PDA

View Full Version : Partisan 2-hit launch skill

probably
Jun 25, 2012, 04:55 PM
Anyone else think this skill is kinda poorly designed? It's really hard to combo into because the first dash part of the move causes you to overshoot your enemy with the second part like 90% of the time. So you end up whiffing the uppercut.

They should fix the targeting so that it circles around or does a little back hop after the initial dash-in, or make it so the initial dash-in knocks the enemy back.

thablinksta
Jun 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
Anyone else think this skill is kinda poorly designed? It's really hard to combo into because the first dash part of the move causes you to overshoot your enemy with the second part like 90% of the time. So you end up whiffing the uppercut.

They should fix the targeting so that it circles around or does a little back hop after the initial dash-in, or make it so the initial dash-in knocks the enemy back.

Yeah there's something wrong with it. I never use it since I end up on the other side of the enemy. I use the penta-slash skill instead. That thing with fury stance and shifta with partisan gear is OP.

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 03:11 PM
Yeah there's something wrong with it. I never use it since I end up on the other side of the enemy. I use the penta-slash skill instead. That thing with fury stance and shifta with partisan gear is OP.

The one with waves shooting forward? That one's got as much range as the Wired Lance, does a ton of damage... there's practically no reason to use any other partisan PA, except maybe the round swing one to get a different AoE shape.

In any case, the launch is fairly easy to land if you use it after the backstep combo, but otherwise I wouldn't bother. (That said, it looks rather cool to do those two in sequence, and it sets up the one where you toss your partisan up spinning nicely)

BIG OLAF
Jun 27, 2012, 03:17 PM
Rising Flag (name of the PA) just requires a little bit of precision and good judging of range. There's nothing wrong with it at all. I never 'miss' with it (unless I hit the combo button at the wrong time and surprise myself with the wrong PA).

Malevolent215
Jun 27, 2012, 03:20 PM
I use the launch PA as my second in line PA, but I use the quick lashes then Back step as my first. It works out perfectly with range and looks amazing, Like they were made to be used together. Never do i have a range issue with the upswing.

Windadept
Jun 27, 2012, 03:38 PM
Don't stand so close to the enemy when you're using Rising Flag, the partisan on it's own has a pretty good range.
Trick Rave is also an amazing skill, it's an evade and a knockdown in one PA.
I find Speed Lance (the one that sends waves) to be kinda weak if you don't land all the hits.

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 03:52 PM
Rising Flag (name of the PA) just requires a little bit of precision and good judging of range. There's nothing wrong with it at all. I never 'miss' with it (unless I hit the combo button at the wrong time and surprise myself with the wrong PA).

Has someone made a list of translated PA names?