PDA

View Full Version : Guide Friend Partner System Tips

elken1996
Jul 8, 2012, 04:39 AM
For people who don't know how to register as a friend partner refer to the link below:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-friend-partners/

The main point of this thread is teaching you how to set which skill,item,weapon of your partner will use. However you can't set it without the cooperation of your friend.Of course your friend must register as a friend partner as well.

1.How to summon your friend as a partner:
-Press E on the "i" icon keyboard in the Room after u accept a mission and chose the Second option
http://i.imgur.com/730At.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Dj3LX.jpg

2.How to set your friend partner weapon/skills:
-Your friend must be the one who set it and he must set its weapon or skill in the first option in the Weapon-Palette.
http://i.imgur.com/iBEh5.jpg

3.How to set your friend partner skill and items:
-Same as above you friend must set it in the first option of Sub-Palette. Your friend partner will use everything accordingly to what your friend set.Therefore if you wan your friend partner to use only one best attacking skill, your friend only can set one attacking skill either in the weapon or sub pallete.
http://i.imgur.com/DTitD.jpg

4.Advantage of summon friend partner:
-You can earn 2 FUN point for each partner you summon and clear a mission together Once a day.
-They have more skill compare to NPC partner

5.When will your friend partner use skill or item:
-When you remain stationary your partner will cast buffering skill
-When your partner hp is low he/her will cast healing skill or healing pot

6.The registration of partner is actually a save machine.You have to register again when you change armor/weapon/item/skill used.Vice versa for your friend.

7.Which partner friend job or weapon you should chose?
-I personally prefer:
1.HU-Wired Lance with the hook and swinging skill(I don't know the skill name)
2.FO-With only Gigrants(Light attack AoE Skill),healing,buffering skills
3.HU-Partisan with the slashing wave skill(I don't know the skill name)

Sry for my poor English hope these tips could help you in game

IceBlink
Jul 10, 2012, 06:10 PM
Hrm, I didn't realise about the subpalette thing. I always thought hunters and rangers automatically get a recharge monomate/dimate drink on a timer, and forces get resta automatically. Are you saying when saved, it will have a basic copy of the items as well? So if I was to save my hunter with say:

Monomate x10, Dimate x10, Trimate x10, Star Atomizer x5, Sol Atomizer x10
Fury Stance, Guard Stance, Shifta drink x5, Deband drink x5, Photon Blast

It would have all of the following each time it's summoned? How about stuff like Gears? Does the NPC inherit that as well?

Rowe
Jul 10, 2012, 11:46 PM
Hm, I'm not sure. I don't know that it actually remembers your entire inventory, and I seriously doubt things like the hospital counter drinks would get saved. It does save your weapons and units exactly, with all affixes and grindings carried over, and it even remembers what pieces of armor you have set as 'hidden,' though this won't be reflected in the "Check Friend Partner Status" window.

To determine what weapon your Friend Partner NPC uses, set that weapon to #1 in your palette. Set only PAs you want on that weapon. Then, apparently, if you set the same weapon to another slot and put PAs on that, those PAs can be used too. I've never seen a partner NPC switch weapons.

If you set spells or items in the sub-palette, they'll get used too. I don't know if it keeps track of how many of the item you have, but just setting them there seems to be enough. I've seen mates be used, as well as Sol Atomizers, but never Moons. Downed NPCs will never revive you, but they will self-revive by 'buying' a Scape Doll after you leave them dead for too long.

There are other things I still really want to know about though. When you set your character's personality, what do those things do? I'm an "intellectual that likes difficult situations and CASTs" but I have no idea what gameplay effects that has. Also, do your auto-chat presets carry over too? I have no idea.

IndigoNovember
Jul 11, 2012, 12:58 AM
Auto-words are indeed saved. Add some to flesh out your friend partner ^_^ .

gaogaostegosaurus
Jul 11, 2012, 01:15 AM
From what I know, friend partners will actually use every single ability in the weapon palette. However, they're limited to only the first weapon. I set stuff to the 4, 5, and 6 bars and my character (Force) continued to cast those spells when my friend summoned me. (So I presume you can have a partner use 18 different PAs, since that many exists and everything, as long as they're from the same weapon.)

You'll only have access to things on the first sub palette though. For all intents and purposes, friend partners have infinite amounts of them and will use them generously under the right conditions, so make sure Star Atomizers and Deband/Shifta items are set (and maybe even unset mono/dimates because then you can force them to use more powerful items). As a result, you can actually even have a Hunter support partner. I'm guessing this from a random JP partner I picked up which seems to spam the things whenever someone gets dinged.

As far as I know, only the last category should have any real affect on the behavior of the partners, although as you said, it's anyone's guess as to what most of them actually do. I favor people who set the 回復somethingsomething one (healing) because partner damage sucks but their heals are usually pretty good (and I think items don't get nerfed at all). Also saves money, lol.

Edit: Apparently they have quite a few of them well-described on the JP Wiki here: http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E3%83%95%E3%83%AC%E3%83%B3%E3%83%89%E3% 83%91%E3%83%BC%E3%83%88%E3%83%8A%E3%83%BC
Basically, the first one does nothing as far as anyone knows (flavor?), the second one describes their movement/actions under certain circumstances (morning, night, red HP, teammates with low HP, monster types, etc), and the last is kind-of their specialty (what they tend to do more often than other types). Which isn't really new information, but apparently people are in the process of figuring it out. lol

Edit 2: New computer install, PSO2 is patching. So I'm going to translate this list.
I dunno where most of this info is from, but it makes sense at least.

Under 特性 (Special Characteristics):

朝型 (Morning person) Extra movement from 6AM to 6PM. (The word for "movement" here, I don't know if they mean just moving or actions in general. Also, dunno if it's in-game or JST.)
夜型 (Night person) Same as above, but from 6PM to 6AM.
晴れ好き (Likes fair weather) More movement during clear weather.
曇り好き (Likes cloudy weather) More movement during cloudy weather

逆境好き (Enjoys adversity) More movement at red HP.
スロースターター (Slow starter) Increases movement over time.
さびしがり屋 (Lonely) Will stick to teammates.
ツンデレ (Tsundere) Greater chance of healing at low HP.

The rest (狙い) ones seem to basically say which they tend to prioritize.

大型狙い Large things.
小型狙い Small things.
ダーカー狙い Darkers,
原生狙い Natives.
メカ狙い Mecha. (Robots, I assume.)
龍族狙い Dragon(oids).

Under 特殊補正 (Special... uh, Focus? The word means like adjustment or something.)
I'm not in agreement with two of them at all which makes me wonder a little about the rest.

起死回生 (Revival) Wiki says "Uses star atomizers more often," but see healing support below.
臨戦態勢 (Prepared for battle) It says they will walk around with weapons out.
徹底防御 (Complete defense)
激昂 (Enraged)
復活支援 (Healing support) Wiki says "Uses moon atomizers more often," but I'm pretty sure it's wrong. lol
コンディションマスター (Condition Master) Will attempt to keep you at normal status/full health. (Reported in comments.)

ヒューマン好き Likes Humans (Nothing is written here, but I'm guessing it can be assumed that they will pay more attention to this particular race.)
キャスト好き Likes Casts
ニューマン好き Likes Newmans
オトコ好き Likes guys
オンナ好き Likes girls

Rizen
Jul 11, 2012, 06:38 AM
I'm going to experiment with this a bit. I'm interested in seeing how effective a Partner NPC can be given the right set up...

IndigoNovember
Jul 11, 2012, 12:26 PM
Thanks for the effect translations. I always wondered what making your Friend Partner a tsundere did XD .

RocSage
Jul 11, 2012, 12:39 PM
Personally I have my character set to;
Reckless
Attack Big Mobs
Ready for War

Don't know what it does but I'm pretty sure it makes my NPC a bit of a psycho.

Also there is a limit to the amount of "FUN" points you can earn. It is something like 12 friends that you can get FUN points with and then no mores.

PhayGoat
Jul 17, 2013, 07:56 AM
thanks for translation man. I'll have to try some combinations out. I HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM, when I made my partner i didn't realise how tiny she was! she is less than half the size of me. Does anyone know if there is a way to change it without paying or a way to start fresh?

Acel
Jul 17, 2013, 08:08 AM
The number of mates your Friend Partner AI will have depends on how many you have in your inventory when you set it on the subpalette (1). If you set between 0-5, the AI will have a limit of 5. If you set more than 5, the AI will use exactly the amount you have. In any case, you can always go back to the ship to unsummon and resummon them to restock.

Also, EVERY single character trait affects how the AI behaves despite what the PS2 dengeki magazine says and I have done a lot of testing to back it up.

Its really easy. Just pick 3 AI partners with the same class and same settings for the 2nd and 3rd option (very easy since many people picked the same) with only the first character trait that is different. Run around in forest Hard (minimum to see the difference/effectiveness of each) and let them do their stuff. Observe if they do the same things. You will see that some settings will make the AI run in a straight line towards the mob and some straft around before going to the sides or back WHEN THEY ATTACK.

Dont believe me? Try it.

Thienien
Jul 25, 2015, 05:26 PM
I can't take my gear off my partner i accidentally gave her an aura what do i do?

Perfect Chaos
Jul 25, 2015, 06:49 PM
Don't bump a two-year-old thread, especially when there's a newer thread with better information on it.

And to answer your question: just re-register your partner character with the updated gear.

TaigaUC
Jul 25, 2015, 09:27 PM
I think he's asking about Support Partners, not Friend Partners.

Click the bottom button on the equip screen, it deequips.
See my Support Partner guide for more info.

Gankfest
Nov 15, 2015, 12:58 PM
-When you remain stationary your partner will cast buffering skill

Completely untrue... Teachers and Forces will cast Atk/Def Up during boss fights while moving around. On average they cast buff skills at the worst possible times, and cast heals at the most useless times.

-When your partner hp is low he/her will cast healing skill or healing pot

Lol no they don't... They sit there and do nothing while watching you die, and probably laughing in the background. Trying to get an NPC to heal is so fail; I don't even rely on it anymore. I just bring a full load of Mono's, Di/Trimates, and just heal myself. Only reason I bring a healer is to keep the rest of the NPC's alive... I've even sat at half health with no enemies around, and takes a NPC healer 1 - 2 min to heal me up, and 80% health they don't even bother. Guild Wars henchmen used to be the worst healing NPC's, but PSO2 raised the bar on that one.

With that being said, haven't had to many problems with other classes; other than being a RNG and bringing melee NPC's. I have to get too close for them to attack, but just bring all range now.

jooozek
Nov 15, 2015, 01:44 PM
Completely untrue... Teachers and Forces will cast Atk/Def Up during boss fights while moving around. On average they cast buff skills at the worst possible times, and cast heals at the most useless times.

Lol no they don't... They sit there and do nothing while watching you die, and probably laughing in the background. Trying to get an NPC to heal is so fail; I don't even rely on it anymore. I just bring a full load of Mono's, Di/Trimates, and just heal myself. Only reason I bring a healer is to keep the rest of the NPC's alive... I've even sat at half health with no enemies around, and takes a NPC healer 1 - 2 min to heal me up, and 80% health they don't even bother. Guild Wars henchmen used to be the worst healing NPC's, but PSO2 raised the bar on that one.

With that being said, haven't had to many problems with other classes; other than being a RNG and bringing melee NPC's. I have to get too close for them to attack, but just bring all range now.

congratulations on denying what was true as of the date of original post :wacko:

Gankfest
Nov 15, 2015, 08:12 PM
congratulations on denying what was true as of the date of original post :wacko:

Brought some melee ones today to check them out again; because it has been so long. Pretty useless when they don't attack half the mobs. Even if they're non flying units, they just stand there. Why I stick to only ranged dps... lol