss fights I've found myself needing a Resta and having the card away. Fortunately you can evade without getting hurt, but it's kinda tight. <_<

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 12:42 AM
You can sort of recall the card. Aim down and throw, then JA into whatever you needed to cast on your location. It will hit the ground instantly and return to your hand.

KanekoSaya
Jun 25, 2012, 12:58 AM
This sounds really confusing...lol