PDA

View Full Version : Question

HaLLa
Mar 25, 2003, 12:56 AM
I was playing Multi with my bro. I made a character on the 2nd memory card and used him as a TEMP character. I switched memory cards and was trying to use him by himself and he is level 1 with nothing at all. I thought crap I got corrupted....but I went to multi again and hes still a temp character. I went on him and tried MOVE TO B or whatever and it said there is a diff character or somethign. How do I fix this? THanks

Alena Zouryx
Mar 25, 2003, 11:01 AM
Um...I sort of dont understand what you're saying. If you tried to go to single-player when he was still a temp character, I think you've lost him for good. Sowwy.. ;_;

Zeebo
Mar 25, 2003, 11:26 AM
Wait.. Please rephrase that... (confused)

Thumbalina2k
Mar 25, 2003, 11:38 AM
its cool, i know what he is talking about http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif This happened to me once. You're basically screwed. There is no way to get that character back to your memory card, it should have an exact copy of him on yours except without everything (this happened when i 1st tried to play with my bro-in-law) you will lose all of your items and stuff you have, except they will still be in the temp character spot. This temp character will still have all the armor, weps, mags, stuff like that. The easy way to do it is to get online on a different cube (or use someone you trust) and transfer the item from your temp character, give items to friend, come back on as char u screwed up on.

muff
Mar 25, 2003, 12:40 PM
He He this happened to my friends char today, all i did was, load both up, transfer the items over to the one on that wasnt temp, then u got got urself a temparary char (if u choose to keep it) to mess about with, this being an exact clone of the char.

Whatley
Mar 25, 2003, 01:12 PM
On 2003-03-25 08:38, Thumbalina2k wrote:
The easy way to do it is to get online on a different cube (or use someone you trust) and transfer the item from your temp character, give items to friend, come back on as char u screwed up on.

You don't have to go online to transfer items. Just start a multiplayer game with the characters that you want give and receive items with. Plus you can't go online with temp characters. You have to start a multiplayer game to have access to the temp characters.

MonkeyFunky
Mar 25, 2003, 01:33 PM
but what happens to the temp character on memory card 1?

how does one get rid of it? is there a delete function, or will this always be a temp character???

since, memory card 2 already has a stripped-down "CLONE" saved in the original spot, the temp on mem card 1 can't be returned??? awww, man!

R

Sashi
Mar 25, 2003, 02:17 PM
There is a delete to remove temp characters.

Whatley
Mar 25, 2003, 02:25 PM
On 2003-03-25 10:33, MonkeyFunky wrote:
but what happens to the temp character on memory card 1?

how does one get rid of it? is there a delete function, or will this always be a temp character???

I know that it will stay in the slot. I haven't tried to delete the one I have in my temp slot. I am using it as storage.

But I think you can delete it by moving another character into the same spot. I haven't tried doing this either.