PDA

View Full Version : Crash after 5 minutes

Drakeo
Jun 27, 2012, 01:15 PM
Hate to post this, i haven't found a similar post relating to this problem though.

Getting a basic error message that is simple -
https://twitter.com/Drakeo_D/status/217750653823492096/photo/1

Translating the simple katakana characters のエラーがしました just gives me "There was an error of" However i cant translate the other "advanced" characters.

The error is stopping me from enjoying the game :< tried starting from a fresh shut down + restart, tried uninstalling and re patching/updating but so far nothing. i can even just leave the game in the background on the starting splash "press enter" screen, and the same happens.

Maiolica
Jun 27, 2012, 02:00 PM
It says "An unforeseen error has occurred."

I have no idea how to fix that though.

Crevox
Jun 27, 2012, 02:37 PM
Need computer specs, need to know if the game ever worked in the past, need to know if you have administrative privileges on your machine

Drakeo
Jun 27, 2012, 02:49 PM
Worked Monday and Tuesday, i played and got a ranger to lv6, went back to it the next day and this started. Owner of the PC so always running in Admin mode

Stats are as follows:
ACPI x64
i7-2600k @ 3.40ghz
8gb memory
Nvidia GF - GTX560 Ti

running W7 Ultimate.

SolRiver
Jun 27, 2012, 07:49 PM
Try to roll back to older graphic card driver.

That seem to have work for someone that had "sudden weird PSO2 problem". (2+ months ago driver)

Hopefully it will work for you too.

Aeris
Jun 28, 2012, 06:11 AM
i am on the lastest version and never ran into any issues yet, tryed a fresh install of the lastest drivers?

Drakeo
Jun 29, 2012, 08:42 AM
Rolled the gfx back, same problem. reverted back to latest driver, same problem.

I've been able to load the game up with no problems... ONLY as the first program after a SD/RS, but once i close the game, the error starts all over again.

Have done a quick Vlog of the errors -
When it started on tuesday - http://www.livestream.com/drakeo/video?clipId=pla_ace66c77-77e1-4eb8-ba9c-9110baaecfe7&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb (you can mute it as it's only friends ranting about DA2/ME3)
http://www.livestream.com/drakeo/video?clipId=pla_534fe004-ff42-44a8-ae3e-22da16658542&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb - no settings and error (camera fiddling)
http://www.livestream.com/drakeo/video?clipId=pla_17141df2-3e13-4c55-b707-0c2eb3970b92&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb - showing the current settings and error.

Sodamaker
Jul 8, 2012, 08:40 PM
You're not the only one friend. I've recently developed a crashing issue on my computer, and I'm not sure it's the computer at all. I've got dual 5830's in crossfire, 2.8 6 core processor, and 16gb of ddr3 1600 ram. True the cards are getting hot, but this game is the only one with the issue at the moment. My ati drivers are fully updated, and the game has only today developed this problem. I'm going to start troubleshooting this, running a memory test tonight, reinstalling ati drivers, then the pso2 client. I will try to keep you updated, and I'm searching for anyone with similar problems.

Update: I've gone through several steps to try and narrow the problem, with no success. So far, a list of things I've tried.
-Newest ATI video drivers
-Fresh installation of PSO2 on a different drive
-Graphics settings turned to 1, shaders off, windowed/full screen/virtual full screen modes
-Solo play only, group play has been a factor for others
-Reported problem with google chrome running simultaniously, ran with IE instead
All of these factors have made no difference on my machine. My only options remaining may be try a different zone, since I've only been playing caves, which could be a factor, but I've crashed on the main ship and city missions as well. I also forgot to run memtest86+, as it takes several hours to run.

Sodamaker
Jul 8, 2012, 09:16 PM
I have a question for anyone experiencing this problem, as it's just happened to me. Load up the game, play for 5 or so minutes before your crash, then turn the game off. My computer still ended up crashing ~10 minutes later after I'd closed the program. This is VERY strange, as it runs fine during TV shows etc for extended periods, I've done this today, but after running PSO2, it eventually crashes, regardless of if the program is on.

I'm begining to wonder if it's the program after all... since this seems computer related now. But I'm still searching for a solution. And I'll also try to recrash using PSO2 as the reason.

SolRiver
Jul 8, 2012, 09:22 PM
Hmm... Try again with your computer case open? See if lowering temperature make you last longer.

arucart
Jul 16, 2012, 04:22 PM
I'm getting this error as well sometimes I won't get it all day sometimes I'll get it several times in an hour