PDA

View Full Version : All your Egg Blaster are been duped by them!

Jaiden
Mar 5, 2001, 06:55 PM
What you say? Make your sense. All your Egg Blaster are been duped by them!

The duping problem has gotten way of control. Only a few days ago no body had ever heard of the Egg Blaster or Spread Needle and now... Everybody has one...

Even if you are a legitimate trader, i.e. you always trade your items straight across and never dupe anything, chances are, if you have any traded for any of these rare items, even from people you know or trust, they ultimlately originated from a duper.

After reaching 100th level, I decided to continue playing, rather than starting over with a new character, because I wanted to accumulate rare items and search for things that people have never seen before.

More specifically, I was dreaming of the day when I fould the Opa-opa heart.

Someone I had talked to knew I was looking for this mag cell. Well, a few hours later I met up with him again, and what do you know, he handed me a Level 999 Opa-Opa mag.

Oh my God I was so pissed. I went on a rampage. I went onto the Oberon 6 server (lots a spamming/trading there) and mouthed off at all the dupers. I made a complete ass of myself, but I loved every minute of it. I was behind enemy lines and I was invincible.

One guy name DopeBoy was spamming the lobby "Tell me how to dup please!" over and over again. Finally I gave in and told him exactly what to do. I even joined his game and gave him step by step instructions.

But I lied. I played a little practical joke on him. I didn't show him how to dup his items. I showed him how to delete EVERYTHING in his inventory.

I told him he needed a password protected game, and that he needed remove everything from the stock room and set it on the ground. In order this to work, the stock room has to be empty.

The next step, then, was to remove quit the game and remove the memory before it could save. Then log on immediately and reconnect to the game he was in. I told him because of the amount of items on the floor, the server would be "lagged" just long enough for him to get back in. I told him if he didn't do it quickly enough, everything would be erased.

What happened after that I can only guess. The user never came back into the lobby, where I was waiting to hear the news. I can only imagine that his suprise when he discovered that he had nothing left.

I couldn't believe what I just did. It was the meanest thing I've ever done to anyone! I can't explain why, but it was fun. I guess I felt vindicated.

I know. Two wrongs to not make a right. But damnit maybe I tought him a lesson. Maybe I helped the duping problem by not adding to it. Who knows...

Sega is doing anything about the problem (yet) so I will.

Manny
Mar 5, 2001, 07:05 PM
Him just asking how to dupe justified it.
Live on vigilante!

Velga
Mar 5, 2001, 07:17 PM
Maybey you should just dupe all your stuff then delete the saves lol. Thatd be a way to releive some tension huh? Yeah i hate these duping fools too. Wow i just found a good item maybey i should make a million copies of it so this once rare item is in everyones inventory x 10 =D!

Loden
Mar 5, 2001, 07:37 PM
Wow. Maybe if you just went to a game and talked some sense into the guy. You didn't steal from him no but my god was it necessary to possibly destroy his invested game hours by yanking the VMU (this has happened to many people)

Not sure if you even could've motivated a guy like that or turned him from duping but a failed attempt in my opinion would've been better that what you did.

Result: You had fun and this guys items and possibly his invested hours were ruined. All because he wanted to know how to dupe.

Giving instructions to corrupt your file is far worse than living with people who dupe items. Granted he had to be green enough to follow those instructions.

Just not something I would be proud of.

What happens when he goes back to his board and says nasty things about you? Just because you've found a home in a message board where cheating and duping isn't supported, doesn't give you the right to ruin other peoples games. Because dupers do not ruin our game. But corrupting game files does.

I just hope it made you veerrrrrry happy because you are the only person who has gotten any happiness out of that action. I mean, so what! he wants to dupe an item. Don't play or trade with dupers. It wasn't necessary to take that kind of action. Just play the game, have fun and leave things like this to SEGA for the next release.

I'm not gonna sit here and make comparisons to real life situations but you obviously see where this could head if someone were to do that. If you post here then I'm sure you understand the wrong in what you've done especially if this person just lost all of their invested game hours by no having an corrupted file. What's worse, a person who steals items, an item whore, a duper, or a person who gives you instructions with the intent to destroy your items, your game file or both?

Loden