PDA

View Full Version : Blue Burst on Vista: Any way to suppress lag/framerate issues??

Woodsie
Jun 30, 2012, 10:48 AM
A friend of mine is trying to get back into BB, but for some reason, he suffers from unbearable amounts of lag when playing the game.

From what he tells me he can login to the game and pick his character just fine, but the game itself is just unplayable due to the ridiculously low frame count.

Now, I know the difference between lag and framerate; I'm posting both because he's unsure as to what the issue is. On the same laptop, his Blue Burst used to run completely fine, but now it's just unplayable for some reason.

Has anyone got any tips on solving this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-)

Clessy
Jun 30, 2012, 11:15 AM
Pretty sure this is a gpu issue. Some cards or most now use 2 cores 1 for when your gaming and one for when you're not. BB doesnt support this and most of the time wont even launch properly or at all. In device manager try to disable your lower video card. For example if you've got a mobile nvidia gpu you've got a integrated intel gpu and a nvidia. Simply just disable the intel one completely and that way you'll always only run your true graphics card.

Another solution is if you're still having issues is run BB in a virtual enviorment. Run Xp via VMware. This way you can set all the emulated settings to work well with BB and Xp. You can set your cpu to act as a single core cpu since im sure psobb is only able to use 1 of those cores anyways.

But it sounds like his integrated gpu is being selected.