PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Hunter DPS Tree Build

word2own
Jun 25, 2012, 04:18 AM
What's a good Hunter Tree build (mainly going for DPS)? So far I've taken the Step and Step kick and I'm assuming I'm taking Fury Stance but how points should go put into that and where else should I put my points into?

Thanks

renrinken
Jun 25, 2012, 04:24 AM
Think its important first figure what your main weapon is. Sword is a bit deep in the defensive side of the tree, where spear and wire are both deep on the offensive side.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 07:19 AM
your choice man, arguments are made for both sides but i'd say sword can out damage a partisan or wired lance even with the wasted SP on guard stance simply because it's gear is so strong.

to put it into perspective:
partisan and wired lance both can hold 3 charges. the usage of one photon art takes up one charge.

this basically means each time you want to do an attack with a partisan or wired lance gear gauge effect (more dmg+range) you have to charge an entire bar once.

sword gear however, lets the user enjoy unlimited photon arts that are all effected by sword gear's extra damage (and in some cases depending on the skill range). the only "draw back" is you have to keep the gauge up by constantly doing damage.

i used to think that sword gear may be gimped against quick moving bosses since its hard to keep the combo gauge up, but i now do not think that will be the case. this is because sword gets a projectile attack called sonic arrow. sonic arrow is in most situations, the best skill to use to maintain/build sword gear gauge. it slices through multiple enemies, has a big horizontal hitbox, and reaches very far distance wise. when it's effected by lvl 3 gear gauge i call it the lawnmower, because that's what it does. it hits mobs 3 times at lvl 3.

also sword does a lot of damage since its chargeable attacks can be charged within 2 seconds instead of ~5 or 6 that it usually is, if your gear gauge is full. sword gear demands a very aggressive, constant damage play style.

partisan and wired lance are more calculating, especially wired lance, because many of wired lances strong damaging photon arts are all quirky, like heavenly fall, etc. their photon arts typically take longer to perform as well. many of swords photon arts attack very quickly in comparison and almost all are guard cancelable.

all the gears have a good effect on dps, but i'm pretty sure a talented sword gear user can out damage a partisan or wired lance user that was of equal skill and stats. my biggest reasons being (just to summarize)

1. sword users never have to take a break to charge gear (this is an argument against partisan)
2. sword users can use an unlimited amount of photon arts that are effected by the gear (so long as they can keep the gear gauge up)
3. many sword skills are fast compared to partisan or wired lance, which makes you less vulnerable while being simultaneously more aggressive (especially against bosses)

Dragwind
Jun 25, 2012, 07:59 AM
This skill simulator might help you out a bit. So far it seems there may be more than 1-2 potential dps builds.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195490

word2own
Jun 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
Was initially thinking Sword or Wired Lance but I guess I should ask, what is "Weapon Here" Gear? I saw it on the skill tree for each weapon type but don't know what it does. Maybe I'll figure out my build after figuring that out lol.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

Adelheid
Jun 25, 2012, 11:35 AM
Fists of Fury spec.

As much into Fury/Fury Crit as possible, then Dash Attack. Use no weapon, just your fists, then just Shift-> JA Attack -> Shift over and over and kill everything.

Fists are OP.

Slidikins
Jun 25, 2012, 11:36 AM
Was initially thinking Sword or Wired Lance but I guess I should ask, what is "Weapon Here" Gear? I saw it on the skill tree for each weapon type but don't know what it does. Maybe I'll figure out my build after figuring that out lol.

Thanks for the feedback so far!

From what I've experienced, it adds a new part to your UI where you can store charges. How you charge and what it does differs from weapon to weapon.

For Partisan, for instance, you charge by Guarding or by letting your weapon flourish (twirl) after an attack. You can store 3 charges. A charge is expended when you us a PA, but it enhances that PA. It might increase range, hits, damage, etc... maybe even a combination of them all. It's not as drastic as a Lv1 > Lv11 PA in PSU, but it's noticeable.

Adelheid
Jun 25, 2012, 12:02 PM
As a partisan gear user my opinion is that it isn't worth keeping charge max if it means you lose ANY amount of time hitting the boss for more PP or using PAs on it (The wind blade one especially). If the boss went underground and you have time, go for it, but otherwise you will lose too much dps from PP generation loss and striaght up less DPS time on the boss by trying to keep your charge full.

Depending on how Fury scales the more SP you put in it it may not be worth getting either the partisan or wired lance gear.

The sword gear is ridiculously awesome though, if you don't mind going into the defensive section of the tree since it cuts down charge time (your hardest hitting attacks) by a ridiculous amount and builds from simply doing damage like normal.

Slidikins
Jun 25, 2012, 01:18 PM
Depending on how Fury scales the more SP you put in it it may not be worth getting either the partisan or wired lance gear.General opinion is that Fury Stance is only worth it with more SP put into it. The damage bonus is something like an extra +10% a point for even less sacrifice in defense.

deldelight8, in his short guide, suggested Fury Stance and Fury Critical as the two best ways to bump DPS. I'm sure Critical is great, but with a Lv30 cap I'm just not sure I can spare the requirement points.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jun 25, 2012, 01:59 PM
General opinion is that Fury Stance is only worth it with more SP put into it. The damage bonus is something like an extra +10% a point for even less sacrifice in defense.

deldelight8, in his short guide, suggested Fury Stance and Fury Critical as the two best ways to bump DPS. I'm sure Critical is great, but with a Lv30 cap I'm just not sure I can spare the requirement points.

yeah, i wasn't making any specific lvl 30 build, i was just trying to let new players know what would probably end up being more useful skills than others. i'm definitely going to be maxing fury stance+critical right when level cap increases.

RavenLeader
Jun 25, 2012, 02:53 PM
what does warcry do?

word2own
Jun 25, 2012, 05:34 PM
@ RavenLeader - It looks like a AoE Taunt

So should I max out Fury Stance? Or should I take some points and dump them into Fury Critical. After playing around with the Skill Simulator, only had 2 points in Fury Critical when I had 10 points in Fury Stance.

Really sorry about how many questions I seem to be throwing. This beta is my first time playing pso2 so didn't get to play around with earlier skill trees and since you can't reset skill tree points without paying, I wanna get it right the first time.

Randomness
Jun 25, 2012, 07:07 PM
Fists of Fury spec.

As much into Fury/Fury Crit as possible, then Dash Attack. Use no weapon, just your fists, then just Shift-> JA Attack -> Shift over and over and kill everything.

Fists are OP.

If someone is going to try this, grab Wired and Partisan gear to be safe.

Or, I should say, a Wired/Partisan build can do this to be silly regardless.

Adelheid
Jun 26, 2012, 07:22 AM
Ugh, I just hit Fury Critical... don't waste the points in JA2 just max Fury Stance FIRST before moving onto JA2 to get Fury Critical. 1 pt Fury Critical is 1% crit.

Whereas a point in Fury Stance is probably anywhere from 4-16% extra DPS depending on your weapon.

And you can make Fury Stance with the points you waste in JA2.... really wish they had respecs out already.

FerrPSO
Jun 27, 2012, 03:47 PM
So... for a sword only user, Fury Stance is worth skipping the Attack Up stats then?

FerrPSO
Jun 29, 2012, 03:30 AM
So... for a sword only user, Fury Stance is worth skipping the Attack Up stats then NOW (I realize when they lvl the cap I could level up both)?

EvilKyo
Jul 1, 2012, 01:19 AM
Anyone notice that sword gear doesn't give you unlimited photon arts...? I've maxed out my hits and all it does is add 3 to my disc and make each charge of the charging skills take 1 second instead of like 3 seconds each charge. Just kinda confused if I am doing something wrong or something...

Sigmund
Jul 1, 2012, 02:17 AM
It's not suppose to give you unlimited PA. Turning charges from 5s > 1s and having 3 hits on Sonic Arrow is a pretty big deal already.

IndigoNovember
Jul 1, 2012, 12:21 PM
I wish gear got rid of PP requirements on Photon Arts or recharged PP really fast. But, yeah, as it currently stands, gear is already pretty helpful.

Are Rising Edge and Sonic Arrow the Photon Arts that get the most out of Sword Gear?

kebobitz
Aug 10, 2012, 10:26 PM
Any skill build for Hunter Sword type?

IndigoNovember
Aug 10, 2012, 11:32 PM
Any skill build for Hunter Sword type?

Please do not bump old threads when there is a JP PSO2 Hunter talent tree discussion (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196837) thread live and on the first page.