PDA

View Full Version : Special Weapon Drop Rates

Cedo
Jul 3, 2012, 07:01 PM
Ok, my question today is about "Spec Weaps drop rates"... I'm currently in Ult with my Redria looking for God/Battle and God/Mind... Now I'm doing FoS quest for the Hildelts and 1/371 for the God/Battle doesn't seem to be precise. I have gotten a RED BOX from Hildelt, and low and behold is was Offline mode's worst enemy..... PHOTON DROP!... but my question today is.... Are the Drop Rates for Special Weapons accurate? Because it doesn't seem likely to me, more like random... please luminate me with thee knowledge.....

Ultimate Hunter
Jul 3, 2012, 10:18 PM
Whether or not drop rates are precise I do not know for sure but they have allegedly been taking from the game's programming code itself according to some gamers. What I can confirm however is that the rates work once per enemy and not on the total enemy count killed. In other words, each time you kill an Hildelt the drop rate will always be 1/371 and not any lower. So, if you happen to run into 1000 Hildelts you could possibly still not get the God/Battle drop! The best way to understand how it works is to imagine a dice with 371 sides and you're looking at a single side of that dice for the rare. It rolls each time an enemy is killed. Photon Drop has a supposedly 1/1000 drop rate for almost everything and it's kinda harder to get that from an Hildelt than God/Battle. You were just unlucky, but keep on hunting down those monkeys and you'll eventually get it. It's not that hard compared to other rares. Believe me!

Cedo
Jul 4, 2012, 02:05 PM
Ok, thanks! I understand your point.. when I was looking for my spread needle, I lvled 50 times until I found my very 1st spread needle. So I understand the point you was tryna make.. and believe me, those monkeys haven't seen the last of me yet... haha.

Also if I may ask... Does the same concept work on multiplayer in offline mode?... if the concepts is different then I have some mega grinding to do...

Ultimate Hunter
Jul 4, 2012, 10:31 PM
Yes, the concept is exactly the same. In the case of multiplayer, the drop rates are set by the first player's ID.

Cedo
Jul 7, 2012, 06:44 PM
Ok thank you!

MetroBandit
Jul 14, 2012, 10:27 PM
Recently I've been hunting for a God/Battle myself in the FoS quest. After searching for two days I got lucky and found 2 of them within minutes of each other. I play on PSO Plus for GC. All I can say is just keep farming and you'll get one eventually.