PDA

View Full Version : Slacker?

Orange_Coconut
Mar 24, 2003, 01:56 AM
Alrighty, I was wondering if anyone here was a slacker. May it be in work, chores, remembering phone calls back, etc. I am a major slacker unfortunately, and even when I say to myself "I WILL get this done!" I never seem to get it done. =/
Anyone else ave this problem?

Hunter4life
Mar 24, 2003, 07:20 AM
I am, my friends and I even created a club called PUT.

Procrastinators Unite!......Tomorrow...

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Hunter4life on 2003-03-24 04:21 ]</font>

Abaddon
Mar 24, 2003, 07:23 AM
We all do, mate.
It's like the beachwater theory. you don't want to go in there because its cold but once you plunge, it isnt that bad.
its merely the thought of it that drives you off.

BlackRose
Mar 24, 2003, 10:54 PM
I don't procrastinate, but I've been thinking about it... maybe tomorrow, I dunno...

Bloodberry
Mar 24, 2003, 10:58 PM
What's strange is I'll put off everything I have to do (laundry, clean, study) until one particular moment of no importance, and then I'll just decide to do one, get in the mood, and finish it all. >_<

Getintothegame
Mar 24, 2003, 11:49 PM
Yep, I have the same problem. I'm a real procrastnator. Maybe that's why my teachers hate me...

Captain_Dude
Mar 25, 2003, 12:44 AM
I'm not so much a slacker as I am a complete drop out and utter failure! I don't put things off, I just don't do anything, nor do I have anything to do...

And as bad as that sounds, I really think I'm having more fun playing Dead or Alive 3 for 6 hours, eating "Marie Curie Radiation Dinners" and writing my stories than I ever did sitting in that filth encrusted classroom watching the ghetto kids that I'm forced to sit with make drug deals... Bah, that school was a waste of my time anyway... I'm learning hundreds of times more by doing independant work...

But, yeah... I don't procrastinate so much just not have much to do... Ach...

LamerPanda
Mar 25, 2003, 06:30 PM
I'm a horrible procrastinator.

I had a literature project that we had 2 months to work on. I did most of it the night before it was due, actually organizing everything into a binder at 6:00 in the morning (keeping an organized binder was a major part of our grade). I printed out the table of contents the minute before I left for school. ^-^ It's still missing a few things, but it's enough for a passing grade.

I've had two other projects this year I did similar things on; I did a poster the night before it was due (pretty sure I got 100% on it, posters are the one thing I'm fairly good at) and a project we needed 15 articles for the morning it was due (90-something, probably because I used two very similar articles).

I always do homework the day it's due, as well, by doing it during other classes or during lunch.

I really need to shape up, I doubt I can get by doing this forever...

geewj
Mar 25, 2003, 06:43 PM
I can be very very lazy.

In school I had procrastination down to a fine art. I could delay my projects till the class before, and still get A's on them. Infact one time i spent 10 min doing a project and my teacher used it as an example of someone who put time and effort into thier work and deserves an A. XD

Bart: I'm not lazy, I'm just ... um ... uh ... Lisa, finish my sentence for me.

Lisa: Why don't you finish your own darn ... zzzzzzzz.

Mechashadow
Mar 25, 2003, 07:10 PM
I can be very very lazy.

In school I had procrastination down to a fine art. I could delay my projects till the class before, and still get A's on them. Infact one time i spent 10 min doing a project and my teacher used it as an example of someone who put time and effort into thier work and deserves an A. XD

Bart: I'm not lazy, I'm just ... um ... uh ... Lisa, finish my sentence for me.

Lisa: Why don't you finish your own darn ... zzzzzzzz.

HAHAHA!! That happens to me all the time! I feels so good inside that a project you thought up in a few minutes is actually better than a project that took the smartest person in the whole class 3 months to think up...

Raylan
Mar 26, 2003, 01:27 PM
What's procrastination?

BlackRose
Mar 26, 2003, 01:33 PM
On 2003-03-26 10:27, Raylan wrote:
What's procrastination?

Being sarcastic? Well, whatever...

Procrastinate (v.i.) To put off doing something, especially out of habitual carelessness or laziness.

The_Real_StarWind
Mar 26, 2003, 09:15 PM
Well i would have to admit that I am also gulity for being a slacker, work doesn't exist to me

pixelate
Mar 26, 2003, 10:59 PM
Oh, you know it! I had a week off for Spring Break and I never touched any homework for college. Then I missed the first day of class after Spring Break because I still didn't have the work done. I enjoy spending two weeks on a piece of work that should take only three hours.

Cloud_01
Mar 26, 2003, 11:02 PM
I always leave things for the last minute.

It's easier for me that way.

SorceressofTime
Mar 27, 2003, 01:03 AM
i always procrastinate. 'm just too tired to do anything these days, thus me leaving most things till the last minute. stupid time management. ><

Captain_Dude
Mar 27, 2003, 02:04 AM
Everybody should just forget everything they're doing and not do anything! Follow my example... and instead of putting stuff off, just don't do nothing! It makes easier stuff thing...

After all... Uh... Aphasia!

Orange_Coconut
Mar 27, 2003, 02:56 AM
If only it were that easy ^_~

I really wasn't expecting so many answers from people on this website, heh. I guess I have been proven wrong.

~*Slackers 4 Life*~

Captain_Dude
Mar 27, 2003, 08:51 AM
On 2003-03-26 23:56, Orange_Coconut wrote:
If only it were that easy ^_~

I really wasn't expecting so many answers from people on this website, heh. I guess I have been proven wrong.

~*Slackers 4 Life*~

Everything's that easy... *forgets what he was going to say*... If you just... put your mind to it...

You should expect many answers on populated forums like this!

Aphasiatics 4 Life

"Yum yum, bumble bee, bumble bee tuna, I love bumble bee, bumble bee tuna, yum yum bumble bee, bumble bee tuna, love a sandwhich made with bumble bee!"