PDA

View Full Version : Megid

Ysi
Jul 6, 2012, 10:58 AM
Earlier today I notice that there was an animation I hadn't recognized before while doing Hard City. Someone was firing off dark purple orbs that would impact on the monsters and explode. For a second, I thought it was a player's mag. But I happened to actually catch the FO charging up the technique and firing it off at the mobs. And this definitely wasn't an npc, there was no symbol next to their name.

JP wiki has no new information on their technique page. Does anyone have ANY idea at all how to obtain this? Were there any new npcs introduced in the latest patch? Or perhaps maybe a matter board reward?

Omega-z
Jul 6, 2012, 12:47 PM
The only one that has the tech is the Mag, But could be a rare drop form Tundra perhaps? It is listed in the line up for content but was listed later but maybe they ninja'd it in?

Mizunos
Jul 6, 2012, 01:27 PM
JP wiki did not list it as a NPC present, however they added some values up to lv.5. I don't get why they would make up these values, could be a rare drop, or your eyes playing tricks on you.

Ysi
Jul 6, 2012, 06:23 PM
JP wiki did not list it as a NPC present, however they added some values up to lv.5. I don't get why they would make up these values, could be a rare drop, or your eyes playing tricks on you.

Definitely not my eyes playing tricks on me. FO had a purple shadowy circle shine before firing off a shadowy ball. I could not possibly be the only person who has seen anyone cast megid? I hope its not THAT rare. Does add a little novelty to FO techniques though..

gigawuts
Jul 6, 2012, 06:43 PM
I MOST DEFINITELY heard the megid sound a couple times in a game, and there were a ton of forces around, but I didn't actually see the attack. I know that sound though, so either something new uses it or it's megid.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 6, 2012, 07:20 PM
yeah, i saw a guy in a JP party i was with spamming megid everywhere and i was like MEGIDDO!?!??

and he ignored my surprise.

Asuni
Jul 6, 2012, 08:39 PM
I hope there is megid :o

Ueno54
Jul 6, 2012, 09:02 PM
Ohh. I'll go back to playing my force if they're adding new techs!

ps0k1d
Jul 7, 2012, 06:01 PM
Hey guys! Just thought i would hop in and say i can confirm Megid. I saw it being used last night in Tundra.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j5xwgj&s=6
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24g1ulu&s=6
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cgy3j9&s=6

The force that was using it was spamming it everywhere. Really a cool tech. However they were a JP player and even using google translate, i wasn't able to figure out how they got it.

Ysi
Jul 7, 2012, 06:32 PM
I knew I seent it! And thats the same exact FO that I saw casting it

Ueno54
Jul 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
Is it just a damage attack now? I want it to be a semi useless instant death attack for nostalgias sake.

ps0k1d
Jul 7, 2012, 07:12 PM
Yeah it looked as if it was doing some heavy splash damage, kind of like Foie. But it hits most enemies with poison as well.

Vashyron
Jul 7, 2012, 07:20 PM
Next time you see this guy or someone else using Megid inspect his PAs.

I half suspect this may have been gotten by a NPC, like how you get Grants and Gigrants from Maloo. As I've progressed trough the story I've unlocked 1 new partner NPC so far, Furie. (Orange RAcaseal if you've seen her randomly.)

I wouldn't be surprised if a later NPC you unlock gives it as a gift like Maloo.

Mizunos
Jul 7, 2012, 07:21 PM
Now to figure out where it actually drops... given that player shops have none for sale, it could be a (very) rare drop from city area or an unsellable npc gift. Or... yeah, well.

holmwood
Jul 7, 2012, 07:54 PM
Now to figure out where it actually drops... given that player shops have none for sale, it could be a (very) rare drop from city area or an unsellable npc gift. Or... yeah, well.

People may just not want to sell it. XD

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 7, 2012, 08:36 PM
i don't see it as a new disc that comes from any of the new missions, so my assumption is that it comes from completing matter boards and possibly a story quest related to them.

Vashyron
Jul 7, 2012, 08:44 PM
By the way, the guy mainly responsible for the English patch says the game doesn't even have a Icon or Name for it yet. Which brings into question if the tech was obtained unlegitimately, was released before it's time, or obtained by a glitch.

Ysi
Jul 7, 2012, 09:38 PM
By the way, the guy mainly responsible for the English patch says the game doesn't even have a Icon or Name for it yet. Which brings into question if the tech was obtained unlegitimately, was released before it's time, or obtained by a glitch.

I hope im not this excited over some hacked out spell. :/

gigawuts
Jul 7, 2012, 09:43 PM
Ha ha ha, could it be that only the wicked players are getting megid?

Yeah, it's disappointing that it's not the silly useless at low levels but silly awesome at high levels instadeath megid. I guess forces weren't good enough against bosses, so they had to get a poison tech too.

Omega-z
Jul 7, 2012, 10:49 PM
ps0k1d - you said that you figure'd out how he had gotten it. We all would be greatful if you could rely your info on how you come by a awesome tech.:rappy:

HFlowen
Jul 7, 2012, 10:59 PM
Is it just a damage attack now? I want it to be a semi useless instant death attack for nostalgias sake.

Depends on how far back you wanna go for nostalgia. Meggido was an explosion fueled by pure anger in the old Phantasy Star games.

Vashyron
Jul 7, 2012, 11:02 PM
It's been an poisoning attack (Well Virus) since PSP2.

ps0k1d
Jul 7, 2012, 11:40 PM
ps0k1d - you said that you figure'd out how he had gotten it. We all would be greatful if you could rely your info on how you come by a awesome tech.:rappy:

Sorry I miss typed, meant to say that I wasn't able to figure it out. I am still looking into how to get it though and will keep you updated.

JeyKama
Jul 8, 2012, 03:48 AM
You do get more Partner Cards as you continue the story missions, and they do give out PAs (I've gotten Concentrate One and Cracker Bullet from the the Chapter 3 NPC Furie) One of them Light is a FO, so.............................................

Arika
Jul 8, 2012, 04:06 AM
He is trying to show off everywhere then!

elken1996
Jul 8, 2012, 04:48 AM
He is trying to show off everywhere then!

Well he did say it came from a new FO NPC :D

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 8, 2012, 06:50 AM
Hey guys! Just thought i would hop in and say i can confirm Megid. I saw it being used last night in Tundra.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2j5xwgj&s=6
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=24g1ulu&s=6
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2cgy3j9&s=6

The force that was using it was spamming it everywhere. Really a cool tech. However they were a JP player and even using google translate, i wasn't able to figure out how they got it.

did he answer you? i didnt see him say anything(had some lag though)

ps0k1d
Jul 8, 2012, 11:25 AM
So it looks as if this JP wiki has stats for Megid up to level 5, doesn't say anything about how to get it though.

http://tinyurl.com/6qlo3kt

Mizunos
Jul 8, 2012, 12:02 PM
so i've finished the 5th matterboard, unlocked Aki and Light and S ranked 30 times with both. Aki gave me the usual once-every-5-runs gift, whereas Light gave me absolutely nothing.

Serafii
Jul 8, 2012, 12:04 PM
I have finished all of matter board 5 and maxxed out rep with all 3 new npcs light and autumn. Light dose not seem to give you anything at all while autumn gives you a bunch of junk. The only things I have not done is 1 event listed in matter board five thats the last dot and on the second part of the story quest for 5 I am stuck I seem to get the same ending every time so my story 5 mission is half complete. He may give it to you at the end of all this.

If anyone knows how to complete mission 5 part 2 let me know so I can confirm or deny its existence for obtaining it without hax.

Mizunos
Jul 8, 2012, 12:12 PM
I have finished all of matter board 5 and maxxed out rep with all 3 new npcs light and autumn. Light dose not seem to give you anything at all while autumn gives you a bunch of junk. The only things I have not done is 1 event listed in matter board five thats the last dot and on the second part of the story quest for 5 I am stuck I seem to get the same ending every time so my story 5 mission is half complete. He may give it to you at the end of all this.

If anyone knows how to complete mission 5 part 2 let me know so I can confirm or deny its existence for obtaining it without hax.
You have to kill the Briahda on the first map and the 2 El Ardas a bit further away. that'll lead you to chapter 4 The Scientist's State. Light still doesn't give anything after clearing the quest though.