PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Unable to start up the game and GG Error 114

Kishgal
Jun 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
Whenever I try and start the game, after the launcher goes through its usual duties flawlessly, the following window appears with the game window behind it:

http://i.imgur.com/OY3KB.png

After I click OK, both windows close and I'm sent to the following link.

http://www.gameguard.co.kr/gameguard/faq/eng/FAQ_114.htm

Occasionally, GameGuard will open its Error Reporting system and I have sent the ERLs but that hasn't really accomplished anything.
This is my 3rd attempted installation of the game now, and it's getting pretty damn frustrating. I don't know if there've been any other topics on this, and if there have been, sorry, but I haven't found any info on this anywhere. I've already tried disabling my anti-viruses and firewall, but nothing has made any differences.

Someone please give me a hand here, I'm desperate to get going in this game.

Kishgal
Jun 27, 2012, 06:21 PM
Anyone? I tried translating the error window from "想定外のエ一が発生しました。" and just got "An unexpected error has occurred." which was no help at all. Surely I'm not the only one with this problem?

EDIT: Here are the specs of this computer:
Dell Latitude E6400
Windows 7 Pro 32b
Intel Core2 Duo CPU @ 2.4GHz per core
3gb RAM
Direct X 11 (up to date as far as i know)
NVIDIA Quadro NVS 160M

SolRiver
Jun 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
(assuming you are not using windows 8 )

it is most likely a program conflict of some kind...

are you able to boot up your pc clean? (no program aside required to boot up)

you will need to eliminate suspect one at a time. Good luck.

Kishgal
Jun 28, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'll give that a shot then, thanks.

On a related note, I do have to wonder if the people having issues playing this game on W8 are considering that they're using W8, an OS that this game presumably wasn't prepared for and the fact that W8 itself isn't even finished yet. .-.

SolRiver
Jun 28, 2012, 03:48 PM
On a related note, I do have to wonder if the people having issues playing this game on W8 are considering that they're using W8, an OS that this game presumably wasn't prepared for and the fact that W8 itself isn't even finished yet. .-.

I do wonder that myself... OS isn't exactly something one should mess with on the machine that is important to them... I understand trying W8 on a side non-important computer though.

Newer != better; especially true in software industry... ... ... which kind of sadden me