PDA

View Full Version : Item: TWIN PSYCHOGUN -- Worth the trouble?

lockeboy
Mar 24, 2003, 12:14 PM
I piped and did runs for hours yesterday on hard in search of a Love Rappy (didn't find one), and have been searching like mad through V.hard Temple killing Grass Assassins today .. I have had no luck in finding this weapon. The thing has more damage than the COMBAT .. and it just plain looks nifty .. but is it truly worth it? I am on the PURPLENUM ID, level 44, V.hard mode .. should I be looking elsewhere for something more worthwhile? Don't say the COMBAT itself, because I can't use it .. I'm a HUmar.

VulpesMundi
Mar 24, 2003, 01:43 PM
No, it isn't worth it. It cannot be grinded, so it winds up pretty weak. I will say that the Combat is better and I'll tell you why: all classes can use it in E1&2. Sonic Team removed the ranger-only stipulation from ver.1&2. That was a change made for the better. So get your butt into the Ultimate Forest (among other Ultimate areas) and kill some Bartles and Gulguses and get some Combats. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

PS. If you need ATA then killing Gulgus-Gue while hunting a Combat may very well net you a God/Arm. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: VulpesMundi on 2003-03-24 10:45 ]</font>

Elusive_Llama
Mar 24, 2003, 03:23 PM
I believe the Twin Psychoguns give +40 ATP. My Vulcans, fully ground, give somewhere around 38 ATP. L&K-14s, besides looking really cool with the photon canister mounted underneath, grind up to +20 and give +70 ATP.

For the most part, you really should be looking at the weapon's ATA bonus instead. A pair of 50% hit gatlings is much better than any L&K-14 with no hit %s. The bare minimum is 30% hit, with 50% hit being the standard when using mechguns on HUs.

I'm using an L&K-14 with 0/50/15/0/35 on my Hunny, but I still like my Thunder Vulcans 25/0/35/0/50.

lockeboy
Mar 24, 2003, 07:06 PM
So .. I can use the Combat?! Well, whoop! Ultimate Forest here I come! XD

VS_Power
Mar 24, 2003, 09:04 PM
all %s except hit mean nothing on vulcans...

damage wise there is no difference between gatlings and vulcans and lk's and twin psychoguns. mechs add like 20-30 atp....out of 1000+.

1020 atp compared with 1040 atp is nothing...itll maybe add 2 more points of damage on the enemy.

screw that, find a pair of charge mechs with hit and youve got an item better than the guldmilla

oh ya this is why %s suck. lets say you have twin psychoguns. lets say it has 40% native. the percents only effect the atp bonus given by your weapon....so since twin psychoguns add like 40 atp, the percents will add about 16 atp.....again 1 or 2 points of damage. trust me, it doesnt add up

Moogy
Mar 24, 2003, 09:47 PM
Yeah, Mechs are the one weapon where every percent but Hit is useless. Don't even bother using a Mechgun without Hit, unless it's the Guld Milla. The Guld Milla is the only Mechgun with a halfway-decent ATP bonus. As for the rest, Hit % is the way to go. Not to say the Psychos aren't cool. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif