PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Level 100 mags info

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Saffran
Jul 20, 2012, 06:36 AM
Well sure it hits 30 times for 40 to 43 damage then once for about 150, but that's only if the ennemy stands absolutely still. Most of the times my mag will just pick up an ennemy, hit it 3 or 4 times and miss the rest, teleport somewhere else and repeat. I do more damage then that with one PA.
Aaah well.

Still curious about the mag blast level.

Zipzo
Jul 20, 2012, 10:31 AM
So my end goal is to have an Apus.

Apus (アプス) → Tech > Striking & Ranged & Ability

Antlia evolves into Apus when the Tech stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.
Based on the 'rules' posted in this thread I have a plan mapped out for a 150 T-Att/50 Ability mag at 200. I plan on hitting 95 with ability as the core stat, but I'm curious about something so that I don't mess it up and come here pissed off after the fact.

Since it updates every 5 levels...will it evolve at level 95 if it's not in the correct form (Antlia) at 90? The reason I ask is my plan was going 48 Ability and 47 T-Att at level 95, which would mean that at level 90 it will be 47 T-Att and 43 Ability so it will still be a Lepus because I plan on getting my Tech to 47 first, then my Ability to 48 using discs (Pure ability feed).

Can anyone confirm that this will work without any hang ups? I will kill all of you with my cyber death megid if there is misinformation here.

JeyKama
Jul 20, 2012, 11:06 AM
So my end goal is to have an Apus.

Based on the 'rules' posted in this thread I have a plan mapped out for a 150 T-Att/50 Ability mag at 200. I plan on hitting 95 with ability as the core stat, but I'm curious about something so that I don't mess it up and come here pissed off after the fact.

Since it updates every 5 levels...will it evolve at level 95 if it's not in the correct form (Antlia) at 90? The reason I ask is my plan was going 48 Ability and 47 T-Att at level 95, which would mean that at level 90 it will be 47 T-Att and 43 Ability so it will still be a Lepus because I plan on getting my Tech to 47 first, then my Ability to 48 using discs (Pure ability feed).

Can anyone confirm that this will work without any hang ups? I will kill all of you with my cyber death megid if there is misinformation here.

As long as it is Antoria at 95 you're fine (which is good, because Antoria's added evolve trigger sucks) It won't evolve at 95 though, but as long as it's Antoria at 95, you can go 48 Ability/47 T-ATK -> 48 Ability/52 T-ATK and evolve it just fine.

I did this with an Orion with T-DEF/R-DEF+R-ATK so... I can vouch for it.

NoiseHERO
Jul 20, 2012, 02:36 PM
So I want Orion.

I was thinking 26 range 25 ability > 49 tech?

But by 100 I'd like to add more tech than that. What can I do to make sure I have more Tech? Or am I splitting my stats no matter what...?

JeyKama
Jul 20, 2012, 03:14 PM
Thing with Orion is that its R+A > T, as you know. Even if you want more tech, if you want it to stay an Orion, its R+A stats have to always be greater, so you're looking at an even split between the two sides (erring on the R+A side) either way.

If all you want is PP H though, all you have to do is make sure its 2nd stage evolve is an Orion, then you can add all the tech you want,

Zipzo
Jul 20, 2012, 03:43 PM
As long as it is Antoria at 95 you're fine (which is good, because Antoria's added evolve trigger sucks) It won't evolve at 95 though, but as long as it's Antoria at 95, you can go 48 Ability/47 T-ATK -> 48 Ability/52 T-ATK and evolve it just fine.

I did this with an Orion with T-DEF/R-DEF+R-ATK so... I can vouch for it.This didn't really do it for me, let me rephrase...

I need my mag to be locked in to Antlia at 95 in order to get Apus. In order for it to Antlia, the ability must be higher than the tech.

You're saying that I need my mag to be in antlia form by the time I hit 90? Because let's say it hits 90 with 46 Tech, and 44 Ability which would make it a Lepus. Then from 90-95 I raise the ability to 49 so it's 46 Tech + 49 Ability. You're saying that it will not change in to an Antlia when it hits 95?

Whatever the answers are to my questions, it should really be reflected in this "guide", because this is pretty need to know stuff, it means the difference between screwing up your mag or not.

Spellbinder
Jul 20, 2012, 04:00 PM
You could do what I'm doing, and raise it so it's 70 Ability and 30 T-ATK at level 100.

Zipzo
Jul 20, 2012, 04:10 PM
You could do what I'm doing, and raise it so it's 70 Ability and 30 T-ATK at level 100.
I don't want 70 ability on my mag. I wanted 150 T-Att and 50 Ability.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 04:17 PM
Are you asking the minimum level required to get an ability-based evolution? Didn't he just answer that, saying it needs to be antlia at level 95 and then it's locked in no matter what you do?

edit: I think I understand. The second evolution is at 100. The mag doesn't change its first evolution form at level 100, but it does at 95. All that happens at 95 is the last time it can change first evolution forms. A mag with 48 ability and ANY other levels, even 47 tech or an even split of every single other stat, will be an antlia and then locked in as an ability type second evolution mag.

At least, that's what the guides and players who've tested it are saying.

Zipzo
Jul 20, 2012, 04:33 PM
Are you asking the minimum level required to get an ability-based evolution? Didn't he just answer that, saying it needs to be antlia at level 95 and then it's locked in no matter what you do?

edit: I think I understand. The second evolution is at 100. The mag doesn't change its first evolution form at level 100, but it does at 95. All that happens at 95 is the last time it can change first evolution forms. A mag with 48 ability and ANY other levels, even 47 tech or an even split of every single other stat, will be an antlia and then locked in as an ability type second evolution mag.

At least, that's what the guides and players who've tested it are saying.The person that attempted to answer my question before you stated that the mag will not change at 95.

This would mean it needs to locked in to the ability tree by level 90, does it not?

Why is this question so difficult to understand...I simply want to know if my mag needs to be an Antlia by level 90, or can I switch it over by 95.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 04:38 PM
It's difficult to interpret because aside from that guy making that claim, I've literally never heard anyone say that it works that way. All I've seen time and time again are firsthand confirmations that the mag can change forms at 95 and it will be locked in for its second evolution at level 100.

Either way I have a 40 S-ATK/50 ABI antlia right now, and in the next day or two hope to get a leo. This is the only combination I can think of that would change its form after level 95, but I'm thinking it should stay as antlia (S-ATK=ABI, no primary stat) and then I'll keep raising S-ATK to 55 and it should evolve to Leo.

JeyKama
Jul 20, 2012, 05:12 PM
The person that attempted to answer my question before you stated that the mag will not change at 95.

This would mean it needs to locked in to the ability tree by level 90, does it not?

Why is this question so difficult to understand...I simply want to know if my mag needs to be an Antlia by level 90, or can I switch it over by 95.

Yah it's a little confusing. You need to throw out the whole thing about lv90 because you're just confusing yourself with it.

Your mag needs to be an Antoria when it hits 95. Then it is "locked."

When it hits 100, as long as there is one stat higher than the other (e.g. no abi = tech shenanigans) it will obey the lv95 lock and evolve into the Antoria line of mags.

So it's +48ABI -> +47T-ATK (95 Antoria lock) -> +5 T-ATK (100) = Apus short and simple.

Spellbinder
Jul 20, 2012, 05:53 PM
I don't want 70 ability on my mag. I wanted 150 T-Att and 50 Ability.

I'm sorry, I got that backwards. I meant 70 T-Attack and 30 Ability.

Zipzo
Jul 20, 2012, 06:30 PM
As long as it is Antoria at 95 you're fine (which is good, because Antoria's added evolve trigger sucks) It won't evolve at 95 though, but as long as it's Antoria at 95...JeyKama said this.

He is almost specifically implying that a mag will not change forms at level 95, which would mean I'd need to have Antlia ready to lock in at 95 by level 90... So he is incorrect in this case?

Spellbinder
Jul 20, 2012, 06:38 PM
JeyKama said this.

He is almost specifically implying that a mag will not change forms at level 95, which would mean I'd need to have Antlia ready to lock in at 95 by level 90... So he is incorrect in this case?

I think he's saying it won't evolve into it's 3rd form at 95 (which is true, the 3rd form is 100).

Edit:

For your Apus, have you considered 70 T-ATK and 30 Ability? (I had it backwards earlier).

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 06:43 PM
JeyKama said this.

Aaah, yes. I see. Then yeah, I see the confusion as that was kind of unspecific. He probably did mean it won't evolve to its second evolution (aka third form) at level 95, but it CAN evolve into another first evolution (second form).

Also, what's this about 70 T-ATK and 30 ABI evolving into an ability type mag? You can't do 70 T-ATK and 30 ABI to get an Apus, because at level 95 it would have more T-ATK than ABI and would be a Lepus, and with 70 T-ATK 30 ABI that would make it a Monoceros. Right? Your mag changes forms horizontally as you raise its stats differently.

Spellbinder
Jul 20, 2012, 06:46 PM
Aaah, yes. I see. Then yeah, I see the confusion as that was kind of unspecific. He probably did mean it won't evolve to its second evolution (aka third form) at level 95, but it CAN evolve into another first evolution (second form).

Also, what's this about 70 T-ATK and 30 ABI evolving into an ability type mag? You can't do 70 T-ATK and 30 ABI to get an Apus, because at level 95 it would have more T-ATK than ABI and would be a Lepus, and with 70 T-ATK 30 ABI that would make it a Monoceros. Right? Your mag changes forms horizontally as you raise its stats differently.

It can be done, I'm doing it now.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 06:47 PM
How are you keeping it as an ability mag with higher T-ATK than ability?

Spellbinder
Jul 20, 2012, 06:51 PM
First evolve it into Lepus at 30. (Tech Mag)

T-ATK 16, Ability 14

Next evolve it into Antlia at 35. (Ability Mag)

T-ATK 17, Ability 18

Next (the hard part) every 5 levels, raise T-ATK and Ability at the same time, making it skip evolutions until level 96.

T-ATK 66, Ability 30

Proceed to raise T-ATK until 100

T-ATK 70, Ability 30

And what I mean by raising both every 5 levels is, for example, let's say the mag is at level 39.

T-ATK 21, Ability 18

If I raise T-ATK and Ability a level at the same time, it will skip to 41 and not evolve. Repeat this every 5 levels until you're locked in past 95.

Zipzo
Jul 20, 2012, 06:54 PM

Also, what's this about 70 T-ATK and 30 ABI evolving into an ability type mag? You can't do 70 T-ATK and 30 ABI to get an Apus, because at level 95 it would have more T-ATK than ABI and would be a Lepus, and with 70 T-ATK 30 ABI that would make it a Monoceros. Right? Your mag changes forms horizontally as you raise its stats differently.Okay, I can see how that's what he might have meant.

And yea, I have the same confusion with the 70/30 recommendation.

That seems like an awfully complicated method, considering I have not seen an item that raises both by the exact same amount...

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 06:58 PM
First evolve it into Lepus at 30. (Tech Mag)

T-ATK 16, Ability 14

Next evolve it into Antlia at 35. (Ability Mag)

T-ATK 17, Ability 18

Next (the hard part) every 5 levels, raise T-ATK and Ability at the same time, making it skip evolutions until level 96.

T-ATK 66, Ability 30

Proceed to raise T-ATK until 100

T-ATK 70, Ability 30

And what I mean by raising both every 5 levels is, for example, let's say the mag is at level 39.

T-ATK 21, Ability 18

If I raise T-ATK and Ability a level at the same time, it will skip to 41 and not evolve. Repeat this every 5 levels until you're locked in past 95.

Ha ha ha! I have my next mag's project. Thanks for this, awesome.

Spellbinder
Jul 20, 2012, 07:00 PM
Okay, I can see how that's what he might have meant.

And yea, I have the same confusion with the 70/30 recommendation.

That seems like an awfully complicated method, considering I have not seen an item that raises both by the exact same amount...

You can't raise them by the exact same amount together. It's just a matter of juggling force weapons, disks, and trimates (at least those are the items I'm using).

I planned it out with a mag calculator, so I'm just following my list of items until it reaches 100.

NekoXiu
Jul 20, 2012, 07:10 PM
Oh wow, that just opened like a whole new view of feeding mags to me... but seems a bit too advanced for me to plan.

Right now, I need help on feeding my Fornax into a Cygnus. I have 37 s-atk, 40 r-atk, and 12 ability. I needa raise my s-atk without raising my r-atk past 2 levels and can't raise my ability. What to feed? Isnt there a method where feeding hunter weapons + a certain mate cancel each other out so that it only gains s-atk and nothing else?

edit: found my answer is Banjo's guide.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 07:30 PM
You can't raise them by the exact same amount together. It's just a matter of juggling force weapons, disks, and trimates (at least those are the items I'm using).

I planned it out with a mag calculator, so I'm just following my list of items until it reaches 100.

Does it have to have 30 ABI, or could that go lower? Also, can you post a link to that calculator? It seems I didn't bookmark it when I last saw it.

NekoXiu
Jul 20, 2012, 10:17 PM
I just bought some 4 star room items from the room shop to help me keep ability down and striking up. But now I need to clarify the question thats been roaming the past few pages.

CAN A MAG CHANGE AT LV95?

Right now, my Fornax is lvl 93 and I need it to change back to a Lyra at 95, will it happen? Or will it be locked as Fornax the moment it hits 95 even if my striking is higher than shooting?

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 10:23 PM
Cygnus, huh?

I'd scrap mates in your strategy. Monomates and dimates are not the best or fastest way for you to do this. Let me give you a simpler plan. First off, use your eyes and watch your meters and adjust what I say as necessary. That said, three items for you:

Striking weapons and ranged weapons that you find will be your primary means of raising satk and ratk. As you've outlined before, you need a way to lower ability. Instead of mates, I think you should buy 5* furniture items. These are 400 meseta a pop. They will raise your ratk by a decent amount and lower ability by a large amount. Basically, use striking weaps to raise satk as necessary. Then use whatever mix of ranged weaps and 5* room items you need to keep ratk up and ability down.

If I knew what * of weapon you were primarily consuming, I'd give you a good proportion. I don't know, so I'll give you a very rough and probably inaccurate estimate. You'll probably end up with a diet of something like 40% striking weaps, 30% ranged weapons, and 30% 5* room items.

29 is the lowest possible ability. You need to start with Antlia, so you'd evolve into that at the lowest possible level, which is 30. So your starting point is 16 ability, 14 tech. However, remember that you're using the two stat raise trick to skip evolution, and you have to double level at 34, 39, 44, 49, 54, 59, 64, 69, 74, 79, 84, 89, and 94. That's 13 levels, and at each of those levels, you need to gain 1 ability and 1 tech (assuming those are your two most valuable stats). 16 + 13 is 29. So you'd end up with 29 points into ability and all the rest would be tech. For a sufficiently high-level players, this actually wouldn't be overwhelmingly difficult. High * force weapons give a lot of t-atk and a fair amount of ability.

My current intention is to do this with S-ATK and ABI instead of T-ATK. My thoughts are (S-ATK/ABI)
30: 16/14 -> turn into lyra to get HP J
33: 17/18 -> turn into antlia
Tack on the minimum of 13 ABI and this would indeed result in 69/31.

Anyone got that mag calculator so I can hammer out the exact plan before I begin?

edit: Nevermind, a search found it. http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2magu
edit2: also this http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish
edit3: Waaaait, this must be a different one. I don't see anything about level progress on this one.

gigawuts
Jul 20, 2012, 10:50 PM
Oh good, yeah that'd be right. Excellent.

If nobody has a calculator that works out items fed I can just get working on some barely functional piece of crap in a spreadsheet. It seems at some point I fed my mag a weapon, so welp.

Also Banjo, I'm pretty sure your thread has an error with feeding amounts. At level zero it most definitely does not need 30 food points to level up, estimating by this it needs only 6 food points. If there isn't a calculator I'll try to measure it out for you.

edit: Man I can't get a straight thought on this written down tonight, too much conflicting information going on everywhere.

Spellbinder
Jul 20, 2012, 11:46 PM
Here's the calculator with items.

http://merriesp.web.fc2.com/magud.html

JeyKama
Jul 21, 2012, 12:19 AM
That mag calculator is cool as heck.

It's too bad that 70/30 thing looks like a nightmare with anything but Ability.

relentless
Jul 21, 2012, 02:28 PM
I got a question. I want an Apus for which I require an Antlia. But since Antlia has Julius Proi, does that mean that once it becomes an Apus the PB will change to a Julius Nifta? My original intention to have Apus was for Julius Nifta but I am a bit confused.

Also, can someone explain to me how exactly you get an Apus? I read the whole thing but I don't understand the Apus route in particular, sorry.

From my understanding, it needs to reach level 95 as an Antlia. Which means that Ability must be higher than T-atk? Say, 48 Ability and 47 T-atk? And then the last 5 levels I will make T-atk higher than its Ability and it evolves into Apus with Julius Nifta at level 100?

Spellbinder
Jul 21, 2012, 02:44 PM
Yes, when it evolves into Apus the photon blast will change to Julius Nifta.

There's more than one way to get an Apus, and if you scroll up I briefly explained how to make one with higher T-ATK than Ability.

relentless
Jul 21, 2012, 03:00 PM
Ah okay, thanks for the quick reply and answer. Got it now. :)

Gama
Jul 21, 2012, 06:03 PM
i have an apus with tech 65 ability 61 aiming for 75 75 or 80 70

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 21, 2012, 07:01 PM
Just to follow up.
I currently have 55 Fornax.
I believe the stats are:
Range: 40
Ability: 15

I was going for Cepheus until found out it's damage is Striking based so I'm switching to Corvus but need Antilia first.

If I get
47 Range first
Then raise Ability to 48.
It should change to Antilia right seeing thats 95? Ability would only be 1 level higher then range but would that be enough?

Then from there raise range to 100 would give me Corvus?

HFlowen
Jul 22, 2012, 09:29 PM
So I finally got a Caelum and... it's bad. Like it's really bad. Megid is okay I guess, it does almost no damage but occasionally poisons things. the PB though, wow, this thing sucks. The Jellyfish shoots out a bunch of those homing lazers you can do with the rifle PA, but it misses by a damn mile almost all the time. They lazers keep flipping around hitting walls and shooting right past enemies. They don't even hit very hard, 100 damage per lazer.

I feel bad too because I love the look Caelum has, but I might be switching him over to that little drill mag at this rate.

Dark Emerald EXE
Jul 22, 2012, 10:16 PM
So I finally got a Caelum and... it's bad. Like it's really bad. Megid is okay I guess, it does almost no damage but occasionally poisons things. the PB though, wow, this thing sucks. The Jellyfish shoots out a bunch of those homing lazers you can do with the rifle PA, but it misses by a damn mile almost all the time. They lazers keep flipping around hitting walls and shooting right past enemies. They don't even hit very hard, 100 damage per lazer.

I feel bad too because I love the look Caelum has, but I might be switching him over to that little drill mag at this rate.

I was going to do Cepheus originally until I suppose it's been confirmed that mostly all MAGs PB are based on Striking.

If someone could check that out on the JP forums again to follow up if they found anything else new about that would be very much appreciated....

So I'm going for Corvus now which according to previous post is the only one based on range....

GreenArcher
Jul 23, 2012, 08:49 PM

You should stick to Caelum. IMO Tucana is the most hideous looking mag, it's obnoxiously big and...ugh I just hate it. It's auto attack is garbage, almost no damage + knockdown (enemy will get back up just about instantly) once every ~10+ seconds. The photon blast is good though.

HFlowen
Jul 24, 2012, 03:08 PM
You should stick to Caelum. IMO Tucana is the most hideous looking mag, it's obnoxiously big and...ugh I just hate it. It's auto attack is garbage, almost no damage + knockdown (enemy will get back up just about instantly) once every ~10+ seconds. The photon blast is good though.

I just watched Caelum's PB shoot right past a caterdran in front of it and lock on to some BOXES twenty feet in the distance. I wish I was making that up.

Haven't decided what to do yet.

holmwood
Jul 24, 2012, 03:49 PM
I just watched Caelum's PB shoot right past a caterdran in front of it and lock on to some BOXES twenty feet in the distance. I wish I was making that up.

Just change it to Cepheus :O

gigawuts
Jul 24, 2012, 04:00 PM
So, yeah, delphinus' lift grab is infuriating. I'm getting right to work on that 70/30 HP J Leo :\

Oh, was that your last 30 pp? Let me just move the enemy out of the way of your PA then.

redroses
Jul 24, 2012, 04:57 PM

I was earlier in a group doing runs, and saw the same thing happend, the dragon wasn't even moving. The PB shots went right over the dragon and flew behind him.

I really wonder what they did with the programming of those bullets. I was aiming for Caelum aswell, but with that PB it's really no use :/

IndigoNovember
Jul 24, 2012, 06:21 PM
So, yeah, delphinus' lift grab is infuriating. I'm getting right to work on that 70/30 HP J Leo :\

Oh, was that your last 30 pp? Let me just move the enemy out of the way of your PA then.

Definitely seems like that. If you took Ohza along you could have gotten a taste of it beforehand seeing as his Lyra does it too.

snowiewind
Jul 24, 2012, 08:31 PM
Can anyone help me with Getting Karina? With all the previous post and the JP PSO2 Wiki im all Confused now. on JP wiki it says 技量*skill*+打撃系*melee attk/def*>法撃系*Ability attk/def* and here its Range + Skill > Ability.. so which is it :/
this is also a karina i found online searching..
http://i.imgur.com/Q9pZY.jpgdef

Jasylee
Jul 25, 2012, 05:22 AM
Can anyone help me with Getting Karina? With all the previous post and the JP PSO2 Wiki im all Confused now. on JP wiki it says 技量*skill*+打撃系*melee attk/def*>法撃系*Ability attk/def* and here its Range + Skill > Ability.. so which is it :/
this is also a karina i found online searching..

To get Carina:
Striking + Ability >Tech
AND
Striking > Ranged
:-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have a Lvl 58 Lepus
55 T-atk
3 Ability

I pretty much realized that there is no way for me to make it into an Antilla, then to an Apus (I wanted that T-atk PB :().

Anyway, Should I get a Monoceros (go pure T-atk) or get a Carina instead?
I wanted to try having a damage PB for a change.

I have a few questions:
1.) Considering Carina's PB is based on S-atk, is the damage really horrendous as a force?
I was wondering if the Cetus Imera is more damaging Vs just spamming spells while in Cetus Proi Buff.

2.) I noticed that Carina PB had several foie casted after the actual laser PB, has anyone noticed if the foie damage is based on T-atk or still S-atk?

3.) Do you think having pure T-atk mag stats will have more benefit (in terms of damage) compared to a Hybrid T-atk / Ability mag?

Any forces out there with a Carina Mag? :-)

snowiewind
Jul 25, 2012, 07:57 PM
dont suggest you get Carina if your force, since Carina's PB is a strike attack

Ueno54
Jul 26, 2012, 05:51 PM
I got my ultra kitty laser Carina mag. Will it change back to the PP filler if I start pumping tech again?

Omega-z
Jul 26, 2012, 06:32 PM
HFlowen I think your Caelum is broken, Caelum auto attack for me does pretty good dmg as good as my melee and the poison rate is pretty good too. The PB lol, the only time I missed anything is when I pointed it outside it's range which was my fault and not the PB. I can get 10K out of it when all the attack's hit. And not all MAG's go off the S-atk. oh make sure that there are no other target's in the area since it will hit everything. Also locking on to your target also helps and time your PB's to get maximum damage out of it. Like GreenArcher said Tucana isn't very good it's auto suck's, but it's PB is not bad if the laser's hit the right spot since they are random And can completely Miss a boss too. When it comes to PB's it not the blast's but the user even tho the blasts can be hard at time's to use. I would suggest a PB that has better never miss ratio like Cetus Nifta for it's aoe or Julius Nifta for it's single target strike.

HFlowen
Jul 26, 2012, 06:51 PM
I went to Tucana. I've yet to see the PB it uses miss. It always hits something as long as there is something to hit. If there's one enemy, all the shots rain on it. Love this thing waaaay more than Caelum.

Side note: My fourth and last mag (for a while) is scooting along and I'm not sure what level 100 form I want yet. It's purely a defense mag, so I can go anywhere with it. Have a Leo, Apus, and Tucana right now.

Omega-z
Jul 26, 2012, 07:02 PM
The rain on it is Random, I've missed the dragon and the Gwanda ( Ant Lion when knocking it over ). It tend's to do a pattern system of a ring, a clump or something in between. This could be how the user uses the PB where one is better with one then to another (I guess, I sucked with it then lol). I'm glad you like Tucana and it's Blast that's the most important thing. :)

HFlowen
Jul 26, 2012, 07:19 PM
The rain on it is Random, I've missed the dragon and the Gwanda ( Ant Lion when knocking it over ). It tend's to do a pattern system of a ring, a clump or something in between. This could be how the user uses the PB where one is better with one then to another (I guess, I sucked with it then lol). I'm glad you like Tucana and it's Blast that's the most important thing. :)

Just used it on a solo rockbear two minutes ago. BAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAMBAM, all seven shots hit it.

It targets random enemies, in your case probably junk mobs or guwana tentacles. With one target, all the shots land on it. I still love the idea of non wasted PBs though.

Or maybe something goes differently with big bosses? I'll try vol later.

Hosaka
Jul 26, 2012, 09:15 PM
So I more or less just skimmed through the thread, but just to confirm, Carina's PB runs off of your SATK, yes? Any Hunters here that can attest to its performance? BIG NUMBARZ?

HFlowen
Jul 26, 2012, 10:00 PM
So I more or less just skimmed through the thread, but just to confirm, Carina's PB runs off of your SATK, yes? Any Hunters here that can attest to its performance? BIG NUMBARZ?

The JP wiki has almost all the PBs listed as going off of striking attack with the exception of the ability evolution line.

Seems silly to me, but I have nothing else to go on.

http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%95%E3%82%A9%E3%83%88%E3%83%B3%E3% 83%96%E3%83%A9%E3%82%B9%E3%83%88%2F%E5%B9%BB%E7%8D %A3

redroses
Jul 27, 2012, 08:04 AM
I also have Tucana now, and I am totally in awe of it's PB.
The damnage it does is crazy! Before turning into Tucana, the three bullet shooting PB did around 200-300 damage. After it evolved into Tucana it does around 1000 damage now. It also hits monsters perfectly. Getting me Tucana was a very good decision.

HFlowen
Jul 27, 2012, 11:24 AM
I think I finally saw Tucana's PB derp just now. was fighting a ragne and it seemed like the shots went everywhere but I was in a multiparty and wasn't watching horribly close.

I'll get around to doing solo vol dragon later to see if big bosses just don't taget for some reason.

EDIT: ran into a code duel vol dragon just now with no other mobs, used Tucana's PB and they all locked onto him and hit. The shots seem to land in the center of a mob so you probably can't lock onto a specific weak point. You can weak bullet the center mass of a rockbear and get boosted damage though.

gigawuts
Jul 27, 2012, 04:44 PM
Oooh, I was planning on getting a Tucana for both the nostalgia of the heaven's punishment PB, as well as the mixed R-ATK/S-ATK for gunslash fun.

Glad to know it's worthwhile.

Vislux
Jul 28, 2012, 11:32 AM
Hey I have a Carina too and im pretty satisfied with this mag. The PB of this mag is awesome but I want to know what are the average damage that you can do with it. Right now im doing 190~200 per hit (and the laser hits several parts of an enemie)...

Although I have a question: Is this PB based on striking? That wouldn't make any sense because, personally, My mag was from lepus (tech mag) so that would be so stupid....

My mag stats (LV106)

Saffran
Jul 28, 2012, 01:44 PM
I've been looking around the wikis but I can't find what I'm looking for.
I have a lv 60ish mag right now, with 4 action slots. I used a Resurrect A in the faint hope to be revived once in a while. This leaves my 4th slot empty.

Now, I will be getting a Crux. which gets Resurrect A anyway.
My question is, if I use the 4th slot to get something like, Invincibility A, will it be changed back to Resurrect A when my mag turns 100?

Piddle
Jul 28, 2012, 02:36 PM
Mags get one extra slot and one new trigger action per evolution. I want to assume the new trigger action goes into the extra slot if all the others are filled. I remember reading about it some where on this forum, but I can't remember if it goes with what I'm saying. So I'm sure someone here actually does know.

IndigoNovember
Jul 28, 2012, 02:51 PM
I've been looking around the wikis but I can't find what I'm looking for.
I have a lv 60ish mag right now, with 4 action slots. I used a Resurrect A in the faint hope to be revived once in a while. This leaves my 4th slot empty.

Now, I will be getting a Crux. which gets Resurrect A anyway.
My question is, if I use the 4th slot to get something like, Invincibility A, will it be changed back to Resurrect A when my mag turns 100?

Every time a mag evolves it gets its new trigger action in a new slot it was given. Nothing gets replaced. In your case you'll simply get Resurrect A in your 5th slot.

Saffran
Jul 29, 2012, 04:48 AM
I see. Well, thanks. I know what to do now.

carlosrt9
Jul 29, 2012, 07:01 AM
Hello, I would like a tucana :D!! but am slightly confused... Could someone please tell me what i should have my stats as to make sure it evolves asap and what to raise?
My current mag stats are as follows:
R.Atk lvl35
Ability: lvl10
Strike: lvl1

4c1d73s7
Jul 30, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hello all here!

I noob))) and i have one question.

I plan get Tucana (ツカナ) from my MAG

now i have this

http://img28.imageshack.us/img28/9324/11111111111s.jpg

Say me please, I do all wrong? I try read this thread, but my English not good and also i don't know Japanese((((

Help me please.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 05:47 PM
Raise striking. At 105 it should become a Tucana.

4c1d73s7
Jul 30, 2012, 06:23 PM
gigawuts thank you very much, for fast answer!

I right understand i can now give my MAG only items on SATK or SDEF and nothing more?

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:27 PM
Happy to help. Yes, just raise Striking (SATK or SDEF). It will first evolve into a Cepheus because Ranged is its highest stat. After that if you keep raising Striking, Striking & Ability combined will be higher so it will change into a Tucana.

As long as Striking + Ability is MORE THAN Ranged it will stay a Tucana, so if you want to raise Ranged keep it below 74!

RocSage
Jul 30, 2012, 06:32 PM
If you get to 150 and the balance changed the mag will evolve. Something that people might want to be aware of.

4c1d73s7
Jul 30, 2012, 06:35 PM
Ok, thanx again!

One more question for correctly understanding, I need keep R-Stat below 74?

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:39 PM
Yes. The maximum level is 150, and Ranged needs to be less than 50% to get a Tucana. So if you want to raise it higher on a Tucana, just don't go above that.

If you don't want more ranged, then you're set! Just keep raising Striking and your mag will be a Tucana.

4c1d73s7
Jul 30, 2012, 06:42 PM
Total understanding for this, thank you for your patience :-)

I understand how upgrade weapon/armor and other self)) but this was real pain for me :-?

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:47 PM
It's okay, that's what this thread is for :)

carlosrt9
Jul 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
yay anwsered mine too :D thanks gigwuts

Raxrenol
Jul 30, 2012, 10:43 PM
What are some general opinions from max level Forces between Pure Tatk or Tatk/Ability mags? I know Rangers have been leaning towards Pure Ratk mags to push out as much damage as possible but I haven't seen much agreement on what Forces should go for.

I've been using an Apus with 100 Tatk/50 Ability and am leveling a Pure Tech Monoceros with 104 Tatk at present. I'm considering sinking 20 points into Ability to wear the サブ/アドスタミナε units for the 21 more defense in all areas (at +10) and 10 more HP compared to the δ variant. Would be great to hear some thoughts on the decision.

Spellbinder
Jul 31, 2012, 04:42 AM
I'm actually wondering about opinions on Forces and ability myself. I'm raising an Apus (assuming I can find time to log in >.>) and when it reaches 100 it will have 70 T-ATK and 30 Ability. From there I can go 120/30 or something else, perhaps 100/50. Decisions decisions.

sircusa
Jul 31, 2012, 05:05 AM
I'm actually wondering about opinions on Forces and ability myself. I'm raising an Apus (assuming I can find time to log in >.>) and when it reaches 100 it will have 70 T-ATK and 30 Ability. From there I can go 120/30 or something else, perhaps 100/50. Decisions decisions.

You haven't really done the stat allocation correctly. You need a minimum of 48 abililty, 47 tatk at level 95 to get an Apus if your only stats are ability and tatk. Then at 100 your tatk has to be higher than your ability at 48 ability, 52 tatk. Going 70 tatk and 30 ability at 100 will probably end up as a Monoceros.

As for ability for force uses, I'm inclined to thinking it's not all that important but 20 or 30 points would help in equiping the 50 hp sub units/armour pieces.

EDIT: Also a suggestion, if you don't mind sacrificing about 19 tatk and 15 ability, you could go for 33 ability, 31 ratk and 31 tatk at lvl 95 then 33 ability, 34 ratk and 33 tatk at lvl 100 to get Corvus which has the PP regen when the PB gauge is filled. then at lvl 105 when you get 38 tatk, then it will become an Apus. Just something I thought up =V

Spellbinder
Jul 31, 2012, 06:03 AM
You haven't really done the stat allocation correctly. You need a minimum of 48 abililty, 47 tatk at level 95 to get an Apus if your only stats are ability and tatk. Then at 100 your tatk has to be higher than your ability at 48 ability, 52 tatk. Going 70 tatk and 30 ability at 100 will probably end up as a Monoceros.

As for ability for force uses, I'm inclined to thinking it's not all that important but 20 or 30 points would help in equiping the 50 hp sub units/armour pieces.

EDIT: Also a suggestion, if you don't mind sacrificing about 19 tatk and 15 ability, you could go for 33 ability, 31 ratk and 31 tatk at lvl 95 then 33 ability, 34 ratk and 33 tatk at lvl 100 to get Corvus which has the PP regen when the PB gauge is filled. then at lvl 105 when you get 38 tatk, then it will become an Apus. Just something I thought up =V

I'm quite familiar with how to raise mags from reading through the Japanese forums and wikis. I did the stat allocations correctly, following the mag feeding list I've created to the T. It's currently an Antlia sitting at level 78 with 52 T-Atk and 26 Ability. If you look back through this thread you'll understand how I'm doing it.

sircusa
Jul 31, 2012, 07:49 AM
I'm quite familiar with how to raise mags from reading through the Japanese forums and wikis. I did the stat allocations correctly, following the mag feeding list I've created to the T. It's currently an Antlia sitting at level 78 with 52 T-Atk and 26 Ability. If you look back through this thread you'll understand how I'm doing it.

Oh wow, sorry for sounding so foolish =X Didn't think there were more tricks to mags but there you go.

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 06:23 PM
As of last night my 70/30 Leo project (just mentioned above) has hit 95, still as an Antlia. Now all that's left is to feed it weapons and keep ability down with furniture, the mag is locked in and it's just like raising any other mag!

Whoever first posted about that idea to skip evolution levels, you have my thanks.

Next up I'm doing a 67/11/22 Tucana (S-ATK/R-ATK/ABI). I think those are the levels I've decided on. Take it to 10/11/9 for Buff J, then S-ATK/ABI the rest of the way to 95. I may do straight up 14/15/1 instead, to keep s-atk as high as it can get. Unfortunately Tucana comes with Buff B, which is area change, which is kind of useless, but I can overwrite that with a Buff G device by the looks of it. All this plus heaven's punishment! Pilla will be mine once again. In fact, I may do R-Def instead of R-ATK, since hunter seems to be in such need of it.

After that I may well do the same plan for a Tech base mag to get a Carina, get dat laser fish and PP abilities.

I've always been heavily into mag raising, so this skip-evolution-levels thing is fantastic for me.

JeyKama
Jul 31, 2012, 06:33 PM
Yes, thanks indeed for the info on skipping evolutions.

Currently working on my Cygnus at 65 S-ATK/50ABL/1R-DEF, though it will suck skipping levels from 111 to 150!

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 08:35 PM
A recent thread seems to suggest that ability is extremely useful up to a point (presumably where you match the enemy's ability), after which it does continue to bonus your damage - but the class-specific damage stat is better for not only damage dealt, but equipping stronger weapons.

This sounds very sensible.

edit: Found it http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=199093

So when it comes to something as permanent as mags, I'd rather leave ability to affixes since I can swap those out with meseta instead of real life cash. ATK will almost certainly be the best stat after you match an enemy's ability. But, keep in mind this is still not certain, so don't make any permanent moves you might regret if this isn't true on account of me.

JeyKama
Jul 31, 2012, 09:31 PM
To get to 96% with the 3* though, I needed both Ability Up+10s from the RA skill trees and at least one Ability Soul. I didn't get to test out how much I needed with my rare launchers though, but I'm assuming something as meager as 30 Ability on a mag isn't going to get a character that isn't focused solely on ABL to the hard cap.

From looking at the data, both R-ATK and ABL translated into basically equal increases to damage (if I'd shot 1000 times instead of just 50 or so, I'd have gotten a better estimate of the minimum damage, which could skew the rate for ABL towards the R-ATK slope) and I don't see it being much different for PAs.

Anyway, your normal stat build style isn't likely to hit 400+ ABL using updated gear, so unless you went crazy with putting ABL on everything and speccing into Ability Ups like I did at one point, I think having a some on your mag is ok :P

Also, wild damage swings are not fun, so having ABL makes damage more fun. (<- personal opinion)

gigawuts
Jul 31, 2012, 10:16 PM
It seems that unlike PSO1 (I'm not sure about PSU), technics are now calculated basically exactly the same as regular attacks.

In effect, Ability has become the new ATA/EVP, except instead of missing 35% of the time you just deal 35% less average damage for a total of the same amount. Because zero damage misses for 10 attacks in a row were really, really lame. Now that RNG streak rage exists in the form of grinding and affixing!

Dextro
Aug 1, 2012, 05:29 PM
Still a ton of questions, though. Chief among them: how does ability affect technics?

Ability/Dexterity affects Techs in the same way as regular attacks now it seems.

I'd argue that its impact is much more notable on techs and other slow yet powerful attacks; i'm sure we've all seen the huge fluctuations in damage of certain moves like Rafoie and Sneak Shot.

That isn't to say that Ability isn't important for anything else. But it's important to consider that the quicker, less-costly attacks have more room for error if your Ability stat seems to be suffering.

For example:
-A Hunter affected by the ability penalty might see his swing decrease from the regular 400dmg/hit to 280-350dmg/hit.
-A Force in the same scenario would see a regular 900dmg Rafoie hit for 500-600.
(Just loose hypothetical numbers, don't take them too seriously)

The major difference is, if the FO was expecting his regular tech damage to have dispatched a mob, then he would have to spend excessive pp to make up for the difference and finish the job.

Personally, while a 50/50 split is a safe option, we don't yet know specifics such as enemy ability correlation to tell at what point we're sending our ability stat into overkill.
And when you are at that point, extra attack is much more helpful per individual stat point.

If you're currently lv.40 and have a 50/50 mag, then try removing it. You'll much sooner notice the drop in your potential maximum damage than a drop in your 'average'.

Vashyron
Aug 1, 2012, 08:30 PM
Hows this for a Hyrbid Apus with both PP recharge triggers, but with only 10 Ability raised? (http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish?c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;b1;b1;b 1;b1;b1;b1;b1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;d1;d1;d1;d1;d1; d1;d1;d1;d1;d1;a1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1 ;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a 1;b1;b1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1; b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1 ;b1;b1;b1;b1;b1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c 1;c1;c1;c1;b1;b1;b1;b1;b1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1; a1;a1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1 ;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;)

Downside is look how easy it is to mess that up haha. D:

(Possible someone else has done something like this, haven't checked all 60 pages :wacko:)

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 12:19 AM
So, in light of the fact that mags are on a per-character basis, and I'm not about to shell out for 3 mags for each character, I'm thinking that if I create a new char I'll build a 17 Striking/17 Tech/116 Dexterity (This is indeed a better term than Ability, which has a lot of meanings in PSO2) Carina.

Why Carina? The PB is pretty great, and PP J is awesome. Why so much dex? Well when you're only doing one mag for a char you'll be playing as multiple classes with...bleh. Screw you sega. Mags being character-bound is grade A awful.

JeyKama
Aug 2, 2012, 04:07 AM
(but it looks dumb)

The only problem you might have is if you pick up RA and want to use higher power weapons - the R-ATK Up skills are not really accessible in the skill tree unless you go for a novelty build.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 04:13 AM
Yeah, I won't be doing a RAnewearl. If I do RA it'll be on my cast, and I'll probably build a mag just for it.

I know just 17 satk and 17 tatk limits weapon equips. I guess getting one alternate mag would be alright.

I mainly want a newearl for the glorious sword swinging and tech casting of proper HUnewearl gameplay, but also for the superior tatk over my cast when I go all out FO. Meh. The whole thing leaves a sour taste in my mouth.

(and yeah carina looks dumb, I'm wondering if the swirling lightning PB is better but orion doesn't look much better ha ha)

edit: Further thinking, with 3 mags - and a lot more knowledge about mags in general - I may actually just get a mag reset ticket. With 500 AC sitting in my account for the last week, and two mags I'm not really satisfied with (badly planned Leo, and a delphinus with its oh-god-stop-doing-that lift grab) it means I get 2 mags for 500 AC, instead of 600. Supposedly the equipped mag is not reset.

I could then do a 112/10/9/19 Tucana (9 TATK for PP J, which sounds better and better the more I think about it for any build of any class) and the aforementioned Carina. I may turn the Carina into an Orion though, that lightning circle PB might be awesome and it would make for a good RA mag.

JeyKama
Aug 2, 2012, 03:04 PM
Lemme tell you from experience - levelling an off-job without an atk mag is not a big deal. If you want to get some cool stuff equipped at level cap, then sure you might want to invest in a new mag. Otherwise... I levelled my FO and HU from 1-40 using a 55-abi/95r-atk Cepheus without a sweat :P

Not that big a deal.

gigawuts
Aug 2, 2012, 04:05 PM
Oh yeah, I'm not so worried about leveling so much as actually being good in that profession.

Which has me back to thinking about dex/ability on units. Rappy souls and signo souls are cheap. Way, way cheaper than atk souls. If you look hard enough you can probably find them already pre-affixed to good armor, just by nature of RNG. That's one way to make up for a pure or almost pure ATK mag.

It's also worth noting ATK souls don't raise base stats for weapon or disk requirements. The only thing that comes to mind for dex/ability requirements are sub units and a couple subpar weapons.

edit: To clarify, I'm not saying dex/ability is bad on mags. I'm sure it's quite good. I'm just trying to use a possibly unintended technique (Although evolving every five levels instead of each level? I bet it IS intended) to get a stat higher than originally intended. Who knows what future patches will bring - units are changeable for meseta, but mags are only changeable for real life money.

Dextro
Aug 2, 2012, 05:09 PM
So in the absence of the ability to predict a precise, futureproof best split, I think 50/50 is just something easy to default to. Not perfect in any one situation, but good enough in all of them and easy to plan.

Yeah, it's exactly that.

But as you mentioned, the 50/50 mag alone won't bring you anywhere near the cap. So for people taking this route, it might be wise to take a 50/50 approach with your units also, in order to make the most out of your 'well-rounded build'.
Once you feel you've reached a 'cap' or sufficient level of ability, you can then just sub out some +ability units for +atk ones.

This is what i'd personally do at least, because if you're investing in ability with your mag then you should at least make the most of it. The <75 ability you gain from your mag alone isn't enough to make a difference in most cases, so it should probably be supplemented with units if possible (within reason though, i'd still take an atk+50/60 unit over an ability+15/30 one)

Haseokun
Aug 4, 2012, 09:36 AM
I've actually had to remake characters a few times due to messing up my MAG levels, usually because of Dexterity/Ability. One of my characters has a 2 Striking 18 Dex/Ability Mag and the other has a 5 Ranged/1 Dexterity Mag. I know that it's quite beneficial to have a Mag that stays set to one type, and after reading this I feel inclined to remake my lv12 Hunter. Is there any way to copy and paste my Autowords from the game into a notepad or wordpad file so I can import them back into my remade character? Or will I have to write them down manually and retype them all in, emotes and all?

Kylie
Aug 4, 2012, 11:27 AM
This is my plan to get Cygnus:

Right now, Lyrra is at 40 with 20 strk, 11 ra, and 9 ab

At 95, she'll be 40 stk, 37 ra, and 18 ab
(always keeping the stk at least a point ahead)

At 100, she'll be 40 stk, 42 ra, and 18 ab

Then, at 150, I want either 55 strk, 45 ra, and 50 ab or 50, 50, 50.

Will that do it for me? Should I be keeping anything else in mind?

JeyKama
Aug 5, 2012, 11:02 AM
Small question ... has anyone tried to do the level skipping to keep a mag's form at 150?

Like say, I have a Cygnus at 78 S-ATK 70ABL 1 R-DEF at lv149 right now. Has anyone tried double-levelling to "hit" 151, or will it automatically evolve when it caps at 150 and turn into a punchbot?

Vislux
Aug 5, 2012, 11:37 AM
Maybe this is already known but here it is:

I made a tech mag and at lvl 100 it evolved to Carina.

Well I thought that past lv100 the mag is locked and you cant have another type of mag. But, what happened is that at lv115 the mag evolved to Monoceros (because i want tech power lv100 so i lvled up this stat, and therefore the tech stat was the dominant.)

Anyone can explain to me why this happened? (I thought this was like the older PSO versions).

Kondibon
Aug 5, 2012, 01:21 PM
Maybe this is already known but here it is:

I made a tech mag and at lvl 100 it evolved to Carina.

Well I thought that past lv100 the mag is locked and you cant have another type of mag. But, what happened is that at lv115 the mag evolved to Monoceros (because i want tech power lv100 so i lvled up this stat, and therefore the tech stat was the dominant.)

Anyone can explain to me why this happened? (I thought this was like the older PSO versions).

The mag TYPE is locked, it can still evolve into other mags of the same type. So if you have a tech type mag at level 100 then it can still change to any other tech type if another stat becomes the highest.
As the OP put it.

"- Due to the previous two "rules", once a mag reaches level 95, it will be "locked" forever in its current branch. If you happened to raise a Lyra to level 95 with stats like 48 striking, 47 Ability, it will only evolve into a mag of the striking branch once it reaches level 100, even if by that level you raised ability over striking stats. Also, it means that you can have mags with a very wide variety of builds past level 100. For example, you can have a Cygnus, mag of the striking branch, whose ranged stats are higher than the striking ones, as it won't be able to change into a ranged type mag."

gigawuts
Aug 6, 2012, 05:42 AM
Reposting from Banjo's thread because it clears up some confusion:

Alright! Since I don't like two out of my three mags, I bought a mag reset ticket. I'm going to clear a couple things up about it.

1. It is a mag device. It is applied just like any other device - ones that grant abilities such as HP A or Buff G, or a food device.
2. This means it works on only one mag. It will not reset all your mags after you've reached your limit.
3. This mag does not need to be actively equipped.

The mag I reset was a redundant, worse version of the one I planned out very carefully, so the reality for me is I just spent 500 AC on a new mag. Or, more specifically, I spent 300 AC for a new mag and 200 AC to do community testing!

Saffran
Aug 6, 2012, 06:25 AM
JeyKama > considering there is no such thing as a "lv 151" on a mag to begin with, I'm curious as to how you came up with that idea, quite frankly.
That being said, I dunno what would happen if you tried. Clearly one of the two stats will be cheated out of a point, but which one?

JeyKama
Aug 6, 2012, 11:10 AM
JeyKama > considering there is no such thing as a "lv 151" on a mag to begin with, I'm curious as to how you came up with that idea, quite frankly.
That being said, I dunno what would happen if you tried. Clearly one of the two stats will be cheated out of a point, but which one?

Well, obviously it would have to stop at 150 somehow. Mostly I want to know though, if it counts as "skipping" the evolution with the double level.

Considering I already messed on the mag earlier I guess I may as well find out.

Aigee
Aug 6, 2012, 11:16 PM
Is a Monoceros a good mag for Forces? o.o And What are some other good force mags?

SallySalSal
Aug 7, 2012, 03:03 AM
I wish to make an Orion mag. I want the end stats to be Striking 29 Tech 31 and Range 90. According to the formula, that should be ok but are there any precautionary steps I should take? Aside from getting Lepus first, should I level the stats in a particular order? I don't want to mess up ;-;

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 05:50 AM
I wish to make an Orion mag. I want the end stats to be Striking 29 Tech 31 and Range 90. According to the formula, that should be ok but are there any precautionary steps I should take? Aside from getting Lepus first, should I level the stats in a particular order? I don't want to mess up ;-;

Hm, that seems pretty mixed. Are you making it for one specific class? There are tricks where you can have tech as low as 9, but still be a Monoceros. Or is it a mag meant to support all three classes?

I'm looking for some help. Does anyone here have Orion, Carina, or Tucana? Can you estimate the kinds of single-target damage their Photon Blasts deal?

SallySalSal
Aug 7, 2012, 06:31 AM
Yes, this mag will support all 3 classes (and or the subclasses that come in the future) and mostly because I want Orion lol. If it's not possible to get Orion, I guess I can manage ;-;

gigawuts
Aug 7, 2012, 04:33 PM
Erm, I was thinking Monoceros was a different tech mag. My mistake.

SallySalSal
Aug 7, 2012, 05:56 PM
So after recalculating my future Orion mag, would it still become on Orion if at lvl 95, 25 Striking 35 Tech and 35 Range and then at 100, 25 Striking 35 Tech and 40 Range? Just want to double-check~

JeyKama
Aug 7, 2012, 06:04 PM

You'd get Lepus up to 90 np with those numbers (31T/28S/31R = 90 = it'll stay Lepus at this point as long as it starts as one) but at 94 you would need to perform a level skip (by using a Star Atomizer + S-ATK+R-ATK, so stop levelling S-ATK to just barely shy of 29) in order for it to maintain its Lepus form and evolve properly at 100.

Orion's PB is pretty lackluster, but I only really tried it as a RA where it hit multiple times for ~140 damage. Looks really cool though.

SallySalSal
Aug 7, 2012, 07:13 PM
You'd get Lepus up to 90 np with those numbers (31T/28S/31R = 90 = it'll stay Lepus at this point as long as it starts as one) but at 94 you would need to perform a level skip (by using a Star Atomizer + S-ATK+R-ATK, so stop levelling S-ATK to just barely shy of 29) in order for it to maintain its Lepus form and evolve properly at 100.

Orion's PB is pretty lackluster, but I only really tried it as a RA where it hit multiple times for ~140 damage. Looks really cool though.

This concept of level skip is new to me so please excuse me ;-;

Just to make sure.... get S-Atk AND R-Atk just shy of the next level (S-atk 28 / R-Atk 31), then use Star Atomizer so it hits 96 with S-Atk 29/T-ATk 31/R-Atk 32?

Or just simply the S-atk shy of 29 and using a Star Atomizer will level skip?

JeyKama
Aug 7, 2012, 08:25 PM
There's a few stages, but one really breaking stage at lv94 where things have to be exact or you're just going to get the wrong mag. Star Atomizers are only 4 food points, so using one to level both S-ATK/R-ATK at the same time is pretty delicate.

1) Get T-ATK to 31 -> Becomes Lepus at 30
2) Get S-ATK to 28 and leave just a pixel's worth of space unfed -> Still a Lepus
3) Get R-ATK to 35 -> It should be a lv94 Lepus

(if at this point you just blindly levelled R-ATK, it would turn into a Fornax hitting 95, which screws things up badly)

4) Get R-ATK to 35.99999999 (just shy of 36, like how your S-ATK bar should look)
5) Use a Star Atomizer to level both S-ATK & R-ATK to 29/36 and it should be a lv96 Lepus.

6) Continue levelling R-ATK, and when it hits 100 it will become an Orion.

SallySalSal
Aug 8, 2012, 12:16 AM
There's a few stages, but one really breaking stage at lv94 where things have to be exact or you're just going to get the wrong mag. Star Atomizers are only 4 food points, so using one to level both S-ATK/R-ATK at the same time is pretty delicate.

1) Get T-ATK to 31 -> Becomes Lepus at 30
2) Get S-ATK to 28 and leave just a pixel's worth of space unfed -> Still a Lepus
3) Get R-ATK to 35 -> It should be a lv94 Lepus

(if at this point you just blindly levelled R-ATK, it would turn into a Fornax hitting 95, which screws things up badly)

4) Get R-ATK to 35.99999999 (just shy of 36, like how your S-ATK bar should look)
5) Use a Star Atomizer to level both S-ATK & R-ATK to 29/36 and it should be a lv96 Lepus.

6) Continue levelling R-ATK, and when it hits 100 it will become an Orion.

Thank you very much for the info/tip/trick! I'll try my best with this~

Valymer
Aug 8, 2012, 02:16 PM
So I noticed that I don't have enough base T-Attk to equip the new rod that drops in Floating Continent, and I previously noticed that I don't have enough base T-Def to equip the Force-specific 9* armor (my current mag is a 150 Monoceros with a rough T-attk/Ability split). So I bought another mag, and now my question is this:

What is the best way to level this mag so that it turns into Monoceros eventually, and so that it also boosts my stats to the point that I can equip any Force weapon/armor that are currently in game? I mean, I know HOW to level it, I just don't know what the optimum ratio of levels would be to give me the most DPS possible while still satisfying the above conditions.

Edit: forgot to mention, at lvl 40 I'm [T-atk: 388, T-Def: 360] base

Edit2: nevermind, I just compared the before/after stats when unequipping my mag and realized that 1 level on the mag is equivalent to +1 for that corresponding stat on my character. It looks like as of right now the top-end rare force armor requires 422 T-Def to equip, so I would have to have 62 levels of T-Def on my mag (360 base + 62 from mag) to equip it. The current best rod (グラマシェント, from drakes in floating continent) requires 494 T-Atk, so I would need 106 levels of T-Atk on my mag to use it (388 base + 106 from mag). Of course, it wouldn't be possible to do both with my race/gender combo, since 62+106 > 150 level cap for mags.

Of the two, I'd say that in general the stat T-Atk is much more useful for Force than T-Def, which makes me wonder if these "top-end" class specific armors are even worth the bother. The サブ/アドスタミナδ, for instance, gives a +40hp unmodded bonus, and only requires 213 Ability to equip, which is well below my base number in that stat - meaning I wouldn't have to level any Ability on my mag in order to equip it. Of course the sub units have considerably less defense than the class armor (70/55/55 unground compared to 128/95/84 on the unground rear unit, for example), but this is starting to seem like a worthy sacrifice to avoid training T-Def on my mag. If I went with three of these sub units modded with Ragne Soul and Technic III, I can't imagine being under-armored considering the ease of current content at level 40.

Then, if I don't need more Ability than my base, and I don't need more T-Def than my base, I guess there is no reason not to just level a pure +150 T-Atk mag, is there? Anyways, with the level cap will come increased base stats, allowing us to equip things that we might not be able to right now because of our current builds.

JeyKama
Aug 8, 2012, 06:38 PM
Obviously not possible atm to equip Gramashent and Fegari(or Quartz, I guess) at the same time with your stats, unless you fiddle with your talent tree to invest in more base R-ATK/R-DEF.

You do realize though, that there's a 5* sub/stamina unit that's better than the delta series. IMHO it's probably better to invest in some ability to equip the epsilon sub units than to T-DEF it up for the rare units since ability is at least an offensive stat, unless you're really gung-ho about pure defense. Quartz Dragon and Kyataransa in particular do hit kind of hard.

Valymer
Aug 8, 2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah, actually I'm wearing one of the サブ/アドスタミナε right now. From what I can tell I would need to train just 10 levels of Ability on my new mag to equip it, and I am debating hard whether to do it or not. It probably is the way to go, I guess.

Quartz Dragon hits hard, but he isn't one-rounding me with his normal swooping attacks. Eating a full volley of those shards does though.

It's also difficult to predict what the requirements on the armor that will be released this fall (along with the level cap increase, etc.) will be. I have a feeling that I might be forced into buying a new mag and leveling it up again around that time anyways, so I guess I might as well try a 140 T-Atk/10 Ability mag for now, and see how I like that.

JeyKama
Aug 10, 2012, 03:10 AM
I don't really know the answer, but here is my best guess. We know that mags don't check for evolution until after they've gained all of their levels from an item. That's why you can skip evolution in the first place. So I'd reckon that something like this would happen:

1. You'd feed the mag your item, which would normally give it two levels.
2. The mag would get stopped at level 150, gaining only one level.
3. The mag would then check for evolution and evolve into an appropriate form (or not) based on whatever stats it has.

If that's true (which is a big if), the bigger question is which of the two stats would be leveled up. Maybe whichever bar fills up first? I don't know.

Well, the answer apparently is that double-levelling at 149 does not work - it will level from one stat's full bar (probably top to bottom in priority, S-ATK levelled up while ABL stayed stuck at almost-full) and yeah it evolves at 150 too.

Punchbot :( Oh well!

Vashyron
Aug 10, 2012, 09:18 PM
Yo can anyone tell me if what I'm trying to do here (http://file.pso2pso2.syoyu.net/pso2maguEnglish?c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;b1;b1;b 1;b1;b1;b1;b1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;d1;d1;d1;d1;d1; d1;d1;d1;d1;d1;a1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1 ;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a 1;b1;b1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1; b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1 ;b1;b1;b1;b1;b1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c1;c 1;c1;c1;c1;b1;b1;b1;b1;b1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1;a1; a1;a1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1 ;a1;a1;b1;b1;c1;) would work in the actual game?

Just want to make sure before I waste money and time.

Osyris6
Aug 10, 2012, 09:47 PM
Question, I plan to make a second char that is a force and want my first mag to be for my hunter only class char, is there anything wrong with an all striking mag?

Valymer
Aug 11, 2012, 02:05 AM
I believe it would prevent you from using the top-end class armors. You need to check some spreadsheets and see how much S-Atk and S-Def your gender/race will have base at level 40, then compare that with the top armors and weapons. The difference between the two will be the amount of those two attributes that you will need to raise with your mag, if you decide that you want to equip those items eventually (before the level cap increase).

Edit: Well, I don't know anything about Hunter skill tree but you may have options there to raise S-Atk and/or S-Def there as well, so take that into consideration in your calculations.

Faendryl
Aug 12, 2012, 08:55 PM
I've read a chunk of this thread, but obviously not every page so I probably missed this and would like to confirm.

I want to start off with

Lepus (レプス) - > Tech > Striking & Ranged & Ability
Auto Action: ?
Trigger Action: PP Restore J (支援/PP回復J)
Photon Blast: Cetus Proi (ケートス・プロイ)

So, keep Tech higher only till level 30 so i can get PP restore J

before level 95, I will keep my ability higher so i can turn it into an ability type, swapping over to

Antlia (アントリア) → Ability > Striking & Ranged &Tech
Trigger Action: Status Restore A (支援/状態異常A)
Photon Blast: Julius Proi (ユリウス・プロイ

though I will not get status restore since my first type was tech - pp restore

Now, i want to keep Ability branch locked in at lvl 95 as I want to end up with
Apus (アプス) → Tech > Striking & Ranged & Ability
Trigger Action: Invincibility A (支援/無敵A)
Photon Blast: Julius Nifta (ユリウス・ニフタ)

as my final Mag. My question is, since I have to have Antilia at level 95, to change to Apus later, and Antilia is Ability > Striking & Ranged &Tech, does this mean when I hit 95 that my Mag will change into
Crux (クルックス) → Ability > Striking & Ranged & Tech
Trigger Action: Revival A (支援/復活A)
Photon Blast: Julius Proi (ユリウス・プロイ)

?? I don't want Revival A, as i want the Invincibility from Apus. Does the third form only happen at level 100 and the lockin type is 95? Or will this get messed up and I'll get Crux at 95 and change to apus later on but not have his trigger?

I am confused on this part. If I haven't explained myself correctly, please let me know. I will probably end up with a 100 T-attk 50 ability mag.

Darki
Aug 12, 2012, 10:02 PM
Seeing that this thread has gotten far enough, I come with tho issues.

1.- Is there something to add to the first page? Sorry if you've been trying to contact me for this but I've been at the beach and my internet and computer access there has been very bad, so I just came for a couple posts and to see the news.

2.- After spending all this time with a "hybrid" Delphinus (SATK 55 SDEF 25 TATK 40 TDEF 20 Ability 10), I've been somewhat happy with it, if only wasn't for that annoying uppercut that as Force didn't bother me much but now as Hunter is driving me nuts. I guess it's just that I get angry when it bothers me the most, but the damn thing has the ability to knock things out of my reach EXACTLY when I'm using an already charged PA.

I'm thinking about getting another mag, and this time making it a "proper" hybrid, forget about my Delphinus for a while and someday reroll it into a pure Striking mag.

The two tech/striking "hybrid" mags would be Libra and Carina. I've seen that people don't really like much Libra's PB, but what about the LAZOR fish? My plan would be to go this time 46 Tech 44 striking to lock it in the Lepus brand, then give it striking for now on, and end it at something like 40 SATK 40 SDEF 30 TATK 40 TDEF.

I'm not sure about this, because with my current mag, which has a similar build, I can't really equip any high tier armors. I don't really worry much about that as we're getting 10 extra levels and new classes, but I'm not sure if it's worth the effort. I assume that for the time a "wartecher" class or subclass combination comes, I'd have enough striking and tech stats on my own to rely on a hybrid mag too, but maybe I should stick with a pure build for max stats. =/

Darki
Aug 13, 2012, 08:51 AM
I don't really care about the time it will take, mags level up really fast anyways. I wouldn't do it until I have another mag levelled, though, and I suppose that I won't be resetting it anytime soon as it's cheaper to buy a new one.

My character is a female newman, and I don't really have a "primary" class. I like both Hunter and Force, and I'm going to be maxing both every cap increase. When (if) they release sub-classes I'd try to balance my character out, as she's a Newman I would have my mag a bit more melee-oriented to compensate for her proficiency on techs. That's why I was thinking about getting a Carina.

redroses
Aug 13, 2012, 10:08 AM
Darki, I have a Carina, and it's PB is so so. It does good damage, but the problem is the aiming. It often targets single monsers that wander away from the group or rather aims for smaller enemies when you actually wanted it to hit the boss.

You also have to stand a little away from the enemies or else it might shoot (the enemy being behind or in the PB when it's shooting it's lazer) through the enemy you want it to fire at, because you were standing to close.
As example: i >---D~~~~~~~~
The i is your character and the >---D your PB and the ~~~ is where the lazer starts. So you have to always remember that distance you need between the PB and your enemy.

Saffran
Aug 13, 2012, 10:09 AM
Faendryl > No, but.

No, you won't get Crux at lv 95, because Crux is a lv100+ evolution.
You may indeed get a Crux at level 100, but it can evolve later into an Apus. Just raise the Tech higher than Ability again.
If you get a 48 Abi/47 Tech Antlia at level 95, you can even get an Apus by going 48 Abi/52 Tech, immediatly at level 100.
Also, you can get both actions by looking at the players shops and buying (for example) revival and using it early on. When your mag evolves to Apus, it will get a "new slot action" filled with invincibility, and you'll just have both.

Hrith
Aug 13, 2012, 11:05 AM
Question:

I want a hybrid mag (Tucana) with 35 S-ATK / 35 R-ATK and 30 DEX, is it even possible?

It's at 30/30/30 right now and I was wondering if raising S-ATK to 35 then R-ATK to 35 would make it a Tucana, or the other way around or neither?

gigawuts
Aug 13, 2012, 11:13 AM
That's definitely possible, but you'll want to raise r-atk first so it's the ranged mag at 95. After that go in with s-atk. Make sure it's a Fornax at 95, so ranged must be the highest stat.

If you want minimal r-atk you can also do 31 s-atk, 33 r-atk, 31 dex.

After that, raise any stat however you want as long as r-atk is less than half its current total level. Not equal to half, less than half. I emphasize that because there's been some confusion and messups with it in the past.

edit: Anyone have an Apus? Love it? Hate it? Looking at raising one for my FOcast (don't hate)

Dextro
Aug 13, 2012, 01:59 PM
I have an Apus and love it :D
It's nice to look at and its PB beats Monoceros' in utility on everything but bosses.
(Well i guess that's debatable because it'll suck up and kill the adds, unless you're solo and there aren't any)

Hrith
Aug 13, 2012, 02:50 PM
That's what I thought, thanks gigawuts.

Spellbinder
Aug 13, 2012, 07:50 PM
After messing it up once and resetting it, the Apus is finally done.

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/ThePacster/pso20120814_094522_000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Smooth sailing from here.

gigawuts
Aug 14, 2012, 06:35 AM
The level skips actually get pretty easy. For a long time you feed it five weapons, one furniture, five weapons. Repeat. That's exactly the right amount to set you up with the same food levels after the next level skip. After the feed amount is increased again it gets more complex, but it's still pretty easy if you plot things out for the next five levels on one of the planner sites.

Darki
Aug 14, 2012, 07:55 AM
Wow, that level skip thing, I didn't think about it. How does it go?

gigawuts
Aug 14, 2012, 08:00 AM
It goes pretty great. I set up a 70 S-ATK 30 ABI Leo. It's beneficial in a lot of ways, the most noteworthy being that when I do souls on my units I'm buying cheapo signo and rappy souls instead of pricey vol/gwana/quartz souls for at least one unit to make up the difference in ability. This setup gives me enough S-ATK and enough ABI for any equips I need.

Basically, you get your mag to the desired form at 30. For me that was HP J, so a Lyra. Then I changed it to an Antlia at 35. Then I fed it the right stuff to get it to, like, 90% completion on S-ATK and ABI. Feed it a 5 star weapon to put it way over the edge and give myself some breathing room, then just 5 3* weapons, furniture to lower ABI, 5 more 3* weapons. That works for a while until S-ATK hits 50, and you need to change it up. Each level skip needs to be addressed individually by that point.

Try to keep track of what you feed it so you can plot it out on one of the planners.

Darki
Aug 14, 2012, 08:34 AM
So, from what I'm reading, if you have your mag, for example at level 29 and you level it to 31 directly, by raising two parameters at the same time, it won't try to "update" then?

That's awesome. I don't really know what use would I make of it anyways as I'm planning for my next mag to be a Carina and I don't really need to go through all that work, I want it to be at high levels on both striking and tech parameters, but it's worth the try if I ever wanna make an Apus.

Spellbinder
Aug 14, 2012, 08:36 AM
Kudos, you have more patience than I. Planning 13 level skips would probably annoy me too much.

What screwed you up? Did you get thrown off by the different food requirements at 50+?

I was tired one night, and misread one of the rows in my excel file. :-P

Ekoi
Aug 14, 2012, 10:31 AM
Has anyone figured out how to aim Cetus Imera?

TRaumattic
Aug 14, 2012, 02:20 PM
I want to focus on S-Atk but the PP regen PB on the tech MAGs sounds useful. What's the minimum number of levels I'd need in tech stats to get a max lvl MAG with Cetus Proi?

It seems like 76 if I went just striking and tech, but I don't really understand level skipping.

gigawuts
Aug 14, 2012, 02:29 PM
Depends on what other stats you want to raise. Tech needs to be the highest stat. If you want to split tech and ability, you'd get 76 tech and 74 abilty. After that it gets tricky - tech needs to be higher then both ranged+ability AND striking+ability. If you only wanted one or the other of those two combinations, you'd still want 76 tech and then 74 split between striking+ability since you won't be doing ranged.

KEV1N
Aug 14, 2012, 02:52 PM

[spoiler-box]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/ThePacster/pso20120814_094522_000.jpg[/spoiler-box]

That's neat. I'm going to try and make one like yours.

largretta
Aug 14, 2012, 10:07 PM
Hi everyone, my character is a FOcaseal n im keeping her as that until the sub-classes come out where im gonna change her into the Force subclass. I was wondering what type of MAG i should build if i want some PP recovery n be able to equip some mediocre armor if tht is possible. If not i would prefer the armor over the PP recovery. Also how would i do it, like what would i feed the MAG.

Saffran
Aug 16, 2012, 02:40 PM
Someone in this thread was talking about skipping level 150 and we were wondering what would happen.
Well, I found out.

I was leveling my defenses with sub-units and went from 148 to 150.
Sdef went up
Rdef went up
Tdef stayed at its level.

I'm guessing that the "lowest stat in the tree" gets cheated.
So if you were to level skip with a monomate, I'm pretty sure you'll get an extra point in Satk and not in Sdef.

Edit: ah you already found out like last week. I guess I should play a bit more...

IndigoNovember
Aug 16, 2012, 04:26 PM
Anyone have an Apus? Love it? Hate it? Looking at raising one for my FOcast (don't hate)

A bit late, but I had an Apus until I accidentally raised S-ATK one too high on the final level up (what I get for being half asleep while feeding). I loved it. Its Barta is pretty cool when you're solo-ing since it freezes enemies occasionally (unlike normal Barta, Apus's flies through the air so you don't have to worry about it running into some obstacle on the ground and not hitting an enemy). I really like its Photon Blast. The gravity well is awesome since it drags everything into it. Really helps your AOE attacks / Photon Arts. I enjoyed having it around for all of my classes.

Clunker
Aug 16, 2012, 10:05 PM
Could someone give use-experience of a Corvus mag?
How good is it's shell attack? Is it as AoE as a launcher?

Also, what's the attribute break down to get Corvus at 100?
At 150?

I'm about to start my 2nd mag, and want a solid recipe to go by.
(was thinking of placing all the R-stats as R-Def to have a sorta Defense Mag...)

Chdata
Aug 17, 2012, 09:47 AM
Just wondering if this is correct:

Based on this: http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/Portal:Mags

If I get my mag into the tech branch and both striking + range are higher than tech with ability, would whether or not it becomes the strike/range mag from the tech branch depend on whether or not strike or tech is higher?

Also I'm going in the tech branch and either going for ranged or strike, not sure which. (Likely strike)

Is there any point of having both of the PP restores from getting the mag to level 30 tech and then into the ranged version in the tech branch at level 100? Just how often do these restores activate? Or are they activated somehow? I know the heal effect is random after taking critical damage, but PP restore?

Since mags can't learn new trigger actions like that after they already learned one, does this mean I could make my mag into the range vers of tech branch so it has both PP restores and then on the way to level 150 change it into the strike version?

IndigoNovember
Aug 17, 2012, 11:30 AM
Just wondering if this is correct:

Based on this: http://p2o.wikkii.net/wiki/Portal:Mags

If I get my mag into the tech branch and both striking + range are higher than tech with ability, would whether or not it becomes the strike/range mag from the tech branch depend on whether or not strike or tech is higher?

Also I'm going in the tech branch and either going for ranged or strike, not sure which. (Likely strike)

You have the requirements a bit mixed up:

Lepus evolves into . . .
Monoceros (image) (http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh523/kurushy/Mag%20Pics/Monoceros.jpg): (Tech > Strike + abi) AND (Tech > Ranged + abi)
Carina (image) (http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh523/kurushy/Mag%20Pics/Carina.jpg): (Strike + abi > Tech) AND (Strike > Ranged)
Orion (image) (http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh523/kurushy/Mag%20Pics/Orion.jpg): (Ranged + abi > Tech) AND (Ranged > Strike)

But you're on the right track. After you have evolved your mag into the tech line of mags, then you just need to raise strike or range to make your desired hybrid mag. Alternatively you can put 1 point into strike or range and then the rest into ability, since that also fulfills the restriction, just make sure it's only 1 point in the stat of your choice since you need to have that stat be greater than the other undesired stat.

Since mags can't learn new trigger actions like that after they already learned one, does this mean I could make my mag into the range vers of tech branch so it has both PP restores and then on the way to level 150 change it into the strike version?

Yes you can.

Darki
Aug 20, 2012, 03:13 AM
So. My girlfriend is thinking about making a Carina on her hunter, but she doesn't plan on making the character a Force, so we're bumping our heads to find a way to do some level skipping to keep the tech level at minimun.

As it's not an ability mag, the level skipping can be done with both SATK and SDEF, so the thing would be to throw in the required 16 tech levels (in TDEF so it has some use) and then plan it well enough to level up both striking stats to skip evolutions. Any suggestion?

Spellbinder
Aug 20, 2012, 03:34 AM
So. My girlfriend is thinking about making a Carina on her hunter, but she doesn't plan on making the character a Force, so we're bumping our heads to find a way to do some level skipping to keep the tech level at minimun.

As it's not an ability mag, the level skipping can be done with both SATK and SDEF, so the thing would be to throw in the required 16 tech levels (in TDEF so it has some use) and then plan it well enough to level up both striking stats to skip evolutions. Any suggestion?

I poked around with the calculator, and the best I could get was the following:

Striking - 59
Ability - 25
T-Defense - 16

Lots of juggling monomates, disks, and hunter weapons involved.

Darki
Aug 20, 2012, 05:21 AM
What those 25 ability for?

Spellbinder
Aug 20, 2012, 08:11 AM
What those 25 ability for?

You have to level something with Striking so it can skip evolutions.

Darki
Aug 20, 2012, 09:23 AM
So, I can level SATK and SDEF at the same time, can't I? <_< Even if they count as one for evolution checks they're still two stats.

Spellbinder
Aug 20, 2012, 10:33 AM
Ah, I misread your post. Let me try again.

gigawuts
Aug 20, 2012, 10:52 AM
If you're raising striking and ability, you can keep tech at 12 by merely raising striking to 10 and ability to 9, which I'll just write down as 10/11/9 (s/r/t/a). Tech is still the highest stat at 30. This keeps the unimportant stat at an absolute minimum and the stats you'll use at a maximum. In the case of needing to raise all 4 stats (let's say for mag ability reasons, e.g. you want PP J or I don't care) you can do 7/7/9/7.

For instance, I want a Tucana with PP J. I raise tech to 9, then striking ranged & ability to 7. The mag is now 30 and evolves into a Lepus which gives me my PP J. Then I raise ranged to 10 and striking to 9. The mag now turns into a level 35 Fornax. I've maximized my important stats and minimized my unimportant stats. From here on out I raise it like any other evolution skipping mag.

edit: fixed some numbers for clarity, they were a bit confusing

Spellbinder
Aug 20, 2012, 11:01 AM
Striking - 71
Striking Defense - 13
Tech Defense - 16

That's a very very very hard mag to make. Maybe someone can do it more efficiently than me.

Dextro
Aug 20, 2012, 04:51 PM

Hi-Five!
Here's the progress on mine:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/randomffxi2/pso20120820_222633_002.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
I can't decide where to put the remaining 20 points, so i think i'm going to leave it at lv.130 until both the level & mag caps are raised.....to avoid having to re-spec.
Also, your seems to have a 4th ability, what did you have it learn?

Spellbinder
Aug 21, 2012, 01:26 AM
Hi-Five!
Here's the progress on mine:
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f205/randomffxi2/pso20120820_222633_002.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]
I can't decide where to put the remaining 20 points, so i think i'm going to leave it at lv.130 until both the level & mag caps are raised.....to avoid having to re-spec.
Also, your seems to have a 4th ability, what did you have it learn?

I was actually planning to leave my mag at level 130 (100 T-ATK, 30 Ability) as well until I decide what to do with it.

As for my mag's 4th ability, it's the one that has a small chance of reviving me of I'm KO'd. The other three are pretty much all I really wanted, so I figured it wouldn't hurt to add that last one on.

Darki
Aug 21, 2012, 01:40 AM
I was actually planning on leaving my mag at level 100 or so until we get how the subclasses work and I can get a better understanding on what stats to leave (this for my own Carina, not the one my GF is making lol). I'm really confused on what to leave or not.

HFlowen
Aug 23, 2012, 09:57 AM
Posted this in the quick question topic but did not get a quick answer.

If you're skipping mag evo check levels to keep a certain type of mag, do you have to stop at level 149? Obviously you can't skip to 151 but can you still skip the evo check at 150?

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2012, 10:17 AM
Someone tested and it seems you DO need to stop at 149. It does not skip at 150, it just picks one level and goes with it then checks to evolve since it's at 150.

HFlowen
Aug 23, 2012, 10:46 AM
Ah, guess I'll have to juggle monomates and dimates to keep energy up without leveling. Thanks for telling me before I massively f'ed up my mag.

gigawuts
Aug 23, 2012, 10:52 AM
Monomates and dimates? Do they alternate right? You can do 2* and 5* furniture - buy the trains in the shop for 300 a piece and use 5*'s you pick up in free areas (excluding the mines, which are 6*). The effective cost is pretty cheap and even if you mess up they reduce 2x what they raise. You can also alternate sub armor and disks I think, and with disks selling for a piddly 100 meseta that's not too bad of a combo.

HFlowen
Aug 23, 2012, 10:29 PM
I just put down generic placeholder item names.

RocSage
Aug 26, 2012, 06:48 AM
this might help some people in terms of what can evolve into what.
http://crushing-utopia.com/PSO2/MAGevolve.jpg

Haseokun
Aug 27, 2012, 03:49 PM
I would like to get either Helix Nifta or Helix Imera as a Hunter, any idea what the best way to go about that is? I just got my Mag yesterday and have been feeding it 2* Striking weapons. I know from previous experience that Helix Proi is rather situational compared to the other two abilities which is why I don't want it. Do I need to raise Range for Imera or Tech for Nifta and then come back to STR later on in my Mags life?

RocSage
Aug 27, 2012, 04:26 PM
I would like to get either Helix Nifta or Helix Imera as a Hunter, any idea what the best way to go about that is? I just got my Mag yesterday and have been feeding it 2* Striking weapons. I know from previous experience that Helix Proi is rather situational compared to the other two abilities which is why I don't want it. Do I need to raise Range for Imera or Tech for Nifta and then come back to STR later on in my Mags life?

I updated that picture above to have the PBs listed...

Each of the families of MAGs all have a Proi, Nifta, and Imera... If you want Helix Imera you currently have no choice but to get Cygnus, and Helix Nifta no choice but to get Libra

Cygnus is a Range MAG, Libra is a Tech MAG

Here's a list of what mag is what type and their PB... Interesting note. Range is the only one that can get a Nifta, Proi, and Imera PB

Strike MAGs
Lyra (Helix Proi)
Delphinius (Helix Proi)
Tucana (Ajax Imera)
Carina (Cetus Imera)
Leo (Julius Proi)

Range MAGs
Fornax (Ajax Proi)
Cepheus (Ajax Proi)
Cygnus (Helix Imera)
Orion (Cetus Nifta)
Corvus (Julius Imera)

Tech MAGs
Lepus (Cetus Proi)
Monoceros (Cetus Proi)
Libra (Helix Nifta)
Caelum (Ajax Nifta)
Apus (Julius Nifta)

DEX/ABL MAGs
Antlia (Julius Proi)
Crux (Julius Proi)

Haseokun
Aug 28, 2012, 03:49 AM
Ok so since I plan to have Hunter as my main job with Ranger as my secondary the Cygnus would be better than the Libra correct? I may change my mind if any of the new classes end up being hybrid classes and go with a Libra if there ends up being a class similar to Guntecher or Acrotecher from PSU.

RocSage
Aug 28, 2012, 04:18 AM
Ok so since I plan to have Hunter as my main job with Ranger as my secondary the Cygnus would be better than the Libra correct? I may change my mind if any of the new classes end up being hybrid classes and go with a Libra if there ends up being a class similar to Guntecher or Acrotecher from PSU.

If you intend to make a Hunter with subclass Ranger the Tucana is probably the best MAG. If you want a balanced Tucana or Cygnus are ok... Cygnus however is for Ranger with Hunter subclass

Haseokun
Aug 28, 2012, 05:58 AM
The main thing I am trying to avoid is the Proi abilities on any given Mag. Proi abilities don't tend to do much damage. I was watching the Mag Photon Blast video on Youtube which led me to be more interested in Imera and Nifta. My favorite looking PB is the Helix Imera ヘリクス・イメラ, second favorite is ケートス・イメラ which I'm guessing is the Cetus Imera. I learned from my other character, and my previous Mag on my current character that the Proi's just aren't suitable for my playstyle and don't seem nearly as useful as the Nifta or Imera abilities. I'm also debating between whether I should be putting S-DEF into the MAG, or just use my Class Skills for S-DEF instead. I have been told that regardless of Mag you need at least 50 STR on any given Mag to equip the endgame Best in Slot/BiS Weapons. I've heard the same about S-DEF for BiS Armor as a Hunter, but have been advised to simply use my Class Points instead of feeding my Mag armor.

gigawuts
Aug 28, 2012, 09:53 AM
How is the damage on a Tucana's PB? I'm halfway to 100 already, so would like to know what I'm getting into.

HFlowen
Aug 28, 2012, 02:37 PM
Drill mag? Intense damage, if you set it up right.

It runs off of strike attack stats, so switch to the highest raw strike damage wep you have and pop a shifta item, you'll hit into the thousands for each blast easy.

(yea, that actually does work. I use it as my ranger mag and the damage almost doubles if I switch to an edge blazer and get a shita buff. I assume a high grind tuna would work better)

Dextro
Aug 28, 2012, 03:03 PM
Is Corvus a good mag for RA? It has the only PB that scales with r-atk right?

Haseokun
Aug 29, 2012, 11:22 AM
I'm slowly leveling my Mag. I'm being very cautious and only leveling STR when I need it to equip something better. Example: Alva Tri's 320 S-Atk requirement when compared to Wired Tri's 155 requirement. My Mag currently is lv15 with 15 STR and nothing else. I have been very strict with feeding it mates to keep it's DEX/Ability down. I always buy 5* Alva Scissors or 4* Gunscissors at prices varying from 3k- 7k for Mag food. I never pay more than 7k for a 5* Mag food weapon. If I recall correctly the best thing as a Hunter to do is get STR to around 30 which gives you enough STR for awhile and gets you a basic PB, then level up the other stats in increments of 5 to change the Mag and its PB into the one you want at End Game.

redroses
Aug 30, 2012, 08:44 AM
I was wondering what PB is the better one of these two, Helix Imera or Nifta.
I really can't decide, and I like the looks of both mags very much, so I am going for which one has the better PB!

Thank you very much in advance!

hathzorz
Aug 30, 2012, 11:41 PM
Hey, so I'm a complete noob at this whole mag thing.. I just started PSO2. I've read a few guides but I'm still a bit confused.
I have a Human Male Hunter, so which mag should i be aiming for? And what exactly should i feed it to achieve that?
And if there is anything else i should know (in layman's terms :\) it would be greatly appreciated.

shadowspike3
Aug 31, 2012, 05:57 AM
Can someone make a definitive guide on the steps to make an apus for Forces with a fresh mag? i just bought another mag and i dont want to mess this one up.

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 06:40 AM
Can someone make a definitive guide on the steps to make an apus for Forces with a fresh mag? i just bought another mag and i dont want to mess this one up.

It depends on what you want out of it. It's a Tech MAG so are you a force? if you just want it for aesthetics the build will be different.

First you need to get to Antlia though which means you need a minimum of 15 or 16 ABL/DEX

Once you get Antlia you need to keep it an Antlia which requires you to Raise DEX so that it is the highest stat, but you also need to Raise Tech to be 1 point higher than Strike and Range combined

So whatever you raise Strike and or Range to you need to double that for the level...Let's assume you want the highest strike possible for Apus...

Strike 31 Tech 32 DEX 32

For highest strike Apus your stats need to be the above at lvl 95 Antlia
At this point you are lock as Antlia which means that at level 100 it will evolve in one of the Antlia Family which is;

Crux (DEX), Leo (Strike), Corvus (Range), or Apus (Tech)

At this point the next level rules take over so you have to maintain primacy of stat next to the name above. again we're going to assume You want Strike as high as possible and just want Apus for aesthetics. The primacy can switch all the way up to 150 at this point so it doesn't matter in what order you raise the mag as long as the final stats are Tech being 1 level higher than Strike.

Strike 58 Tech 60 Dex 32.

You can change strike with Range, or you can break Strike into Strike+Range which means the highest you can have for Strike and Range in 29 each (or balance around that without going above 58 when combined)

Assuming you want the highest Tech you can get
at Antlia 95 you need 48 DEX, 47 Tech
After level 95 you just put all the rest in Tech

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 10:44 AM
Assuming you want PP J, you'd instead do:

At level 30:
Tech 16
Ability/Dexterity 14
This turns it into a Lepus, getting you PP J

Then at level 35:
Tech 17
Ability/Dexterity 18
This turns it into an Antlia, which you can now raise into an Apus

Slidikins
Aug 31, 2012, 10:55 AM
Assuming you want PP J, you'd instead do:

At level 30:
Tech 16
Ability/Dexterity 14

Then at level 35:
Tech 17
Ability/Dexterity 18

Building off of this, you can use the avoid evolution trick to keep your Antlia with only 18 Ability, which is how I'm getting my 88 T-ATK, 18 Ability, 44 T-DEF Apus. You can change the T-ATK and T-DEF values a lot, but 11 or so points are unavoidable in each, as you need them to avoid evolution.

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 11:04 AM
Building off of this, you can use the avoid evolution trick to keep your Antlia with only 18 Ability, which is how I'm getting my 88 T-ATK, 18 Ability, 44 T-DEF Apus. You can change the T-ATK and T-DEF values a lot, but 11 or so points are unavoidable in each, as you need them to avoid evolution.

What? How do you get that?

Slidikins
Aug 31, 2012, 11:25 AM
What? How do you get that?I won't paste the entire process here, but I'll go over the concept so you can do it yourself, possibly with any mag and any stats that you want. I just learned it from the Force Tree thread and ran with it.

Key #1: Mags evolve at Lv30 and every 5 levels thereafter if their stat order changes.
If a Mag skips over an evolution level it never checks its stat order.
Meaning: if you skip Lv35, 40, 45, etc., it will never evolve again until it's forced to at Lv100.

That said, I fed some eighty 1* Rods and some Disks to get a Lepus (16 T-ATK, 14 Ability) for the PP J. Then five more 1* Rods and some more disks to get Antlia at Lv35 (17 T-ATK, 18 Ability). At this point our goal is to skip over evolution levels by bumping T-ATK and T-DEF simultaneously. Got it? Good.

I wanted to avoid increased cost on T-ATK, so I'm focusing on my 44 T-DEF first. Using a rotation of Rear Units, 3* Room Items, and Shiftarides (9x, 1-2x, and 8x respectively) I'm getting the bump I need.

Starting the rotation:
[SPOILER-BOX]Lv35 Antlia is at 0/0/17/18/0/0/0 perfectly
9 2* Rear Units bring it to 0/0/17/18.27/0/0/2.21
2 3* Room Items then bring it to 0/0/17/18.7/0/0/3.1
1 2* Rear Unit will bring it to 0/0/17/18.10/0/0/3.10, a much nicer number.
4 3* Room Items bring it to 0/0/17/18/0/0/4, perfect again, and Lv39.
8 Shiftarides boost it to 0/0/18.2/18/0/0/5.2.

Lv41 and still Antlia even though Tech is definitely higher than Ability![/SPOILER-BOX]
A more typical part of the rotation:
[SPOILER-BOX]Continuing on, feed 9 more 2* Rear Units to 0/0/18/18.27/0/0/7.23
1 3* Room item to 0/0/18/18.17/0/0/7.28 (we want T-DEF 2 points behind
T-ATK at the most for the Shiftarides)
8 Shiftarides as always to skip Lv45 and land at 0/0/19.2/18/0/0/9[/SPOILER-BOX]

Continuing with that plan (changing up the Room Items as needed and another slight change or two; plan it out, trust me) I can get something like 0/0/35.3/18/0/0/43.2 at Lv96. And it's locked into Antlia. With the same 18 Ability from before. Add another point of T-DEF and then go Pure T-ATK (Rods and Shiftarides) and you end up with the 0/0/88/18/0/0/44 that I mentioned before.

Disclaimer: This is NOT the most efficient or cheapest way to do this. But I kept it simple to familiarize myself with the trick, and while using store-bought items.

Disclaimer #2: For the evolution trick you need 2 Stats, the main stat and the bump stat. Assuming the main stat is what you want the most of, the bump stat is any other stat that you level simultaneously. I used T-DEF. You can use Ability as well. Or a mix of stats. Just note that you need 12 points of Bump Stat in total.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 11:33 AM
Haven't I explained this to you roc? I swear I did...well, here goes anyways:

Mags evolve at every fifth level starting at 30, right? 30, 35, 40, 45, up to 95. At 100 they evolve into their third forms. They ONLY evolve on THOSE levels. Let's use 40 for an example - it evolves at 40; not 39, and not 41.

So building off that, if you take your mag at level 39 and level it up twice at once. It's now 41. It was never actually 40. Since it wasn't 40, it didn't qualify to evolve. Yep, this actually works! I have a Leo with 30 ability right now.

There are a lot of items that raise two stats at once. You can do all ATK with star atomizers, all Def with sub units, or both one atk and its def with mono/di/trimates (s/r/t respectively).

So to do a t-atk & t-def Apus with PP J...

At level 30:
Tech 16
Ability/Dexterity 14

Then at level 35:
Tech 17
Ability/Dexterity 18

This next part is a very important step, but it's on a per-mag basis, meant to equalize all the percentage bars:

Use alternating 3* and 6* furniture to reduce ability/dexterity bar to zero percent. They alternatingly raise and reduce R-ATK and R-Def, useless statsfor this mag - exactly why we use them.
Use rear armor to reduce the t-atk bar to zero percent.
Use 3* and 6* furniture again to reduce Ability/Dex if necessary.
Use Tech/PA Disks to reduce T-Def.
Use 3* and 6* furniture again to reduce Ability/Dex to zero.

The mag should now have 0% on T-ATK, T-Def, and Ability/Dex. It should only have a small amount of R-Def or R-ATK - less than a third percent.

Now the easiest, but very important, steps you'll repeat a whole lot:

At level 35 (all important bars empty): Feed it two 4* rear units
It should have ZERO percent on T-ATK and T-Def. If not, repeat the stat reduction steps.
Now it should be level 36 with 18 Tech and 18 Ability/Dexterity

Feed it Trimates until it's level 41 - you should skip level 40 entirely.

(What makes this work nicely is at these levels two 4* items level up one stat perfectly with ZERO excess, and trimates raise t-atk and t-def perfectly evenly.)

Repeat these two steps until the mag is level 96. No stat should reach level 50. If a stat reaches 50 you done messed up. You can still do this plan, but it won't be nearly as cookie-cutter.

As of level 96 you can stop skipping levels. The mag is locked in. Nothing you can do to this mag will change it from an Antlia form. Just raise t-atk or t-def like normal, and at level 100 it will become an Apus. Be mindful of what level you need stats at and you're set!

edit: If you're at all unsure about this plan, go here and double check ANY step you're not sure of! Keep notes of what you've fed it, and if you ever lose track just use the stat reduction items again to lower the bars to 0% and plan from that particular level. http://merriesp.web.fc2.com/magud.html I've had to reduce stats and plan from a specific level a few times, and the mag came out just fine.

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 11:56 AM
I see... i would never had guessed that would work, but I underestimate the poor programming skills of SEGA all the time.

Slidikins
Aug 31, 2012, 11:59 AM
I see... i would never had guessed that would work, but I underestimate the poor programming skills of SEGA all the time.After all the MAG building tricks PSO had, I'm just going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say this was deliberate.

No it wasn't..

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 11:59 AM
They've known about it since the cbt. This is most likely intentionally left in, as an advanced technique comparable to trading mags to different secid's and class/race combos for specific evolutions.

e.g. all the best trading fodder mags started on a ranger for estlla, then got pylla and mylla&youlla after that (I forget the order).

D-Inferno
Aug 31, 2012, 12:19 PM
So, is having Ability on a Mag a bad idea (unless needed for an evolution)? I believe S/D includes your mag's stats, so Abiltiy would be left out. However, I rarely see Rappy/Sinow souls used on weapons, and supposedly Ability is "nesscessary", so did I screw up my mag somewhat by going with the "~90 S/R/T-ATK; ~50 ABL" spread?

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 12:22 PM
What I'm doing is keeping ability off my mag as much as possible and making up the difference with relatively cheap rappy and signo souls.

IOW, no, I think you've done just fine. Additionally, if (big if, there's nothing suggesting it will yet) the ATA/EVP buffing support tech from PSU makes a return, that will almost certainly elevate ability considerably. Ability is like ATA was - you only needed it up to a certain point, after that anymore was meaningless. If you could hit enemies you could hit enemies, simple as that. ATP was better after you were consistently hitting enemies.

So you can tweak your ability with souls on your equipment, but you can't so easily tweak your mag's levels.

D-Inferno
Aug 31, 2012, 12:59 PM
Sadly, the new lightning tech isn't Zodial, it seems to be some kind of storm cloud thing.

Dunno why the hell resetting a mag costs more AC than actually getting a new one.

Dextro
Aug 31, 2012, 01:06 PM
So, is having Ability on a Mag a bad idea (unless needed for an evolution)? I believe S/D includes your mag's stats, so Abiltiy would be left out. However, I rarely see Rappy/Sinow souls used on weapons, and supposedly Ability is "nesscessary", so did I screw up my mag somewhat by going with the "~90 S/R/T-ATK; ~50 ABL" spread?
Raising your minimum damage.
Stabilising your damage.
Keeping your damage output consistent.

That's basically what the benefits of Ability are, and it all sounds good....on paper.
In reality, you dip into that lower end of your attack range so rarely that it doesn't really warrant you giving up all the other benefits you can have instead.

Raising your attack high enough will make you laugh at how high your 'low-end damage' actually is - you won't care at all.

As a FO, the only time I've thought "damn, my ABI screwed me over on that one" are the times where the planets align and you have a boss that's weak to fire, with weak bullet applied to his weak spot and you've got a JA'd Rafoie ready. At that point it sucks to hit a couple of 9500s instead of 9999s - missing out on that e-peen damage cap hit.
I have 30 additional Ability from my equip & mag altogether, and if that's the damage variation i'm getting with such high numbers, think of how small the variance between lower numbers actually is.

Maybe if they didn't ease us into new content only once we reach the recommended minimum level, the ABI difference between us and the mobs would be high enough to actually need some ABI investment to not do poor damage. But for now that's not the case and it's (imo) not that important of a stat.

Right now the extra boost you get from a 7* weapon seems to be more than enough, so you can focus your mag stats elsewhere.

D-Inferno
Aug 31, 2012, 01:31 PM
Well, my Mag's ability stats are 56 minimum (I feed them nothing but weapons pretty much. I did give them some mates to lower the ability, but I felt that all made it too slow, so I just let the ability rise). I'll probably get it to 60, and then stop there (45 for Ranger). As SEGA releases new content, Ability could still become more important.

Also, I checked the player shop, and while I see a bunch of million meseta stuff being sold with the S/R/T-ATK souls, I see nothing with Rappy or Signo souls. Are they hard to obtain or something, because I'd figure that ABL would be better on equips so that your SD is somewhat more effective.

RocSage
Aug 31, 2012, 01:35 PM
realistically 150 to a damage stat doesn't make much difference either though as we know skill set ups that boost your damage potential way beyond what many of us would consider reasonable...So defense is probably the best stat to put levels into simply because then all the battles simply become a battle of attrition if you didn't happen to set up your skill tree right, and sooner or later the mob is going down since you can pretty much nullify damage with enough defense.

The only real benefits of MAGs are defense or getting stuff earlier...or at all.
I think the best set up would be something like 50 attack stat 50 Strike defense and then divide up the last 50 to 100 among the other defenses or ability stat dependent on whether you want to use other class units or weapons that require ability that for some reason you can't equip.

Slidikins
Aug 31, 2012, 02:11 PM
realistically 150 to a damage stat doesn't make much difference either though as we know skill set ups that boost your damage potential way beyond what many of us would consider reasonable...So defense is probably the best stat to put levels into simply because then all the battles simply become a battle of attrition if you didn't happen to set up your skill tree right, and sooner or later the mob is going down since you can pretty much nullify damage with enough defense.

The only real benefits of MAGs are defense or getting stuff earlier...or at all.
I think the best set up would be something like 50 attack stat 50 Strike defense and then divide up the last 50 to 100 among the other defenses or ability stat dependent on whether you want to use other class units or weapons that require ability that for some reason you can't equip.While I agree, the main reason I wanted to lower ability is because a FOmarl needs 120 T-ATK to equip a Gram at Lv40. Even with the lowered ability I get 88+10 (from skills), so I'd still be in the hole if I were using a MAG to equip something. If I only put 50 T-ATK I wouldn't be able to equip a Garland without some extra points in T-ATK Up. Ability doesn't seem to hinder a Force at all, so I don't mind tossing it into T-ATK in order to use some rares.

gigawuts
Aug 31, 2012, 02:12 PM
Yeah, there is some logic in going for solid atk and def - class equipment requirements. Ability is only required for a few things, and not much of it is required.

For example, my force mag will be primarily atk and def apus with a dash of ability, and my next striking mag will be nearly pure atk and def too. I just don't want that one to be a delphinus, so will have to decide between a second tucana or going for a carina.

gigawuts
Sep 2, 2012, 01:34 PM
Sorry for the double post, but I'd like some input on my Apus.

I'm not going for super dreamy damage on my FOcast. That's obviously just not happening. What I CAN do is go medium performance tanky-ish, which I'm definitely doing. FOcast has minimal defensive advantages over a FOnewm/FOnewearl, but I'll never catch up damage-wise so I may as well go balanced.

Which brings me to the question: Apus, Monoceros, Carina, or Orion? All are attainable right now. The mag is a 54 Apus, ready to skip 55 with only 19 ability. Or I could...intentionally not skip a level. I can revert it to Lepus and raise ability + 1 stat to get a Carina or Orion. Using the level skip trick after level 100, that could mean a Carina or Orion with 101 combined tech, and t-atk up to pick up the slack for equips. I could also dig in with tech and go with Monoceros.

I could even do a Libra at this stage. I won't do a Caelum though, that PB is pretty meh.

If I'm picking a mag mainly for its PB though, and all but Apus' PB are benefited solely by s-atk, that means only Monoceros and Apus are really an option. So, utility of vacuum PB, or utility of PP PB?

I mean, Apus is pretty adorable.

I'm also hanging onto one single level 0 mag for after the subclass update, and just got my Tucana. I left him at 99 for a few days eyeing his stat bars to make mega certain I'd get it right, and I did. I now having a flying powerdrill for a mag. I used to think it was hideous, but now I think it's freaking adorable too.

Oh what I'd do for free mags again, raising all the different kinds of mags with unusual stats was half the fun of PSO1 for me...

Dextro
Sep 2, 2012, 04:23 PM
Hey~
You can probably go with whichever of the 2 you want tbh.
Monoceros's PB is more useful for bosses, while Apus's has more utility for everything else (farming/MPA/PSE Bursts etc.) I still switch to my mono if all we're doing is speed-running bosses, otherwise my Apus is always on :)

Monoceros's PB will charge quicker, probably about 3x as fast. This is because it receives a larger boost in its gauge for every tech hit you score on an enemy; it'll fill up from 0 to full in about 10(?) Gizondes assuming you hit 5 enemies with each one (but that's just from me eyeballing, so don't quote me on that!)
So if you're always in the middle of the fight along with the hunters, then being able to hit multiple enemies with AoE techs will always have your PB full.

Everyone loves Apus's PB, though. It sucks in all the enemies allowing for any PB or Tech to multi-hit everything inside, and the duration is pretty ridiculous in a 4-man chain too. And that's all without even considering the dmg done from the PB itself.

A 'medium-performance tanky build' sounds sort of like what they're advertising Techer to be.
So don't worry too much about damage. I'd probably leave Mono for the Pure FOs, since it only benefits themselves so they can spam their strongest techs in that pp regen window.

I have a feeling that Techer will have pretty high S-ATK on their Wands, and this'll make the PB of all the other mags do really good damage too. Pop a wide-radius Shifta just before that and it'll be even stronger!

So just go with whichever one you want tbh, just try and keep ABI low so you can:
1) Put what you need to in Tdef to equip sturdy units since you'll be 'tanky' in the middle of battle.
2) Keep your TAtk as high as you reasonably can, to keep up to date with good rods/wands.

gigawuts
Sep 5, 2012, 12:07 PM
The one god damn time I get distracted while feeding a mag, it just happens to be at the level skip. Yep, I now have a level 85 Lepus. Two more skips to go, but nope.

Fuck you Sega and fuck your 6 dollar mag reset tickets. I can't actually buy AC right now anyway. Oh well, guess I'm making a Lepus-based third form.

God damnit.

So, monoceros with 19 ability, or orion with 66 ability? This mag is going to be such a fucking mess.

Slidikins
Sep 14, 2012, 08:39 AM
Out of all the people I know who have done it successfully for a decent amount of levels, all of them report at least once that their attention lapsed and they screwed it up and had to start over.Add one person to the list of people who did it without mistakes on their first try:

http://imageshack.us/a/img690/8289/awesomeantlia.gif

Kazzi
Sep 14, 2012, 01:31 PM
Question!

If a mag changes type at every 5 levels, will it change when it hits level 150 if the stats are right? Or does it lock in at 145?

gigawuts
Sep 14, 2012, 01:33 PM
Yes, it changes at 150. Someone here had the misfortune of losing a level skip mag that way, but his loss will not be in vain for we have learned from his tragedy.

(or her)

Slidikins
Sep 14, 2012, 02:28 PM
Yes, it changes at 150. Someone here had the misfortune of losing a level skip mag that way, but his loss will not be in vain for we have learned from his tragedy.

(or her)It locked into its branch at 95. If the maximum level for a Mag goes up, he can correct the mistake at 155, no? Or did he skip the entire way without thinking about the end result?

Kazzi
Sep 14, 2012, 03:05 PM

(or her)

Thanks! I slipped up and it accidentally changed into the other one @_@ (one point mistake) so I'm glad to hear I can still fix it!

IzzyData
Sep 14, 2012, 03:20 PM
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/58437091/KarinaMag.PNG

Loving my level skip mag. Good thing there is no way for it to change anymore. Stuck as Karina forever.

JeyKama
Sep 15, 2012, 11:21 AM
It locked into its branch at 95. If the maximum level for a Mag goes up, he can correct the mistake at 155, no? Or did he skip the entire way without thinking about the end result?

If you must know *dramatic story voice*

I wanted a Cygnus for my hunter, and the reqs for that is ABL+R-stuff > S-stuff. So I made a Lyra with 1 R-DEF, 50 ABL and 49 S-ATK which became Cygnus no problem. I wanted to keep levelling S-ATK, so I level-skipped my way up to 149.

No one knew whether level-skipping at 149 did anything so... tried it. Ended up with +1 S-ATK and an annoying lv150 Dolphinus for my troubles. And a ~30pt disparity between ABL and S-ATK. It wasn't so much not thinking about it as no one having the cajones to try it, but at least now people know.

tl;dr if you screw up level-skipping at 100+ you won't be able to fix it until lv200 unlocks.

Conspire
Sep 19, 2012, 02:24 PM
I'm leveling a level skip Apus (trying to land at 31 T-DEF with the rest in T-ATK, which means with the 60 levels I have to work to get to 95, I have about an even split), and I just wanted someone to double-check my strategy to see if it would work.

Currently, I'm at my way to

0/0/17/18/0/0

With ALL stats at 0%.

My rotation is going to be:

1st step (skippable after 1st rotation if 4th not skipped):
4* Weapon x2 for +30 T-ATK (level) and +10 Ability

2nd step:
4* Weapon x2 for +30 T-ATK (level) and +10 Ability (now +20 Ability)

3rd step:
4* Unit for +15 T-DEF and +5 Ability (now +25 Ability)
3* Furniture x3 for +15 T-DEF (level) and -30 Ability (Now 0 Ability)

4th step (skippable after 1st rotation if 1st not skipped):
4* Unit x2 for +30 T-DEF (level) and +10 Ability (now +10 Ability)

5th step (Level Skip):
Trimate x8 for 32 in both T-DEF (level) and T-ATK (level), Ability goes back to 0

Rinse and repeat, skipping either the 1st or 4th step alternatively. From my calculations, even though I start out with 2 points in both T-DEF and T-ATK after the level skip step, T-DEF should level out to 0 on step 1 (step 2 if step 1 is skipped), and T-ATK should level out to 0 at step 3, ready for the level skip at step 5 again. Can you guys confirm that my strategy will work out?

Slidikins
Sep 19, 2012, 03:03 PM
I'd have to go over your strategy in detail when I get home, but first note is:
Shiftarides are cheaper than Trimates. I'll also post my rotation for T-ATK/T-DEF boosting. It was simple and clean.

gigawuts
Sep 19, 2012, 04:33 PM
Now that my 10k+ damage skybeams tucana has been nerfed into the ground so that it hits for probably less than 1k (fuck you sega rabble rabble), I need a new mag to raise.

I've had a blank mag for a while for when I'd want to raise another one, and this is that time. It'll be a striking mag, mainly damage-oriented, raised specifically for a decently damaging PB - so I'm stuck on either Cygnus or Libra. I'm leaning towards Libra, since PP J is so darn amazing.

So level 30: 10 s-atk, 11 t-atk, 9 abi. That's PP J gotten.
Level 35: 13 s-atk, 11 t-atk, 11 abi. That's Lyra.
Now the fun part. At level 100 it needs to have 40 abi. So, 49 s-atk, 11 t-atk, 40 abi. That's Libra.
Now the funner part! This is supposed to be an s-atk mag, so from here on out it needs to do the level skip stuff. So, final product: 90 s-atk, 11 t-atk, 49 abi. Whee! This mag doesn't actually knock enemies down though, which is half the point of a striking mag. Hm.

Alternatively, I could do that mixed s-def mag I want so my fighter can equip stuff, but the issue I face is I don't want another irritating delphinus. So...I'd level skip delphinus to keep a Lyra. For realsies.

No complex steps here until 99, at which point I'd ideally like 43 s-def.
After that, just level skip until 146, raise to 149, call it quits. I now have a force punch mag with a GOOD s-atk photon blast.

Or I could be patient and wait until the new content before doing anything, and maybe even see if they'll restore SOME s-atk damage to striking subtype mags. I mean, if you've got a tucana you're certainly not super beefing up r-atk, so it only makes sense it gets SOME bonus from s-atk...

finalsecret
Sep 23, 2012, 10:09 AM
my mag=Cepheus (ケフェウス) LV 150 but it wont Evolution and i realize that i add wrong state when after i see forum..HOW I FIX IT !!! T-T even reduce my mag LV or delete my mag!!!Anything also can!!Please Help me!!!:(:(:(:(:(

Slidikins
Sep 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
Finalsecret: I'm a bit confused by your post but here goes:

Mags evolve at Lv30 and Lv100. They do not evolve at Lv150. If you had a Cepheus at Lv149 and ranged was still your highest stat at 150, then you're all set. There's nothing to fix.

If you do want to restart your Mag, though, you can buy a reset ticket for 500 AC. Or you can buy a new Mag for 300 AC. I'm sure either of these tickets are on the player shops for tons of meseta as well. Otherwise, there's no way to reduce your Mag level.

finalsecret
Sep 28, 2012, 09:54 AM
i scare for playing AC...bcs i not from japan,i from malaysia, japan AC chg to malaysia money cost how many per 100 AC??

Slidikins
Sep 28, 2012, 11:44 AM
100 AC = 100 Yen
100 Yen = 3.9302 Malaysian ringgits

At least, that's the conversion rate at this time of posting. If you buy from a site like Sutocorp, you'll be buying AC at an even higher rate (around 125 yen for 100 AC).

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 30, 2012, 08:06 PM
I apologize, I've had a pretty rough week. It's just that seeing criticism of the translations without a thanks, I feel like I'm back at work with my oppressive Japanese boss. orz

Anywho, I don't have time to go through all the Japanese threads, but here's one tidbit.

Mags whose photon blasts depend on the striking stat:

Delphinus, Cygnus, Libra, Cepheus, Tucana, Caelum, Carina, Orion, Crux, Leo

Mags whose photon blasts depend on the ranged stat (i forget what people call it in english)

Corvus

No particular dependent stat:

Monoceros (needs confirmation in my personal opinion)

*There's still no consensus on Orion.

Is this still true?

XionAsuka
Sep 30, 2012, 08:41 PM
Is this still true?

Nope, that bug recently got fixed. All Striking-type Mags now run off S-Attack, Range-type with R-Attack, and Tech-attack with T-Attack and such.

Ability types... I want to say their PB's are based off whatever their hybrid set-up is (Like Corvus is R-attack, Apus is T-attack, ect).

Dark Emerald EXE
Sep 30, 2012, 09:29 PM
Hmmmm now i need to see which PB is more useful between Cepheus and Corvus

I was orginally going to do corvus due to that glitch

41 Range
21 Striking

atm

Reading it on paper Corvus might be better as the PB is more AoE opposed to fan shape like how it seems with Fornax

Any thought on that on which is better between corvus and cepheus?

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 4, 2012, 06:25 PM
Quick question.....idk how it happened but i some how have the same effect on my mag twice?
Is there a way to get rid of it now? Only 70so must of used an item
4/4 atm

Support / HP Support A
Support / Stat Boost J
Support / HP Support A
Support / Invincibility A

Also still debatin whether to do Cepheus or Corvus

right now im
Range Attack 47
Ability 25

I have Fornax right now so if I want Antilia at 95 I can't touch range anymore and get 25 to 48.

Cepheus i can just keep working on range

Recommendation is welcomed :)

Ezodagrom
Oct 10, 2012, 08:07 PM
I had a Caelum, but I decided to change it to Cepheus, I noticed that this in the first post is not correct:

Fornax evolves into Cepheus when its total amount in Ranged stats is greater than the total amount in all remaining stats.The total amount in Ranged stats needs to be higher than either the sum of tech stats and Ability, or higher than the sum of striking stats and Ability. It's possible to get a Cepheus even if the total in Ranged stats is lower than the total of all other stats:

[spoiler-box]http://imageshack.us/a/img14/3139/pso20121010221606001.jpg[/spoiler-box]

As seen in the picture, the total in Ranged stats of my mag is 51, while the total of all other stats is 64.

The same should be true for Delphinus and Monoceros.

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 13, 2012, 01:15 AM
Hmmmm

Dark Emerald EXE
Oct 16, 2012, 11:46 PM
One thing I like about Corvus over Cepheus (providing that it's AI acts exactly the same as Fornax) is that Corvus's PB is rather nice for AoE which alot of time you probably will see more then one...

Only issue I've had with it which unsure if you can pre-control that is it'll target literally w/e in front of it at the time of launch but will AoE around that.....it's not bad thing since it's spread damage but if say you was in a Emergency Code: Duel and the main boss wasn't in range because it moved...kind of a troll haha

Also....if I recall you can buy Invincibility A whichI'm not 100% but I believe I have that now onmy Corvus (Now it has 5 actions just HP Restore is there twice lol)

Crystal_Shard
Oct 17, 2012, 02:51 AM
A quick question for people who have Sato/Lynx Mags. Does the Sato/Lynx affect anything other than appearance?

Also, which Mag Device increases the number of Trigger Actions my Mag can take?

Crystal_Shard
Oct 18, 2012, 01:51 AM
Evolution devices don't change anything but appearance, methinks. I would copy and paste the Japanese name for the slot adding device, but I'm on a phone. See the mag device list in my guide. It's there.

Ok, I was pretty certain they didn't change anything aside from appearance, but I wanted to be sure before starting on my new mag.

Found it. I was under the impression that it was a Fun Scratch item or something but it being an AC Scratch item may be a little troublesome. Guess I should check the shops later, and/or see if I was lucky enough to get one from one of my lottery drawings.

Exiled_Gundam
Oct 18, 2012, 04:29 AM
Ok, I was pretty certain they didn't change anything aside from appearance, but I wanted to be sure before starting on my new mag.

Found it. I was under the impression that it was a Fun Scratch item or something but it being an AC Scratch item may be a little troublesome. Guess I should check the shops later, and/or see if I was lucky enough to get one from one of my lottery drawings.
Hmm Sato Mag is from the Premium Package, while for Lynx Mag you need to trade several AC items at Recycle Shop. Which mean both of them are not in any Scratch

Crystal_Shard
Oct 18, 2012, 05:13 AM
Hmm Sato Mag is from the Premium Package, while for Lynx Mag you need to trade several AC items at Recycle Shop. Which mean both of them are not in any Scratch

Ack, should have made it more clear that I was referring to the add trigger action device for mags, not the evolution devices. I do have a Sato mag cell myself after all. :3 Also, the lynx mag comes from the AC scratch, not the recycle shop. That 's the rappy mag cell.

rubykid15
Nov 4, 2012, 03:07 PM
So am I reading this correctly? A Carina has a level skip ability?

Or is it the term for the whole process of leveling a mag in general?

I keep seeing the whole "I have a my Carina level skip mag".

KronoXr
Feb 13, 2013, 05:07 PM
I am REALLY hoping I can get Apus. I am at a pure 51 as the ABL/Skill mag (Antlia). I saw this from this guide:

"Antlia evolves into Apus when the Tech stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.
Photon Blast: Julius Nifta (ユリウス・ニフタ)"

I'm just a tad confused by the language used to describe the process. In otherwords, what do?

Edit: Let me bit specific: I know level the ABL stat to 95, but with the tech stat part.... yeah what do?

Maronji
Feb 13, 2013, 05:15 PM
I am REALLY hoping I can get Apus. I am at a pure 51 as the ABL/Skill mag (Antlia). I saw this from this guide:

"Antlia evolves into Apus when the Tech stats are the dominant stats. However, for this to happen it must reach level 95 as an Antlia, meaning that until level 95, the dominant stat must be Ability.
Photon Blast: Julius Nifta (ユリウス・ニフタ)"

I'm just a tad confused by the language used to describe the process. In otherwords, what do?

Edit: Let me bit specific: I know level the ABL stat to 95, but with the tech stat part.... yeah what do?

Trust me, you're good on ABL if I read that right and you have literally 51 ABL on your mag.

ABL just has to be the highest stat by then (so you can stay locked to the ABL mag tree), which can be done with as little as 48. Then, you just boost the crap out of T-ATK/DEF until that passes ABL and then *BAM* Apus.

KronoXr
Feb 13, 2013, 05:40 PM
Okay if I don't need to feed it PA discs anymore then sweet so is there an item to feed it that is easy to get that can increase only Tech-ATK and Tech-DEF? because I want those stats half and half. I will work out the difference down the line.

blace
Feb 13, 2013, 05:48 PM
I can't remember which it is, but I think trimates raised both T-ATK and T-DEf by slight margin. You're better off feeding it weapons and units.

Maronji
Feb 13, 2013, 05:56 PM
I can't remember which it is, but I think trimates raised both T-ATK and T-DEf by slight margin. You're better off feeding it weapons and units.

Shiftaride/Debanride do this for half the price, though you can only carry 5 of each, and that's two extra item spaces you don't have available to you when leveling.

Basically, going off what blace suggested, you should focus on one first (preferably T-ATK, using weapons), popping few Trimates/one of the -rides before ABL levels up and continue to do this until you reach your target T-ATK. Then do the same with T-DEF (using rear(?) units). You don't want to try to raise both at the same time because weapons drop their respective defenses (e.g. Tech weapons drop T-DEF) and vice-versa (but they never de-level, so don't worry about that).

KronoXr
Feb 14, 2013, 09:06 AM
Thank you guys for the help! One thing though. so, if my mag's ABL is at 51, then it's T-ATK/T-DEF stats combined must equal 52 to get Apus, which means a mag level of 103. I'm pretty sure you can go above 100, right?

Edit: *looks a couple pages back* yeah I guess you can.

Oh, and Blace, you are right, Trimates do a decent level up on both T-ATK/DEF from 0 until it takes twice the amount (I can't remember exactly when). I'll use Trimates first until they start being slow, because, simply put, stacks are nice. XD

Maronji
Feb 15, 2013, 09:47 AM
I am trying to raise a Ranger Mag by feeding it ranger weaps. R stats rise but the DEX rises as well. Is it possible to lower this DEX or does it just come with the raising and cant be stopped?

Dimates, arm units (not so much if R-DEF isn't your target), and 5* room items would be your best bets.

AzureIceLordCharino
Jun 26, 2013, 04:56 PM
When I got my mag to lvl 130, it swiched from Cygnus to Libra.If you need it's current stats it is:
Striking=lvl 54
Ranged=lvl 11
Tech=lvl 5
Dext=lvl 49
S-Def=lvl 3
R-Def=lvl 1
T-Def=lvl 8

Lumpen Thingy
Jun 26, 2013, 05:11 PM
When I got my mag to lvl 130, it swiched from Cygnus to Libra.If you need it's current stats it is:
Striking=lvl 54
Ranged=lvl 11
Tech=lvl 5
Dext=lvl 49
S-Def=lvl 3
R-Def=lvl 1
T-Def=lvl 8

your mag is fubared dude

kitty103090
Aug 24, 2013, 12:59 AM
I have a level 113 Tucana mag 6-51-1-46-3-2-4 , but the thing is, I wanted the Cepheus one, have I royally screwed up, or is there a way to fix my mistake?

Maninbluejumpsuit
Aug 24, 2013, 03:43 AM
I have a level 113 Tucana mag 6-51-1-46-3-2-4 , but the thing is, I wanted the Cepheus one, have I royally screwed up, or is there a way to fix my mistake?

Your ranged attack+def needs to be at least a total of 88.

Shayuna
Sep 6, 2013, 03:14 PM
hey guys my stats are

how i must go to get apsu ?

this shit mag calculator dont work... i do what i need for apsu, sometimes apsu get , sometimes kurukusu or orion.... and i do the same... i lvl up first tech on 28 and then i give abl 2 more, then tech 2 more .... and at lvl 100 it transform to apsu but it didnt.. sometimes irion, kurukusu, rare apsu and i dont know why, i do the same....