PDA

View Full Version : Ship 10 Assistant

D.9
Jul 8, 2012, 09:13 PM
Hello to everyone who's made Ship 10 your home!

This thread is directed to players who are new to the game as a whole, having difficulty navigating the UI, having some trouble figuring things out, aren't sure what they're supposed to do,or just have questions in general.

Everyone HATES asking questions, but sometimes it's the only option to get where you need to go, especially when there's a language barrier involved.

I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have regarding the game, and provide any assistance that you might need to aid in your progression.

If I'm playing I can be found in Block 22, on Ship 10, my name is Data9

I tend to stay clear of Block 20 as it can get a little bit... Busy... To say the least.

So feel free to message me via PM on here, or hunt me down in game!

triad.spacefight
Jul 8, 2012, 09:43 PM
I have so many I don't even know where to start.

But first off, how do you get different pieces of armor? I've seen a TON of weapons drops but very few actual armor pieces.

D.9
Jul 8, 2012, 09:52 PM
The armor drops certainly seem less common than weapon drops especially early on, though later I believe it to be a little closer to a 1:1 as far as drop rate.

There's no specific way to the best of my knowledge, to farm armor it's primarily luck of the draw. Though the blue chests are guaranteed to hold a piece of armor or a sweet little robot that will explode in your face and give you a status ailment.

triad.spacefight
Jul 8, 2012, 09:57 PM
Alright. That's good to know. I'm only level 5 so I'm sure it's just random.

Two more for you:

1) House, I bought a plant for one due to having extra cash from using force healing instead of monomates, but I have no clue where said house is or if I even have a place for my poor plant to go.

2) As a force, are we stuck with 100 PP or are there stat boosters for this? Getting only 3 casts of lighting before running out and having to recharge is going to get old fast.

D.9
Jul 8, 2012, 09:58 PM
Oh and of course players shops are always a sure bet if you have some meseta to spare.

D.9
Jul 8, 2012, 10:08 PM
1) House, I bought a plant for one due to having extra cash from using force healing instead of monomates, but I have no clue where said house is or if I even have a place for my poor plant to go.

To the best of my knowledge the only players with access to houses are those who have purchased the in game currency AC. You may recall seeing (I believe it's a red diamond with AC written within) next to certain options on various menus. These are things that can only be accessed by purchasing AC, in many cases the equivalent to paying for a monthly subscription (Many of the features last 30, 60 or 90 days.)

2) As a force, are we stuck with 100 PP or are there stat boosters for this? Getting only 3 casts of lighting before running out and having to recharge is going to get old fast.

There are definitely pieces of gear that increase the MAX PP, though not by an amount quite as exponential as most Force might like. Typically the flow of combat is Cast Spells > Attack to Regen PP > Cast Spells.

I'm going to assume you know that you can charge your spells to maximize damage, (by holding the spells key// button.) Another good trick is to play in, or switch to "Z" while casting. It can take some getting used to but it will allow you to maximize your damage in the long run. Z gives you an FPS Style aimer to shoot your spells, and with some practice, you will be able to consistantly hit multiple targets with a single spell, or hit enemies weak points.

triad.spacefight
Jul 8, 2012, 10:24 PM
I did not know about the Z to go into FPS mode. That's a good thing to know. I'm comfortable with shooters so I'm sure I'll be fine.

Did know about the charging, typically I end up Charge Lightning/Chain Attack Group x3 - Back off and start throwing cards - Rinse/Repeat.

Sucks about the house but I probably will end up giving Sega some cash so they can see it would be profitable to at least translate this game. :)