PDA

View Full Version : Help-Freeze Ignition

TecherRamen
Jun 26, 2012, 08:27 PM
Can anyone explain how this works or if it works?

I know it makes frozen enemies explode and does damage but heres the clincher: I have never observed this. I have it at lv 5 and have tried using in a number of different ways (I know it is not passive). I have tried activating it then freezing an enemy and activating it after freezing an enemy. In both situations when the enemies unfreeze no damage is dealt. I have even tried hitting the enemy to break the ice and that also has no unusual effect.

Thanks in advance.

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 08:29 PM
1-Inflict freeze on an enemy
2-While frozen, get near the enemy and activate ignition
3a-If the enemy is small or medium-sized, watch it die
3b-Otherwise, observe damage.

TecherRamen
Jun 26, 2012, 08:38 PM
Ok so I did some digging and found an answer. once an enemy is frozen you have to get realy realy close and then use freeze ignition. The bad news was that the enemy was litterally on top of me(he jumped up and got froze lol). The good news? in the caves lvl 11 enemy, it did 925 damage. my force is lvl 16...

1-Inflict freeze on an enemy
2-While frozen, get near the enemy and activate ignition
3a-If the enemy is small or medium-sized, watch it die
3b-Otherwise, observe damage.

Thank you!!

Randomness
Jun 26, 2012, 10:16 PM
Ok so I did some digging and found an answer. once an enemy is frozen you have to get realy realy close and then use freeze ignition. The bad news was that the enemy was litterally on top of me(he jumped up and got froze lol). The good news? in the caves lvl 11 enemy, it did 925 damage. my force is lvl 16...

I hit an enemy in the emergency quest for nearly 2500 a bit ago, with just level 6.

Admittedly, I'm at 19.

TecherRamen
Jun 27, 2012, 12:36 AM
I hit an enemy in the emergency quest for nearly 2500 a bit ago, with just level 6.

Admittedly, I'm at 19.

what is your cool off time? Mine is 60 seconds. does it ever get shorter?

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 10:26 AM
No, sadly.

MasterSpark
Jun 27, 2012, 11:38 AM
I will be getting freeze ignition up to level 10 just to see what kind of damage it can dish out before I begin considering a respeccing of my skill tree. I like seeing big numbers. :-P

Ueno54
Jun 27, 2012, 03:02 PM
Can't respec till they let us buy the AC stuff. I wanted to go down the freeze ignition tree to check it out and found out that we can't.

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 03:09 PM
Can't respec till they let us buy the AC stuff. I wanted to go down the freeze ignition tree to check it out and found out that we can't.

And even then adding a new tree is cheaper.

TecherRamen
Jun 27, 2012, 06:51 PM
Freeze ignition is pretty awesome. what Im noticing its realy good for is boss fights. not only if you can freeze a boss, but if you can freeze the little enemies that spawn and swarm you, freeze ignition will realy thin the herd. Also Im noticing with bosses that you get opportunities to wail on them, at those times photon flare is realy excelent. Both skills would be a lot better with a shorter cool down time; Especially freeze ignition.

Randomness
Jun 27, 2012, 09:04 PM
Freeze ignition is pretty awesome. what Im noticing its realy good for is boss fights. not only if you can freeze a boss, but if you can freeze the little enemies that spawn and swarm you, freeze ignition will realy thin the herd. Also Im noticing with bosses that you get opportunities to wail on them, at those times photon flare is realy excelent. Both skills would be a lot better with a shorter cool down time; Especially freeze ignition.

If Ignition had like a 20 sec cd, I'd mow through normal packs a bit faster (Only a bit-desert has almost everything spawning weak to light... so Gigrants ftw), and could capitalize on boss freezing more.

And Flare is perfect for when Ragne's leg breaks - Flare, throw card, unleash Gigrants on the back of the head.

Inaruna
Jun 27, 2012, 10:51 PM
And Flare is perfect for when Ragne's leg breaks - Flare, throw card, unleash Gigrants on the back of the head.You can still hit Ragne's weak spot on the back of his head even when he doesn't fall.

Zorafim
Jun 28, 2012, 12:05 AM
I'm considering going down Ice when I level my force. So I have to ask. When would you use this skill? Spamming it doesn't seem like a good idea, since it does a ton of damage. And using it to mow down mobs doesn't seem plausible, since you said you need to be right on top of them. Using it on bosses doesn't seem great, since if you freeze a boss, you want your team to whale on it while it's frozen instead of doing a ton of damage and freeing it.

It just seems too good to use. I'm not missing something, am I?

MasterSpark
Jun 28, 2012, 01:33 AM
I see one big hurdle to overcome when using freeze ignition in a team: Your teammates will likely break the ice before you can set off the skill. It doesn't come out instantly, and any kind of attack will remove the frozen status from an enemy.

In my opinion, freeze ignition will be much better (and easier) to use when you're going solo.

One other thing. It doesn't seem to work on the vol dragon when it's feet are frozen, which is disappointing. :(

JellyfishHappy
Aug 24, 2012, 08:55 AM
So did you ever end up getting Freeze ignition to 10 to try it out? I put one point in and regretted it since it seems it has to be all or nothing. I noticed it not working on dragon as well :( Since it doesn't work on him I assume by extension it doesn't work on any boss at all? Possibly only mini-bosses or fodder mobs? If this is the case it really makes the skill very,.... limited in its usefulness?

Any further results?

TecherRamen
Aug 24, 2012, 12:16 PM
Its good if youre sniping with barta from far away and you catch somethin close to you you can knock it out. I have it at 10. I think it peaks some where from lvl 6-8. after 8 the level by level gains diminish. IT does not work on bosses other than kayatadoran. i also have a build with one point in it and it is worthless at that level. I will raise it to 6 once the level cap increases. Hopefully it becomes rebalanced in the future