PDA

View Full Version : Thunder Storm

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 07:39 PM
I though I would share that I just heard thunder so loud it made my car alarm go off, shook my house, scared my dogs and made me jump. Sounded like a bomb. :-o

Anyone else having a storm right now they want to share?

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 07:41 PM
Oh I love thunderstorms.
<33

Love love ~loooove~ them.
Except when a tree a few feet from my house gets striked down by lightning and goes ablaze.

Then I get a little worried.
But no. No storm right now, unfortunately. :c

Polly
Jul 10, 2012, 07:42 PM
A couple weeks ago I had a thunderstorm evolve into a tornado which wiped out power to 90% of the state and caused a death in my immediate family. I am not stoked about thunderstorms at all.

When I was 9, lightning struck the house next door, narrowly missing their electric meter. It was enough to shake a few of our windows so bad they cracked, I fell out of bed, and amazingly nobody got hurt.

Coatl
Jul 10, 2012, 07:44 PM
Uhm...well now I feel like my post needs to be scrapped.
x-x

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 07:51 PM
Oh I love thunderstorms.
<33

Love love ~loooove~ them.
Except when a tree a few feet from my house gets striked down by lightning and goes ablaze.

Then I get a little worried.
But no. No storm right now, unfortunately. :c

They have and always will kind of spook me. I used to hide under tables as a kid in hopes to tune them out.

A couple weeks ago I had a thunderstorm evolve into a tornado which wiped out power to 90% of the state and caused a death in my immediate family. I am not stoked about thunderstorms at all.

When I was 9, lightning struck the house next door, narrowly missing their electric meter. It was enough to shake a few of our windows so bad they cracked, I fell out of bed, and amazingly nobody got hurt.

Also, PSO2! WOO!

I am sorry for your loss. When I was young, my parents took me to Hershey Park and we stayed at a camp ground. While we were at the park a thunderstorm took a harsh turn into a tornado and destroyed half the camp ground. We were lucky to not have been there, but I got to see the damage when I get back and that really scared me. One of my biggest fears are Tornadoes.

We also had 2 tornadoes hit where I live now while I was working and some coworkers house caved in and nearly killed them. We didn't know she was alive until nearly a day later. :/

AC9breaker
Jul 10, 2012, 08:20 PM
You must be near the Jacksonville area in NC. We got a nice show going out my window now.

EvilMag
Jul 10, 2012, 08:36 PM
We had some pretty bad storms here couple of days ago. After it was over I see there's a crack on my window in my room.

Xefi
Jul 10, 2012, 09:17 PM
You must be near the Jacksonville area in NC. We got a nice show going out my window now.

last i was with my unit at Ft. Bragg North Carolina in 2005, there was a snow storm.
it wasn't really strong, but it definitely was consider too dangerous to work that day.
so our batallion commander let us off that day. but yeah, my hand was freezing like crazy
that day at the motor pool. :cat:

other than that, i think there was a huge thunder here in southern cali about a year ago.
it was really crazy loud too. leaving all those cars with their alarms ringing like no tomorrow.

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 09:43 PM

I live next to Fort Bragg :) I'm used to hearing mortars going off and shaking my house, but that thunder was way too loud and close, sounded like a mortar went off next to me. Freaked me out when I heard my car alarm. That has never happened. The storm ended after that loud one. Weird, because it sounded like it was right above us. Now it's silent. Spooky.

Nitro Vordex
Jul 10, 2012, 09:52 PM
Thunderstorms rustle my jimmies.

No, seriously.

Scrub
Jul 10, 2012, 09:58 PM
I had a girlfriend who would always get really scared at thunderstorms and want to cuddle.

Been pretty big on thunderstorms ever since.

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 10:01 PM
I had a girlfriend who would always get really scared at thunderstorms and want to cuddle.

Been pretty big on thunderstorms ever since.

haha, I bet you would. Good excuse to do.. lovely things! Like grab a blanket and watch some movies and fill in the blanks. :D

Xefi
Jul 10, 2012, 10:12 PM
@Scrub: man, that sounded just like from a bunch of anime i've seen.

I live next to Fort Bragg :) I'm used to hearing mortars going off and shaking my house, but that thunder was way too loud and close, sounded like a mortar went off next to me. Freaked me out when I heard my car alarm. That has never happened. The storm ended after that loud one. Weird, because it sounded like it was right above us. Now it's silent. Spooky.

they're probably bombing some artillery shell from the 18th Field Artillery Brigade over there.
i used to hear those EVERYDAY and in the field of course.

just hope those shells dont come flying at your barrack or house...he he. :cat:

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 10:21 PM
@Scrub: man, that sounded just like from a bunch of anime i've seen.

they're probably bombing some artillery shell from the 18th Field Artillery Brigade over there.
i used to hear those EVERYDAY and in the field of course.

just hope those shells dont come flying at your barrack or house...he he. :cat:

lol I live off post. It was definitely the storm. After living here for two years, it's not hard to tell the difference. There is no chance any shells will hit barracks or anything but the field it's being shot on. The ranges are extremely far from civilization. I'm perfectly safe in my home :) Aside from mother nature.

NoiseHERO
Jul 10, 2012, 10:29 PM
Thunderstorms always come out of nowhere like "dafuq was that flash outside? It's raining? Meh"

I do however like the chilled atmosphere created by being indoors during a storm.

Xefi
Jul 10, 2012, 10:29 PM
lol I live off post. It was definitely the storm. After living here for two years, it's not hard to tell the difference. There is no chance any shells will hit barracks or anything but the field it's being shot on. The ranges are extremely far from civilization. I'm perfectly safe in my home :) Aside from mother nature.

ok, i surely hope you are safe from those shells. there were incidents where the commander
gives off wrong coordinate and accidently shot down one of the military camp; killing about
2-4 people. i heard it from Sergent Steven, whose was my section chief. he was shock when
he came there to help those people that were injure by the artillery shell. people were losing
arms and legs and were screaming in pain. not a good sight to be in.

also, my drill sergent Green when i was at basic training, told me that he was scare and freak
out whenever those artillery shells come flying near the place he was training his soldiers.
i dont think anyone would like it anyways...lol.

but yeah, those artillery shells blast can be UBER loud if you're near the artillery itself. i was
there when my comrades/buddies were doing fire mission. JESUS christ, my ears hurt like hell! lol.
good old memories...:cat:

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 10:47 PM
ok, i surely hope you are safe from those shells. there were incidents where the commander
gives off wrong coordinate and accidently shot down one of the military camp; killing about
2-4 people. i heard it from Sergent Steven, whose was my section chief. he was shock when
he came there to help those people that were injure by the artillery shell. people were losing
arms and legs and were screaming in pain. not a good sight to be in.

also, my drill sergent Green when i was at basic training, told me that he was scare and freak
out whenever those artillery shells come flying near the place he was training his soldiers.
i dont think anyone would like it anyways...lol.

but yeah, those artillery shells blast can be UBER loud if you're near the artillery itself. i was
there when my comrades/buddies were doing fire mission. JESUS christ, my ears hurt like hell! lol.
good old memories...:cat:

Sergeants are humans lol My Drill Sergeants and Sergeants at my old unit would tell stories. After a while you realize they are just using other stories to make their career sound more exciting. I'm sure if it actually happened, I would find an article on google or even heard about it via the news.

I've never shot a mortar myself, but I've been to the ranges and I've done my fair share of shooting. The ranges are pretty safe for the most part, besides insane soldiers of course :p

I'll take the sound of a mortar over that thunder boom any day. Mortars really aren't that loud. It's more the shake that can be bothersome. Only had 2 good mortars make me jump the past two years I have lived here.

Thunderstorms always come out of nowhere like "dafuq was that flash outside? It's raining? Meh"

I do however like the chilled atmosphere created by being indoors during a storm.

We are in neeeed of the rain. It's been over 110°F here. So hot and humid :<

Xefi
Jul 10, 2012, 10:57 PM
I'll take the sound of a mortar over that thunder boom any day.

ha ha...for sure. i'm going to stop here before i start going off-topic and stuffs. :D

anyways, i hated the range, shooting the M-4 rifle also hurts my ears like CRAZY when
my ear plugs weren't in. also, it doesnt take an insane soldier to shot you. if someone accidently
trip and weapon wasn't on safe, you're SCREW regardless...lol. :cat:

heylookapanda
Jul 10, 2012, 11:07 PM
also, it doesnt take an insane soldier to shot you. if someone accidently trip and weapon wasn't on safe, you're SCREW regardless...lol.

Very true! lol forgetting to put the safe on is a big no no.

NegaTsukasa
Jul 11, 2012, 12:08 AM
OH MY GOD. for once we Texans, at least where I live, are getting a decently long and loud, thunder crackling, lightning flashing thunder storm. I'm shocked. and I will be even more shocked if it lasts a few days like the weather oh so accurately predicts. >.>
However, my hopes are at 0 that it will. for I have lost all hope for predicting storms coming our way in this state. when they get here, they will get here. kinda sucks they are happening at night though.

"Welcome to Texas! where the forecasts are made up, and the seasons don't change." Summer for evvvarrrrrrrr!!!!!! D:<

heylookapanda
Jul 11, 2012, 12:27 AM
OH MY GOD. for once we Texans, at least where I live, are getting a decently long and loud, thunder crackling, lightning flashing thunder storm. I'm shocked. and I will be even more shocked if it lasts a few days like the weather oh so accurately predicts. >.>
However, my hopes are at 0 that it will. for I have lost all hope for predicting storms coming our way in this state. when they get here, they will get here. kinda sucks they are happening at night though.

"Welcome to Texas! where the forecasts are made up, and the seasons don't change." Summer for evvvarrrrrrrr!!!!!! D:<

lol I think the weather is random everywhere. I don't remember the last time the weekly forecast was accurate for the whole week.

Scrub
Jul 11, 2012, 12:29 AM
I just moved to Missouri and I swear the weather changes so fast you can hear it start to downpour, and the crack of thunder, and by the time you get up to look out the window it's sunny again.

heylookapanda
Jul 11, 2012, 10:17 AM
I just moved to Missouri and I swear the weather changes so fast you can hear it start to downpour, and the crack of thunder, and by the time you get up to look out the window it's sunny again.

HAHA, that stinks, I hate unpredictable weather. I am one of those people that like to plan ahead to do things... like mow the lawn... then it rains... and I can't. Happened to me the entire month and my lawn looked like a forest.

Ghost Inside
Jul 12, 2012, 10:32 AM
So a thunderstorm rolled by earlier today...
And lightning killed mum's TV! :(

Xefi
Jul 12, 2012, 10:48 AM

it's time for a new T.V.! :cat:

Ghost Inside
Jul 12, 2012, 10:54 AM
@ Xefi. We bought a new stove just recenty because the old one broke down.
Can't really aford to get a new one right now.

Xefi
Jul 12, 2012, 11:19 AM
@ Xefi. We bought a new stove just recenty because the old one broke down.
Can't really aford to get a new one right now.

stove <<<<< T.V., rawr!!! ha ha.. *joking* :cat:

buying a new one is going to cost an arm or two depending on which you're buying...yikes.
it's almost like whenever thunder + storm comes around, nothing good ever comes out of it so far
that i've seen.

i wish i can lent you mine so that i can have an excuss to buy a new one! lol. as if that'll work.
i'm going to convince my mom so that i can get me a 82" t.v. once my bonus comes in. ahhh,
big screen t.v. is like the only thing in my head right now. *drools*

anyways, wish you luck getting a new t.v. or get it fix....soon...i hope.

heylookapanda
Jul 12, 2012, 06:24 PM

That stinks, my parents computer nearly caught fire from a storm one time. New computer too :(

buying a new one is going to cost an arm or two depending on which you're buying...yikes. it's almost like whenever thunder + storm comes around, nothing good ever comes out of it so far that i've seen.

I can't buy a cheap tv myself, just doesn't seem like a good enough investment :p I usually save until I can just afford something even if I want it badly. I just can't resort to cheap quality stuff.

Xefi
Jul 12, 2012, 08:45 PM
I can't buy a cheap tv myself, just doesn't seem like a good enough investment :p I usually save until I can just afford something even if I want it badly. I just can't resort to cheap quality stuff.

why buy a cheap quality stuff? when you can buy it new! lol. well i dont it really matters much
since it mostly depend on luck as well. you can buy a brand new t.v. and it can still
break down in less than a week. i mean, if you have bad luck, your new or old t.v. might get
struck by lightning and die like Ghost Inside or something...ha ha. :cat:

but yeah, if it was me though, i would buy it new as well. i dont trust old or use stuff much.
gotta buy em NEW! *says Xefi whose havent bought that new 82" t.v. yet*

and when i buy it new, i surely hope it doesnt get struck by lightning like Ghost here. please
dont or else i'm going to cry a mountain and start trolling everyone on this forum. *joking*

angryrocks
Jul 12, 2012, 09:24 PM
FUCK YOU THUNDER YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK!

heylookapanda
Jul 12, 2012, 11:41 PM
FUCK YOU THUNDER YOU CAN SUCK MY DICK!

Woosah... woooosah

but yeah, if it was me though, i would buy it new as well. i dont trust old or use stuff much. gotta buy em NEW! *says Xefi whose havent bought that new 82" t.v. yet*

82" That's a bit much.. lol

Blitzkommando
Jul 13, 2012, 05:28 PM
I wasn't home during it, as I was away at university, but there was a massive storm that hit our area two years ago. I could see the front from my apartment but it was in the distance as a massive black menace in the sky. Threw down golf ball sized hail stones that absolutely ravaged all of the roofs in our area and knocked out windows, windscreens, and golf-balled a bunch of cars including our truck. Thunder storms don't bother me so much as the (potentially massive) repair costs after the fact.