PDA

View Full Version : talis cast tech from self not card tip (cast like using a rod)

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 1, 2012, 04:06 AM
so you guys know how sometimes you wanna cast a tech from yourself not your talis, but sometimes you can't because of that annoying 1.5 second it takes for the talis to disappear?

if you play talis in tps mode, here's a tip i finally figured out after 17 levels of being a force which is kinda embarrassing

just hit the ground with your talis and it'll disappear right away, letting you cast a tech from yourself immediately.

it also takes care of the problem of wanting to just attack from yourself without casting from the card. you can just hit the ground>cast tech.

either way i wish i thought of this earlier/someone told me lol. it makes using talis a lot less frustrating.

also did anyone else notice you can move your cursor constantly while throwing talis? it's a great change, but i don't like the sensitivity reduction when you do.

FenixStryk
Jul 1, 2012, 05:19 AM
I've run into this situation quite a few times back, particularly when I need to use Resta on myself in an emergency. I've found that the best solutions are (in order):
1) Switch to your Rod.
2) Kill a card by throwing one down at your feet.
3) Run away while you wait for your card to die (~two seconds).

Being able to kill your card in TPS Mode is an important skill, but it does involve fumbling between modes and spending time in a card-throwing attack animation. It's not always worth breaking lock-on and losing running momentum to do it, especially when Rod-switching doesn't have that flaw and has extra TATK to boot.

I've found that my three go-to Techniques are Rafoie, Gigrants and Gizonde. While a Talis plays very smoothly and can be useful for support Restas, it only benefits Gigrants offensively; I'd rather have the extra 80 TATK my Rod gives me, and switch to Talis when I absolutely can't risk getting close for PP Regeneration or a PB-AoE (Resta, Gigrants, Rabarta, Gifoie).

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 1, 2012, 08:11 AM
man i go full sloth when i play force i just wanna stay in tps mode and never change weapons unless i need different elemental spells and pewpewpew

usually i'm always in tps mode i don't use lock on much at all unless one of those flying queen bee things are doing their "super evasive maneuver flying", so the kill card thing works pretty well for me.

i feel embarrassed that i take on such a different lazy mentality when i play force in comparison to when i play hunter haha

i really like rafoie though. sniping boss weakspots from miles away with tps mode is fun