PDA

View Full Version : Stat Construction with Mag

Zorian
Jul 2, 2012, 09:30 AM
So wondering if anyone has any insight on this. To get the most out of your mag it seems you need to put points into both your attack stat (Striking Hunter/ Shooting Ranger / Tech Force) and the same with defense.

With your base stats alone you will not be able to equip the best armor or weapons without doing this. Does anyone have a good base line as to how much attack and defense should be put into your mag? I'm almost thinking a 60 attack / 40 defense split but I'm not sure.

I don't really want to over do it on the defense since I rather have more attack power if possible. Anyone have some advice?

UnLucky
Jul 2, 2012, 10:16 AM
Depends on what you are

At lv40, FOcasts need need 40 T-Def just to break even with FOnewearls, but if you do that, your T-Atk will be almost 100 points below theirs if they sport a pure T-Atk mag

I would recommend just going pure offensive and just hope it doesn't cap out before you hit max level. just l2dodge

Zorian
Jul 2, 2012, 11:55 AM
I'm not sure that is really the answer to go full attack. When you get hit in this game it hurts pretty hard. At later levels you may just get one-shotted if you dont keep up with defense. On the other side of the coin no one is really hurting for attack damage.

No one is having difficulty killing things within there level range. It seems damage is a lot easier to get as well using souls on armor and weapons + grinding. I think its silly to exclude defense because of these reasons.

UnLucky
Jul 2, 2012, 12:46 PM
Well I went back to Forest at lv20 with armor from Desert, but the Rockbear still did the same damage to me with his grapple. Would have still one-shotted me if I didn't have like 100 more HP than I did the first time through.

Though the regular enemies did 1 point per hit to me, so it's no reason to run around naked

EJ
Jul 2, 2012, 10:23 PM
I think you can do a mix mag but the units help as well to raise your defense.

I wonder if I can make a mix mag for my fomar like in pso since it seems a fomar has more punch in his magic than he did in pso and love the ability to combine my JA with JA spells.

Zorian
Jul 3, 2012, 07:46 AM
I think you can do a mix mag but the units help as well to raise your defense.

I wonder if I can make a mix mag for my fomar like in pso since it seems a fomar has more punch in his magic than he did in pso and love the ability to combine my JA with JA spells.

Well the point of doing mixed is to up your stronger defense such as tech defense for a force that way you can wear the higher force armor since it requires a higher amount of defense to where. Doing this also boost your defense against other types of damage since its stronger armor all around.

If that makes sense. The only other way to get extra defense is going deep into a talent tree to get T-Def Up which I feel is a waste to go for.