PDA

View Full Version : Error No.104. Please advise!

ProphetOfTears
Jun 28, 2012, 12:38 AM
Hi folks, I'm getting a lovely little error message telling me (my Japanese is rusty) that the file cannot be downloaded and I should do something... and [No.104]. Well, I've included the pic.
A lot of hunting has yielded little fruit. Basically it's stuck at about 99% of the patch and I'm itching to play. Tried playing around with things but still can;t get it...

Any ideas so I can get stuck in would be gratefully appreciated. Been waiting 10 years for this game :-)

Thanks ever so.

SolRiver
Jun 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
so the error come out when it hit 99%?

I am wondering if some other program is messing with it...

Maybe you can get the patch completed in safe mode. (press f8 when computer boot up, google for detail)

Kishgal
Jun 28, 2012, 01:32 PM
ファイルのダウンロ一ドに失敗しました。
最新バ一ジヨンヘ正常にアップデ一トすること出来ませんでした。
ファイルが書き込み禁止になっていなか確認して下さい。
which i pooped out to

Failed to download the file once.
Could not that a bit Jiyonhe a server successfully latest Updates.
Please check the file is write-protected countryside.
50% google translate's dumbness, 50% my inability to read and properly replicate tiny pixelated kanji.
The message still gets through though, check that you're running as administrator and that the game files aren't write protected or anything. Maybe disable UAC or move the game to your user files?

Clessy
Jun 28, 2012, 05:54 PM
Keep trying takes servial tries before it works.

ProphetOfTears
Jun 28, 2012, 07:46 PM
Thanks folks. It will only run as the launcher, btw.

SolRiver, I haven't tried finishing it in safe mode, however this makes me a little uncomfortable to be honest as my anti virus won't work fully (oh, and I've checked that and the firewall and they aren't I believe, causing the trouble). I'm a tad paranoid :-)

Kishgal; I don't think UAC is the problem here....Running the game as admin, and the update is in user/documents/sega/pso2 and the game is on another drive. Would it be best, then, to move the game across? I'd rather avoid it but if it would solve this....

Clessy: I have tried it 20 times over 4 -5 days. Unfortunately persistence and repetition have not helped me here.

Also, I'm not sure if it was bad form of me not to post my specs, but this is my laptop, I'm running Win 7 64 bit, Core i5 2.27 dual and radeon 5650, with 6GB of RAM. Of course, specs aren't the problem but just thought I should include them ;-)

SolRiver
Jun 28, 2012, 10:08 PM
SolRiver, I haven't tried finishing it in safe mode, however this makes me a little uncomfortable to be honest as my anti virus won't work fully (oh, and I've checked that and the firewall and they aren't I believe, causing the trouble). I'm a tad paranoid :-)

I can assure you from my gazillion times of using the internet with safe mode, I have never gotten any virus.

If you can complete the operation while in safe mode, my number 1 suspect is your anti-virus. (a far too common problem)