PDA

View Full Version : Beats

DariusValMortis
Mar 23, 2003, 09:40 PM
I've noticed on some other sites the mention BEATS which the game goes by.. supposedly you can find more rare items at a certain beat.. Has anyone else noticed this and does it work. Please give me some reply and comments. It would be useful.

Thanks,

Darius

HaLLa
Mar 23, 2003, 09:59 PM
I have heard this but a lot say its not true. I was thinking bout gettin the beats for everytime I get a rare and see what the results and stuff are. I think I will do this... you should and everyone I can compile the info if you all PM me it and will give results.

DariusValMortis
Mar 23, 2003, 10:02 PM
Yea i didnt think that it was true either just wanted to get some other opion's..

thanks for the reply

Yoda86
Mar 23, 2003, 10:04 PM
Kinda hard to say about this one. I used to think this was true but now I just think everything is totally random.

gideonx
Mar 23, 2003, 10:14 PM
Personally I think this would be way too complex to code. I think it works just like any other game that has random rare mob drops. RANDOM. hehe

LollipopLolita
Mar 23, 2003, 10:22 PM
don't know if this would help but maybe taking a look at the excavation reports at http://www.pso-world.com/sections.php would help to see if there is a beat time/rare corelation

Savrak
Mar 24, 2003, 01:59 AM
I documented all the rares i found to lvl 70 for beat time. They we're all at completely different times so nope no relation.

Orange_Coconut
Mar 24, 2003, 02:03 AM
Ok, lemme try a post.. It's 2 AM nd I havent' slept since Friday. I think that the beat theroy (Which id what you're, I think, trying to suggest) has already been disproven. I remember reading either one or several others posts that have said this, or I might be thinking baout a differnt theory.. (Excuse the spelling... >_< please)

Stalfos333
Mar 24, 2003, 10:57 AM
About the only thing going for the beat theory is "super runs". Times when you rush through an area and pick up a dozen red boxes, or every enemy seems to want to give up that elusive rare.

shiznitty
Mar 24, 2003, 07:20 PM
yeah, those runs are the best, but my theory (yeah no one cares, right?) is that it does count on the beat times, and the beat time in which the game created that is the "special beat time" has a higher percentage of rares.

Yoda86
Mar 24, 2003, 08:40 PM
When do you suggest that special beat time is?

shiznitty
Mar 24, 2003, 09:00 PM
i have no idea. i just think that some beat times when you create a game get a higher percentage chance of rares. P.S. Sorta thinkin about kidnapping a ST programmer and force all that information out of him.

DariusValMortis
Mar 24, 2003, 10:05 PM
just noticed that beats are no good..just found a diska of braveman at two different beats..so guess you guys are right