PDA

View Full Version : What armor units do we need to wear?

sugarFO
Jul 10, 2012, 07:24 AM
As a FO I can't wear some of the higher star units for striking or ranged. Does the symbol on the unit mean thats what it is defending against? Right now I'm just wearing all units with the yellow wand because I thought that's what FOs should wear. But now maybe I need to get better units in the other areas?

Does anyone know if we need a balance of the types of units we wear? I don't want to take such hard hits anymore. D: But I also don't have the requirements needed for stronger units besides tech defense.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 10, 2012, 07:29 AM
technically, all armor units have some defense against the other types of attacks too. the symbol it shows (wizard cane/gun/sword) is just what it has the most def stat of. on the item details display window below your characters stats, if you select tab 2 it'll show the armor unit's melee/range/tech defense.

also, if you're taking melee hits, there are some force-intended armor units that are melee damage focused. iirc, all classes have their own class-intended units (and by class intended, i mean the base defense stat needed to wear them is either melee/range/technic defense, which a hunter,ranger, or force will have more of) that specialize in melee, bullet, or tech defense.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 07:33 AM
That would explain why the shooting enemies in the desert and certain elemental/energy like attacks tear me to shreds...

I've only been using units with the hunter emblem on them. @_@

sugarFO
Jul 10, 2012, 07:54 AM
technically, all armor units have some defense against the other types of attacks too. the symbol it shows (wizard cane/gun/sword) is just what it has the most def stat of. on the item details display window below your characters stats, if you select tab 2 it'll show the armor unit's melee/range/tech defense.

also, if you're taking melee hits, there are some force-intended armor units that are melee damage focused. iirc, all classes have their own class-intended units (and by class intended, i mean the base defense stat needed to wear them is either melee/range/technic defense, which a hunter,ranger, or force will have more of) that specialize in melee, bullet, or tech defense.

The units with melee specializing all need a high requirement except ones that have like +68 or something. You think if I grind those it'll have better results in battle?

Sp-24
Jul 10, 2012, 08:30 AM
You should probably stick with units that require T.Defense. Tech units that you can equip at level 40 are a lot better than Striking and Ranged ones in all 3 areas, and I doubt that leveling up your Mag in any of those 3 stats will make a big change.

Alternatively, if you don't mind giving your Mag 15 levels in Ability (I assume you're playing as a FOmarl), you can also equip the Epsilon Sub Units that have comparable, although lower, defense stats and raise your HP by 50 or PP by 5 (whichever way you swing) each.

10011408V3.9
Jul 10, 2012, 03:13 PM
Hrm, is there a listing for the minimal stats for the armors anywhere? There's tons for the weapons but I don't see a posted piece on armor minimal stats across the types.

Sp-24
Jul 10, 2012, 03:41 PM
I got my info from two Japanese wikis. However, units still seem to be shrouded in mystery, even there. Minimum stats required to equip the best units seem to be: 431 or 462 (science is not out yet) S.Defense, 457 R.Defense, 416 T.Defense or 287 Ability, depending on the unit you want to equip. I can only confirm that certain Sub Units require 287 Ability. Don't remember seeing any of the other units with such gigantic requirements.

dilakri87
Jul 10, 2012, 03:46 PM
Even though thos def stats are important, dont forget the soul abilitys.

The new mamoth and panther souls give some def and hp, and of course ragne soul has also hp+ on it.

I am focusing on that atm, getting my hp up, because it benefits from all defences.

sugarFO
Jul 10, 2012, 04:26 PM
Even though thos def stats are important, dont forget the soul abilitys.

The new mamoth and panther souls give some def and hp, and of course ragne soul has also hp+ on it.

I am focusing on that atm, getting my hp up, because it benefits from all defences.

I went ahead and got +20 hp and other defense bonus attributes on my units. So in total +60 HP and a big boost to my ranged and striking defense. I tested on a King Yedi, it didn't do as much. I'll just have to test with Ragne after maintenance. :D

JeyKama
Jul 10, 2012, 04:37 PM
Don't forget that many armors give unlisted bonuses (they are mentioned in the item description) that I haven't really seen listed out on wikis yet.

For example the 9* Calvaria armor with the 374 ranged defense req gives HP and PP in addition to whatever else you put onto them.

gigawuts
Jul 10, 2012, 04:53 PM
Is THAT why some armors seemingly randomly bloat my PP? I couldn't figure it out. Damn, I just ground up some armor to +10, now I guess I'm selling it and doing it again on PP bonused armor...

NekoXiu
Jul 22, 2012, 09:32 PM
are the 9 star armors worth it? For most characters, you would have to actually put some points in R-def or S-def to be able to equip them. Is it worth the investments of skill points or mag levels just to be able to equip 9* units over say 4* or 5*? (I'm a ranger so if you have to go into details and be specific, use ranger's units for examples to help me out)

Dinosaur
Jul 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
The 9 star units for each class offer both passive HP and PP within the units themselves. This ranges from 25-35HP and 2-3PP per unit. Whether you want both HP and PP along with the best defenses and most unique look is up to you. The way I see it is looking fancy and more functional; what's not to like about that?

If you don't invest in defenses to equip high rated units, your second best option are "ε" sub units. These are units that can be equipped on every slot and have an ability requirement. These provide passive +50HP or +5PP each. The +50 HP units tend to be the most popular as they allow you to stack absurd amounts of HP. An HP focused setup(soul w/hp + mutation + stamina boost + stamina) that would benefit all classes can get a character with bonus +450HP. For the PP units, you can obtain 148PP with spirit + spirit boost + soul w/pp. Sip on photon drink EX with those equipped and you can get 170PP. These are just some examples. You don't exactly need +450HP as +150 HP from the units themselves is already a significant amount.