PDA

View Full Version : Is PSO style casting possible in PSO2?

Typography
Jun 27, 2012, 06:46 AM
What I mean by that is it possible to get enough TP to be able to depend entirely on techs. So far in all the videos I've seen Forces have ~100-110 TP and depend mostly on physical attacks. Is a 100% caster build possible / viable in this game?

ZIE creations
Jun 27, 2012, 06:49 AM
You just have to wait for PP to regen (not tech power anymore, it's Photon Power, TP is now magic damage) There are skills that make it better later in the force skill tree, melee just makes it a little faster in close situations.

Abbeel
Jun 27, 2012, 07:27 AM
I haven't really gotten the opportunity to sit around and just do nothing but cast techs. My PP regens enough while dodging or doing other things that I almost never need to wait for regen. I use a card weapon as well, though, so getting a few attacks off is easy from range.

kdrakari
Jun 27, 2012, 07:35 AM
With skills you get later on Forces can have a much larger PP pool as well as faster regen and cheaper techniques. Still not enough to go through a full boss fight non-stop casting and there's no items to replenish anymore, but during a fight like that you would have to stop to dodge attacks which should give you some extra time to charge, and at worst you could always throw a few cards to recover.

Zyrusticae
Jun 27, 2012, 10:17 AM
No, you can't be 100% caster-only without sacrificing some efficiency.

I AM at the point where I can pretty much clear all the trash without having to stop to recharge thanks to my astronomically high Tech Attack, but it's pretty much impossible to do bosses without attacking to recharge at some point.

PSO Addict
Jun 27, 2012, 10:28 AM
I find the new system quite enjoyable. I was ranting to myself that people didn't know how to play forces from the alpha videos that I watched in that they would be constantly attacking with weapons while at full PP, but I find myself doing the same. Cards are a great tool for keeping your points up and there are definitely ways of boosting your sustainability. Forces are much more diverse now and are more than simply rafoie spam -> trifluid on loop.