PDA

View Full Version : Guild Wars 2 - 08-28-12!

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2012, 08:48 AM
http://t.co/EaqxNuzC

It's finally coming~

Zeota
Jun 28, 2012, 09:25 AM
Nice to see they finally picked a date. I knew they had to be getting close.

Scrub
Jun 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
I was in the first beta event they had. The game seemed really solid at its core, but it was so unpolished that I dont see a way it will be a decent pickup on release.

I could be wrong, and hope that I am, but this is definitely a game I'm gonna give a month or two before I think of picking it up.

Akaimizu
Jun 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
They polished it up a lot even from the 1st beta weekend to the 2nd beta weekend event.

Nice they have a date, though I have to admit I might not be able to play right at that time as much as I'd like to. Depending on scheduling this year, I may be very busy right after that day until about a month 1/2 later.

Freshellent
Jun 28, 2012, 11:34 AM
GODDAMMIT CHELS IM GONNA PUNCH THE CHIT OUTTA YOU FOR GETTING THIS BEFORE ME RUUAAAGAGAGAHAGAAHAGAHHAGAHAGAHA

I will be playing on the whatever is considered the role-playing servers because I absolutely refuse to put up/participate in any other community when it comes to that sort of thing anymore. This is (the phantasy star one) community where I don't really mind everyone at the core, mostly because you're all harmless and really love the series no matter what you say.

ANYWAY. I have a lot of stuff planned for the game and really hope they continue to make the changes to the game they said they would. Namely adding far more options when it comes to customization of our characters. Seriously, give me more hair styles and face options, Anet.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t-CB0hheQRg

Akaimizu
Jun 28, 2012, 11:44 AM
I'm pretty sure Anet will accomodate, at least by an expansion. Heck, Guild Wars 1 was pretty much the most customizable character-look creation tool I've experienced in an RPG, especially since they were the first (for a long time) to allow all kinds of ethnic-specific facial structures to the point you can even make mixed characters. I was really impressed with that.

Freshellent
Jun 28, 2012, 11:46 AM
I just find it amazing that the base version of Guild Wars 1 has more hair/face choices than the current game. Beta, I know. But if I don't complain about it I know it won't get changed. They've literally fixed everything else I could have ever bitched about, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2012, 11:51 AM
GODDAMMIT CHELS IM GONNA PUNCH THE CHIT OUTTA YOU FOR GETTING THIS BEFORE ME RUUAAAGAGAGAHAGAAHAGAHHAGAHAGAHA
:3

Yeah, with the character idea I'm wanting to run with I'm definitely gonna have to find an RP-friendly server but from what I remember about the GW1 community, that shouldn't be too hard. I kinda don't have a lot of faith in getting a *lot* more character customization out of ANet, as awesome as they are, but it's beta so we'll see. The creator is, relatively, one of the newest features they unveiled after all.

Freshellent
Jun 28, 2012, 12:04 PM
You know, I was playing it yesterday. Just kinda logged in for the stress test and was running from some ghosts. In the middle of my dip-dodging-dives I literally jumped into a well that I didn't realize was there and fell into some water. The well part was this underground network, had a skill challenge and some asshole mage ghost that shot blue fire everywhere. His tooltip literally said his attacks were unpredictable.

Point is, it was really funny and sort of blew my mind. Considering the character I was on fit the situation oddly well.

Ketchup345
Jun 28, 2012, 03:33 PM
Can't wait for release. Reminder- prepurchasers get 3 days early access, pre-orders get 1 day. Does 3 day mean that Saturday or Friday?

When you guys say Role-Play server, do you mean get in character, or pve only?

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2012, 04:00 PM
When you guys say Role-Play server, do you mean get in character, or pve only?
Both, in my case. PVP actually looks pretty nice in GW2 but I've always been more of a PVE person myself, even after honestly trying to get into it in Aion. I just want to be on a server that's friendly with me being in full-RP mode probably 90% of the time, but I don't think that'll be hard.

AC9breaker
Jun 28, 2012, 04:27 PM
Awesome news! I've been really interested in this game and the developers philosophy and approach. I'm hoping to have my new gaming laptop by then. I really feel like this game has all the potential to be the next big thing.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 05:14 PM
TERA is disappointing a lot of PvPers lately..so I may try my hand at bringing my guild over to GW2...but I think most of them are going to stay with TERA so I will as well :P (Unless everyone stops playing it for exclusively PSO2.)

Also Chelsea (err..should I just call you Cocona now?) I'm surprised you are big on RP as I've never seen you induce yourself into it on PSU..maybe things have changed? But either way glad you have found a way to get the best out of your gaming experience. :)

CelestialBlade
Jun 28, 2012, 05:26 PM
Also Chelsea (err..should I just call you Cocona now?) I'm surprised you are big on RP as I've never seen you induce yourself into it on PSU..maybe things have changed? But either way glad you have found a way to get the best out of your gaming experience. :)
Whichever you prefer ;P

My plan is to play my D&D Rogue as a female human Thief in GW2, because the two settings she'll be in and fighting styles actually mesh together really well. So I pretty well plan to be in-character as her for the whole game, it'll be something new and she hasn't been very active in D&D for a long time so it'll be nice to "be" her again.

DreXxiN
Jun 28, 2012, 05:39 PM
Whichever you prefer ;P

My plan is to play my D&D Rogue as a female human Thief in GW2, because the two settings she'll be in and fighting styles actually mesh together really well. So I pretty well plan to be in-character as her for the whole game, it'll be something new and she hasn't been very active in D&D for a long time so it'll be nice to "be" her again.

Ahh I understand where you are coming from. Well that's awesome :). And man, it has been awhile since I've played D&D...but my D&D character was a Ranger and my PSO main has always been a RAmar so it kind of works out..except for the whole not being able to use at least a low level Resta anymore.. D:

Freshellent
Jun 28, 2012, 09:02 PM
Yeah, when I say Role-Play servers I definitely mean In-Character. The difference between an RP server and anything else has been night and day with the communities. Plus, I already have a lot of things in mind and a few friends that want to join for that sort of thing. The design of GW2 doesn't require a "PvP" server since we can't be ganked anyway. Not that we need to, half the mobs in the game will humble even the most seasoned MMO vet if they aren't paying attention.

WvWvW will fill the PvP void, and I will participate in a lot of structured 5v5s, so I'm not really worried about anything in that regard.

Also, Chels always put enough life into her characters that RPing for her won't be that hard to begin with.

Eitherway, gonna smash stuff. This game will be great. Covers my fantasy love and with this and PSO2, I won't need much else.

Akaimizu
Jul 2, 2012, 04:18 AM
Funny that role play comes into mind. During the beta, I've been playing a old-fantasy version of my Tynselle Nbareh character as a thief with twin handguns. Of course, this is only for the beta. I don't plan on making her again in an MMO, and will force myself to create a new developed character for this one. The decision is not yet made as I haven't found an idea that *clicked* yet. something that is more compatible with the personalities GW2 has. Apparently, the smart and smart-mouthed attitude that Tynselle is supposed to have doesn't exist in the game.

Everybody is so serious. Why so serious? If you have a character that is either based on charm, or cunning, the game would've had wildly different dialogue if I was writing the script.

Freshellent
Jul 2, 2012, 04:48 AM
Dood, you gotta see some of the dialogue in that game. I don't think I've ever been impressed with the things said in a MMO before. I laughed so hard sometimes, some of it is just SO good. Plenty of charming things to be heard, believe me.

Ketchup345
Jul 2, 2012, 05:29 PM
Apparently, the smart and smart-mouthed attitude that Tynselle is supposed to have doesn't exist in the game.

Everybody is so serious. Why so serious? If you have a character that is either based on charm, or cunning, the game would've had wildly different dialogue if I was writing the script.Smart? Asura. Smart-mouthed? Asura. They just weren't playable in the BWEs, but will be upon release. Their "comedy" though will likely be based on insulting other races or each others' intelligence.

They do admittedly look different- Waist high, long rabbit-eared, sharp teeth. According to their known personalities, they are more caster than physical damage, preferring to let other races or their GOLEM creations face the danger up close. They built the large gate system that allows instant travel between areas (the ones accessed in Lion's Arch, not the waypoints everywhere).

Akaimizu
Jul 16, 2012, 10:29 PM
Just a reminder that the last Beta Weekend Event, before release, is this coming weekend. For those with access (eg. Pre-purchasers), don't miss it.

angryrocks
Jul 16, 2012, 11:15 PM
Just a reminder that the last Beta Weekend Event, before release, is this coming weekend. For those with access (eg. Pre-purchasers), don't miss it.

and dont forget to patch!
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/zenith5/2012-04-28_00002.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Fisty McPockets is watching you

spade88
Jul 19, 2012, 03:40 AM
Bare with me since I'm not a Guild wars fan, is this the new beta being released?

Akaimizu
Jul 19, 2012, 08:30 AM
More of a continuation of the Beta. Guild Wars have been having Beta Weekends each month until release. This is technically the last Beta Weekend since the game is being released next month.

The idea is that with each Beta Weekend, the game has a lot more developments since the last. This will probably be the closest to the full many people will see until it releases Aug 28th (though, those of us in this Beta will get full access to the game on the 25th)

Ketchup345
Jul 19, 2012, 04:47 PM
Bare with me since I'm not a Guild wars fan, is this the new beta being released?They had multiple Beta stages- a normal closed Beta and this semi-open beta (beta keys or prepurchase gets you in).

My game is updated.

Does anyone know if this game requires the -image like GW1 did for best updating, or is there a different type of patch distribution/loading in this one?

For this one, all characters will have to start from level 1 again (or be remade entirely). The number of servers has been reduced so that there are more people alongside you. This means you may have to choose a new server.

Solstice
Jul 20, 2012, 01:09 AM
I am most certainly looking forward to the beta. I'm even moreso looking forward to the release because I bought the collector's edition.

I like statues. :c

Freshellent
Jul 20, 2012, 03:55 PM
and dont forget to patch!
[SPOILER-BOX]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/zenith5/2012-04-28_00002.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
Fisty McPockets is watching you

HAHAH I THOUGHT I WOULD NEVER SEE THAT IMAGE AGAIN, GODDAMMIT

Ketchup345
Jul 20, 2012, 07:31 PM
What server did everyone join?

My GW1 Guild is on Isle of Janthir.

Akaimizu
Jul 21, 2012, 08:11 AM
I'm on the same server. Playing a male Asura named Mumi. Given I was told the humor and cheeky comments lie in the Asura, I had to go there.

Freshellent
Jul 23, 2012, 04:35 AM
Damn man, I'm really sad that it's all over now.

A whole month of waiting now.

Ketchup345
Jul 25, 2012, 04:43 PM
For those wanting to roleplay: According to a Kotaku Developer chat, one commenter (not the Dev) said there are unofficial RP servers. Tarnished Coast for North America, Piken Square for Europe.

Sad it is over, but on Sunday I got a little disinterested in really progressing much, as I knew everything was going to be wiped.

Akaimizu
Jul 26, 2012, 09:28 AM
I only really got to play but for so many hours, this past weekend. Given I finally was able to play the Asura, I put a good bit of time into having fun with it. Given the humor and the attitudes of them, I think I'll probably roll one in the final. It definitely changed my mind from the more human-like races. It isn't about looks, but more about the interesting social atmosphere they created and the lore.

Their "My story" choices interest me.

Keilyn
Jul 27, 2012, 06:11 PM
I will definately be playing this game since I played the hell out of the first one and still have it installed. Still have my 12 characters in gw1.

Akaimizu
Aug 2, 2012, 01:13 PM
Just a heads up. Guild wars 2 is stress-testing today. Characters from last Beta weekend are still intact. Here's another chance to play this game some before release.

Keilyn
Aug 7, 2012, 03:48 AM
ok, anyone here going to play GW2 when released? I would like to start a group for that game to level and play together after release. ^_^

Akaimizu
Aug 7, 2012, 08:39 AM
Well, considering I've done beta weekends, it's a given for me. Though my weekends will often be shot the first two months (working Renn Fest often kills weekends), I'll be participating on a number of weeknights.

Freshellent
Aug 7, 2012, 12:26 PM
I'll be... around. A lot. Mostly on whatever the main RP server ends up being.

In terms of starting a group? I dunno, I'm keeping my options open because I know better, and this is a different breed of game. Playing with others is very easy and doesn't mean much when you group except for chats. You'll find people very quickly.

Akaimizu
Aug 7, 2012, 02:56 PM
Same. I'd probably play on a RP server. Not on the idea that I always roleplay, but more on the idea that I don't want to make people angry if I decide to do something that is quite in character.

That's the biggest difference for me. On non-RP ones, people get angry or extremely testy on anybody who even remotely goes into character for even a second. Screw that drama.

Zipzo
Aug 13, 2012, 02:16 PM
Any fellow PSO-ers going to be playing this magnificent game?

Scrub
Aug 13, 2012, 03:28 PM
My bud tells me they fixed rifles for Engineers to not be complete trash in the last beta build so I SORT of want to, but then again the WoW expansion is coming out in a month and I'd rather play that.

Akaimizu
Aug 13, 2012, 03:38 PM
Sorry for lesser updates. They've been putting out these random Stress Tests, and they hardly give a days warning about them. I wasn't able to make each one of them, myself. So anyway, be on the lookout or follow Guildwars2 on twitter because more little stress tests may pop up anytime.

CelestialBlade
Aug 13, 2012, 04:39 PM
Still plan on being there, though I question what kind of capacity that will be in.

DayDreamer
Aug 13, 2012, 07:01 PM
Im still on the fence on whether or not I should pick this up..
I know its going to be amazing but Im already dedicated to alot of online games atm
[SPOILER-BOX](Mabinogi mainly but Rusty Hearts Team Fortress 2 and a little bit of Vindictus and Maplestory now and then)[/SPOILER-BOX]What do you guys think? Also Money is something thats preventing me from buying it concidering all the games that are coming in the fall x- x

Zyrusticae
Aug 13, 2012, 07:47 PM
Still thinking on whether or not to cancel my (discounted) Newegg pre-order.

The fact that pre-ordering doesn't get me access to the beta (only pre-PURCHASING does) really pisses me off. How am I supposed to know my purchase was worth it if I never, ever get to try the game before I buy? Grrr...

Ketchup345
Aug 13, 2012, 08:33 PM
My bud tells me they fixed rifles for Engineers to not be complete trash in the last beta build so I SORT of want to, but then again the WoW expansion is coming out in a month and I'd rather play that.I may have to check out rifle again, assuming they have another stress test.

Sorry for lesser updates. They've been putting out these random Stress Tests, and they hardly give a days warning about them. I wasn't able to make each one of them, myself. So anyway, be on the lookout or follow Guildwars2 on twitter because more little stress tests may pop up anytime.The one on Friday I think it was, was unplayable for me. I'd start moving then a few seconds later get "Warped" back to where I had last stopped.

Still thinking on whether or not to cancel my (discounted) Newegg pre-order.

The fact that pre-ordering doesn't get me access to the beta (only pre-PURCHASING does) really pisses me off. How am I supposed to know my purchase was worth it if I never, ever get to try the game before I buy? Grrr...Now isn't the time to be concerned about getting into a beta- all events that last more than a few hours are over with. There may be a few more stress tests (4 hours, tops, which is hardly time to really get to know the game), release will be the next extended play time.

Pre-ordering should get you a 1 day head start, as in Monday the 27th.

Akaimizu
Aug 13, 2012, 09:38 PM
The Friday one was really packed and had warping troubles. They had another one on Sunday but at a very short window. It was not prime time like friday so it was running fast for people who got on. So I can't really say that one was a real stress test unless they can get similar load to Friday night.

Ketchup345
Aug 13, 2012, 10:15 PM
The Friday one was really packed and had warping troubles. They had another one on Sunday but at a very short window. It was not prime time like friday so it was running fast for people who got on. So I can't really say that one was a real stress test unless they can get similar load to Friday night.Sunday's was just over an hour long (I think they started a bit before the stated time), many people probably didn't bother. On Sunday I barely had enough time to finish unlocking greatsword abilities on my mesmer.

The only stress tests that were at decent times were the Friday one and the Sunday one. The previous ones have mostly been coinciding with standard work hours.

condiments
Aug 13, 2012, 11:41 PM
I got my thief to level 12 and played some sPVP over the past couple of stress tests, and the game is incredibly fun. Had some trouble with lag on the Friday stress test, but I had plenty of time to get a feel for the game before that.

It feels smooth. Its satisfying chaining abilities together while circle strafing and dodging to avoid all incoming damage. It was also a rush seeing my health disappear in large chunks if I was off my game. My only issue is the ability queue caused me to unnecessarily waste my initiative quite a bit.

I've already planned a get together with some friends for the release, and the tests have simply made me more excited. Not too much longer.

http://i996.photobucket.com/albums/af90/condiments1/gw015.jpg

Ketchup345
Aug 14, 2012, 08:14 PM
Guess what game has another stress test tomorrow? Same time as they usually are, sadly.

Akaimizu
Aug 23, 2012, 10:31 AM
I actually woke up in time for another stress test last night. I couldn't give a warning about it because they didn't even give a warning about it.

It was a "Hey guys! We got an hour-long stress test in 10 minutes!" kind of thing. I'm like. "Really? That counts as a stress test??"

More like a download test than anything since there was a patch that if you weren't patching daily (since the last stress test only a couple days prior) then you had about a 1/2hr download wait. Not only that, since they wiped the last beta characters, you had to go through the character creation all over again. Anyway, it was nice to just pop in and see the latest released build and they took away the "Work in Progress" graphic away from the cutscenes.

Anyway, looks like it's set and ready for the pre-purchase early launch 2 days from now.

Keilyn
Aug 24, 2012, 07:56 PM
Bought my copy of the game. Delivery shall come soon. Just look out....if ts anything like gw1 you might not pay a cent in subs, but you will pay when they frequently release expansions. At least your money goes for new content and not taking up space in a server.

Ive chosen gw2 as my main game over pso2. Too much bs in SEGA, though doesn't mean that I won't play it.

condiments
Aug 25, 2012, 05:43 PM
Been a very smooth launch on my end. I've been shuffled to overflow servers but its easy to join with friends now despite earlier difficulties(launch night didn't allow you to).

The game is just great!

RuneLateralus
Aug 26, 2012, 03:32 AM
Been a very smooth launch on my end. I've been shuffled to overflow servers but its easy to join with friends now despite earlier difficulties(launch night didn't allow you to).

The game is just great!

Consider yourself lucky. I have been reading nothing but bitching from other people. I am getting my copy from a store, so I only got a day head start, which I will not take advantage of as I was a long time WoW gamer, I know what mmo game/content launches bring...hatred, anger, and animosity due to connection issues. Happens in every MMO. So I will just wait a couple days before I decide to pick up the game.

And I got Dota 2 to keep me occupied for now. No matter how much I suck at it.

Akaimizu
Aug 26, 2012, 08:44 AM
The launch was decent, though I had to add a last name to my character when I woke up early to jump into the head start. Can you believe that all through the beta, nobody took my character name at all. However, only when the head start happened, somebody grabbed my character name within the first hour. Crazy. At least this does allow last names, even though I still ask people to refer to me by my character's first name.

I'm in with Tarnished Coast and with an Asuran named Mumi Kol.

Not that the launch wasn't without its hiccups. The login servers in general have had issues where players were suddenly kicked off their game with some account security error message and have to wait a little bit before they can sign on. I would guess when the flood gates opened, the *real* stress test happened. On the other hand, outside of that, the game server I was on seemed to run fairly well under the stress, so far.

I mainly had to work that day, so my reason for jumping into the game so quickly is to simply reserve my character name. I just wasn't quick enough on the draw to get Mumi alone again, but I don't mind including the last name in the name. Just a bit shocked other people left it alone until the moment the full head start launched.

Ketchup345
Aug 26, 2012, 11:35 AM
Some people had some issues. The worst I got was a rare disconnect (but not logged out), and maybe one time the game froze (not sure if it is their issue or my computer's, no error message).

Gameplay has no issues as far as I can tell. Not much lag for me, acceptable framerates (my video card isn't the best).

Consider yourself lucky. I have been reading nothing but bitching from other people.The people that didn't have an issue are busy playing.

CelestialBlade
Aug 26, 2012, 12:36 PM
I will see you guys on Tarnished Coast....soon. My mind just can't do multiple games at the same time like I used to, and PSO2 still strongly holds my interest, but I'll be there. I plan on rolling Chelsea Tonelesca, female human Thief, and I've even got her backstory all ready to go. Game's gonna be a blast and so is RPing moreso than I do in other games.

Akaimizu
Aug 26, 2012, 01:21 PM
Heh. I played the female human thief during the early beta plays. I actually had a version of my PSU Tynselle Nbareh playing that thief. I had to, because it was such a coincidence. When I created Tynselle back at the beginning of PSU, I had it in her backstory that she almost starting to become quite the thief at first, until she was caught.

That and the fact that a major weapon of the GW2 thief is the twin gunnies. Too much coincidence not to do a little re-creation of the good-natured, spunky, athletic, smart, and devious "tomboy and loving it" character I got so attached to. But alas, I didn't have the intention to do it in the full. I figured I must let some things stay in the past and move on.

Zyrusticae
Aug 26, 2012, 02:09 PM
I'm on Tarnished Coast as Muale the Asura Warrior. Greatsword-and-hammer combo, ahoy!~

If anyone cares to add me, use this: Zyrusticae.7245

Quoting myself here in case anyone wants it:

So I got Ambient Occlusion working in it, but in the process found out that doing "Reflect All" or supersampling will disable it, so you may have to compromise.

The working bits are:
0x0000001F (Demigod) (Darkest, and best IMO)
0x0000002A (Diablo III) (A little weird, obviously intended for isometric view)
0x00000006 (Left 4 Dead) (Rather subtle, like all the Source Engine bits)

All of the Call of Duty ones I tested work as well. They're a bit more "in the middle", so to speak.

Here's a screenshot for your perusal. (https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mzJpSu0gPWquKhDTCFpMweaY4sBNVeS1s_j3YfKE0k2RsqfE 0zX8Vi_8KNS_ng7YNCT8Zkrb0lYFNGlPtnnjr1psS7b_pg5zYS UbSBzgvoh6LgdQYlxcg-g/Gw2%202012-08-25%2001-26-46-07.png?psid=1) Using the Demigod one. Dat HDR!~This is done through Nvidia Inspector, in case you don't know. And yes, it's Nvidia-exclusive. Also, I have to revise my original statement - any reflections, even "land and sky", will cause the ambient occlusion to bug out. Fortunately, the water still has an environment map for reflections even if you turn them off, so it still looks alright.

Also using the FXAA Injector to mess with the game's color and such. (This one's not Nvidia-exclusive.) Have some screenies~
[spoiler-box]https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mRJ61DwSmJX4uVuLmZqouQK27fnjwb0chQRVnY0X0lLKkS0M 56pkw3q35MIFFLALIolDE4ty_xPrbLWWTmQGTQMGseDwsE7nm6 CEVtr_1moi8ROUV2IijUw/Screenshot1232097.png?psid=1
https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mxRKm32vDnMve8HaAEr7YE3aS1KyFKpJJ-UWhOgWD0MtS1z5pPiygMmfasEWt5e1ovRy87PSGdimF3NIjTBa 2BrwNe0uOzHVM-cC50CHGLuq0rk42pYl3eQ/Gw2%202012-08-25%2001-33-31-34.png?psid=1
https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mjXrEK0tkzJhWmueJMviWjIz8JGGkdzvLM_rmWYVNvfqZI5o sDZxuLxduAbtDwuF_KFeJvEZ_CbmJvtSZXutVtCdhzmOo0EKP7 uLcXCxcEY5Y6HfPLRb7jg/Screenshot10729.png?psid=1https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1mStnzQQ2lOKG392Q7WKAdCh-zRzWTWK58vKy1XiIkMF1dNjLOW-Pt2NuYL89uvOhdkL5cXa-zBu4p7rd0UZwco01RZGiCxstODGNhdxjRtkUQhr6XthbAag/Screenshot70546.png?psid=1
https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1m1mrm4KY3TSlbePZd16jAO9jI3zu2x6H9USiO02pTVy_8Whl hk36XL50I9KyRqH-BVuQjVNdi5RSSzSUyHl2Rp6XZjSWdBDj1dQcFW7OfCd4-pp6JMEBa0g/Screenshot118688.png?psid=1[/spoiler-box]

Keilyn
Aug 28, 2012, 10:26 PM
Female human elementalist for me when I get back and start the game.

Syl
Aug 28, 2012, 11:39 PM
I'll probably be picking it up on Friday, hopefully. ;x

Zyrusticae
Sep 14, 2012, 12:05 AM
This thread is kind of slow.

I find it kind of strange considering the game has no sub fee and thus can be played alongside anything else. Also, it's surprisingly good (though full of bugged events... sigh).

Also, my Asura warrior is the sweetest thing ever.

[spoiler-box]https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1m0KmnoHpYQhPLcYgwV3AFAxysJt-Lj0lKswHxSpaS1RbEp10yFboQSaUX54oE4xJL8iGFLl3I6yjBP IQHarQKiXkYD2uSasUS-autmd33OZd9vagdP0-BWw/Screenshot183034.png?psid=1
https://xptjdq.bay.livefilestore.com/y1m6hRtU2yTF8R2OthVPgAoFSnCCboZFBXrI_5aJWv61Y0eUo1 GZdMdpILWM8SU02us7sHFbjizv_8YxE6ltJucUn0kZDjSUuaLv DlCrvGL8KXnPBlT32s9-g/Screenshot182312.png?psid=1[/spoiler-box]

Keilyn
Sep 14, 2012, 04:12 AM
I play in the Keineng world as an elementist. I am near level 400 artificer and 225 tailoring so far. If all goes well, I will max my two crafting out in the next two days or so or at least have me both above 375. I am happy, I am close to level sixty and this game definately gives almost every game I've played before a run for their money.

JeyKama
Sep 15, 2012, 12:21 PM
Been spending way too much time grinding in this game, almost forgot about the PSO2 class update. Bit of a culture shock going back to PSO2...

Too addicting looking for vistas (and jumping off expecting haystacks to land on...). I'm not a big fan of WvW or sPvP though, which the endgame is really about. All the PVE stuff is really all about grinding for a legendary, which doesn't sit well with me. The dungeons (and WvW) definitely need way more polish and the grind factor for dungeon/cultural3 skins is pretty grotesque for how niche they are. Personally the only look I wanted was what Engineers wore in the character select... and I got it fairly easily.

Anyway, my character is Sovis, an 80 Engineer on the Fort Aspenwood server.

[spoiler-box]
I keep finding nice views that I have to take pictures of... Also, the characters adjusting footing to the terrain blew my mind.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/sovis0915a.jpg

I love this coat! Almost want to make it just for personal use.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/sovis0915b.jpg

... suddenly, Arctic Camo. Kind of.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s258/jeykama/sovis0915c.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

Xefi
Sep 16, 2012, 12:52 AM
my character Xefi, the ranger. i play on the Sea of Sorrow server.
[spoiler-box]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/rubysion/gw018.jpg[/spoiler-box]

sitting down and enjoying the world. after looking at it closely, the world is pretty BIG. ;p
[spoiler-box]http://i293.photobucket.com/albums/mm64/rubysion/gw019.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Freshellent
Sep 18, 2012, 01:27 PM
[spoiler-box]http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x363/ImperfectBlock/GW2%20BWE3/gw370.jpg[/spoiler-box]

This zone is literally one of the most well designed experiences I've had ever in a game, we're talking Valve level quality in direction, sense of self and presentation. I don't think I've played an MMO of this much raw quality, it's insane.

Akaimizu
Sep 18, 2012, 02:03 PM
Never been there yet. Stylistically, it reminds me of Skyrim.

JeyKama
Sep 18, 2012, 02:13 PM
Dunno what zone that is (guessing Frostgorge as that peak looks familiar... maybe I tried to wall-jump it). The world itself is a work of art. Pretty sure every goddamn cave is different.

The lv80 game though... one gigantic mess.