PDA

View Full Version : windows 8 wont load pso2

aCyanide
Jun 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
i have windows 8 installed and when i go to start the game nothing happens why?

Crevox
Jun 25, 2012, 04:13 AM
Windows 8 is not supported

Mechalon
Jun 25, 2012, 08:45 AM
For the time being Windows 8 isn't supported, you'll need to be using Windows XP, Vista or 7. This will be fixed at some point (considering Windows 8 is the next version and computers will start coming with it pre-installed), but until then, you'll have to use an older version to play.

If you do install an older version of Windows alongside Windows 8, I recommend downloading the free version of Easy BCD in order to fix your bootloader so you can switch back to Windows 8.

ShiKage
Jun 25, 2012, 11:05 AM
If you don't have the option to use another operating system, have you tried to run the game in Windows 7 compatibility mode? I'm not sure if Game Guard picks this up - some anti-hacking services do.

Clessy
Jun 25, 2012, 11:54 AM
Gameguard needs to be ditched. Its totally hackable and useless. Its some of the worst online protection.

RedRaz0r
Jun 26, 2012, 12:41 AM
Gameguard needs to be ditched. Its totally hackable and useless. Its some of the worst online protection.

What does this have to do with Windows 8, exactly?

Clessy
Jun 26, 2012, 07:26 AM
What does this have to do with Windows 8, exactly?

If gameguard wasnt used on pso2 it would work on win 8. However the gameguard doesnt work properly in its full implementation and therefore makes pso2 unplayable on win 8.

Full circle.