PDA

View Full Version : Worth buying in the short term ?

S1m0n
Jul 8, 2012, 09:39 AM
Hi guys im new to this forum and im glad i found it :)

anyways need some help.

I originally had psp and psp2 on my PSP but traded my unit in with games just before the vita come out so i could get a good price .

anyways I expected a whole load of games to be compatible via PSN but how wrong I was and now I cant play atleast 5 or 6 game i loved on my psp on my vita :(

Do you guys think its worth buying a cheap second hand psp so i can get my phantasy star portable 2 fix ? or do you think sega will see the light and put psp2 back on the psn store or atleast the updated psp2i english version ?

anythoughts would be helpfull.

MaxVdub
Jul 8, 2012, 11:54 AM
haha psp2i isnt going to get an english translation dude

Xaton
Jul 8, 2012, 01:08 PM
cold bird is working on translation slowly But i dohope it gets localized even if just digital download.

AsuravonD
Jul 8, 2012, 02:07 PM
Sega hasn't made a translation, however Devifoxx made a translation of psp2i and it's on this section of the forums. Coldbird's patch has been halted for awhile now, and waiting for it when there's already a translation available is a waste of time imo. As for the PSP problem, should you go through w/ it, get a psp3000 and make sure everything works before leaving the store I guess.

S1m0n
Jul 8, 2012, 06:39 PM
Sorry I just noticed my mistake I meant to say was do you think they will make an English version of psp2i and release it.

If I can pick up a cheap psp then I'll jump on psp2 again :) , I just can't believe how so many games are not on the psn store ready to play on the vita :(

S1m0n
Jul 11, 2012, 08:22 AM
Well I managed to get a good psp 3000 with 3 games form£50 and ordered psp2.

Can I ask is psp2i on the Japan psn ? And does it work on the vita ) ?

Sara-hime
Jul 11, 2012, 09:16 AM
It's on JP PSN, but at this time, no for Vita compatibility. And Sony Japan is pretty much more on top of PSP -> Vita compatibility than Sony America (especially with discounts for owning the disc for some games), so it could be compatible sooner than later. But for now, enjoy it on a PSP! ^_^