PDA

View Full Version : Potential hacker?

MAXrobo
Jul 10, 2012, 03:07 AM
So something weird happened while I was playing tonight

I was playing the darker extermination forest mission with one of my friends when a person that had his name grayed out joined our party. At first we just kinda joked about it but he didnt say anything. When my friend asked what his name was he just said "name". I figured something was fishy so we left the party and tried to restart the mission.

We started the mission up again, and when we got the the second area (the multi party zone) we herd another team talking and the guy with the grayed out name joined there group. We quit again and tried to start a different mission, the rappy capture mission, but he followed us there as well. We ended up quitting a third time and making a locked room, but my friend had to leave so I logged out after him. I also restarted my computer out of paranoia but I dont think that really matters :P

I have no clue who this person is or if he is even a threat, but I didnt want to risk anything. I am just wondering if anyone else had seen this person or knew what was going on.

Oh and we were on ship 2, block 30 when this happened

Adept
Jul 10, 2012, 03:34 AM
You must've been playing with an AI. By the looks of it, you had an NPC AI in your team. Then after, the other party had the same NPC.

When an NPC talks, it is shown in your party chat also

Revlis-Desilver
Jul 10, 2012, 03:56 AM
or maybe someone from SEGA doing a bit of snooping, you never know stranger things have happened. IMHO hackers usually announce there presence, loud and proud.

renrinken
Jul 10, 2012, 03:57 AM
For PSO, name hacking seems pretty minor if it really is the case. But if we are going to be realistic, this is gameguard we are talking about. Wide spread hacking is pretty much a inevitability.

Meji
Jul 10, 2012, 03:58 AM
Oh, I remember seeing someone with their name all grayed out yeaterday. Letters that can't be read by PSO2 becomes gray boxes. This happens when typing in üåäö, for instance.
I don't think he was a hacker, but one can never be too sure.

Remember Optimus Prime on the good 'ole PSO days? He pretty much FSOD everyone.

Ferria
Jul 10, 2012, 05:14 AM
He didn't identify himself when asked, just stay clear. As it is, we have a nub trying to get us all banned lol

Konflyk
Jul 10, 2012, 05:29 AM
"0x9c" Hacker just throwin it out there. Person modded the launcher with machine gun rate of fire.

Xane
Jul 10, 2012, 07:47 AM
If, by "greyed out" mean grey blocks, then this is due to the limited charset in PSO2's font.
For example, try pasting umlauts like "öäü" into the chat.

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 11:19 AM
Any chance your "hacker" with greyed out name look like this?

http://i50.tinypic.com/351aiv6.jpg

Ferria
Jul 10, 2012, 12:18 PM
^ That's not a hacker... xD;; But yea, at least that "person" should at least introduce themselves X)

MAXrobo
Jul 10, 2012, 12:39 PM
yes their name looked like the person in Daiyousei's pic. sorry if i was mistaken but I have never seen that before and he was acting suspicious.

so what is that then? why is there name all grayed out?

Daiyousei
Jul 10, 2012, 12:48 PM
well My friend there always uses weird names wherever he goes, as for PSO2, went with that greyed name

Vashyron
Jul 10, 2012, 12:55 PM
Thats just square characters like so ■. These also come as a result of unrecognised characters in PSO2.

MAXrobo
Jul 10, 2012, 01:24 PM
ah ok. thanks for clearing that up for me.

Garnet_Moon
Jul 10, 2012, 02:46 PM
"0x9c" Hacker just throwin it out there. Person modded the launcher with machine gun rate of fire.

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2798170&postcount=29

WAIT, ox9c? He has a "c" after his name now? Either that was the quickest ban I've ever seen, or you are mistaken, or he has an alt or a follower... Original, to my knowledge, was 0x90

As for the Greyed out names.... I've seen that person around, even joined me for an emergency code city. Was silent the whole time.

italktowalls
Jul 10, 2012, 05:08 PM
So something weird happened while I was playing tonight

I was playing the darker extermination forest mission with one of my friends when a person that had his name grayed out joined our party. At first we just kinda joked about it but he didnt say anything. When my friend asked what his name was he just said "name". I figured something was fishy so we left the party and tried to restart the mission.

We started the mission up again, and when we got the the second area (the multi party zone) we herd another team talking and the guy with the grayed out name joined there group. We quit again and tried to start a different mission, the rappy capture mission, but he followed us there as well. We ended up quitting a third time and making a locked room, but my friend had to leave so I logged out after him. I also restarted my computer out of paranoia but I dont think that really matters :P

I have no clue who this person is or if he is even a threat, but I didnt want to risk anything. I am just wondering if anyone else had seen this person or knew what was going on.

Oh and we were on ship 2, block 30 when this happened

I'm the blocky name person. My super l33t hax0r skill0rz consist of copy&pasting the "█" for my character name. Hurrdurrr.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 10, 2012, 05:12 PM
i noticed PSO2 doesn't support all Unicode+^_^+ i tried typing Dämmerung once and it came out D█mmerung+^_^+ so it could be that player is just using Unicode characters that don't work on PSO2, like Arabic العربية +^_^+

Konflyk
Jul 10, 2012, 06:22 PM
@Garnet, you might be right, I had only remembered the 0x9 so I knew the last part was meh only have to guess what 36 characters?