PDA

View Full Version : Ragol = Earth?

Socrates
Mar 5, 2001, 07:36 PM
Say, this may something that is blatantly obvious to folks, but has anyone noticed that Ragol is actually the planet Earth?

Really. Look at the title shot. That's Africa, titlted on it's side -- you can see the Red Sea, the Nile, Saudia Arabia, Madagascar, etc. The explosion (and consequentially Central Dome) was apparently built somewhere in what would be modern Kenya.

Now, initially, I thought this was a bit odd, and maybe that was the closest bit of clip art they had handy. But then I thought, nah. All this advanced 3d-graphics technology, and they couldn't be bothered to render a custom planet scene? So I'm certain it's intentional.

I'm not very literate on the PS chronology, but I am guessing the original 'humans' in the game series weren't from Earth. If that's the case, could that mean that, according to PSO mythology, Earth was 'seeeded' by the PS "humans"? I'd like to see PSO2 expand on this, if so...

myau1
Mar 5, 2001, 07:54 PM
I am a 15 year Phantasy Star veteran and here's how it goes so far. Do not read further if your not into spoilers.

In PS 1 Alis, and company waste Lassic and Dark Flaz. The game starts out on the planet Palma, the first planet in the Algo system. The people of Palma are pretty much human in appearance.

In PS 2 a 1000 years later, Algol has become a very advanced civilization. You play as Rolph, the last desendat of Alis from PS 1. A system wide managment computer called Mother Brain has been mysteriuosly brought into Algol. Things start going crazy and eventually you learn that Mother Brain is out of whack. During the adventure the planet Palma explodes. After reaching Mother Brain's domain you find out that Dark Falz is once again behind it all. After killing Dark Falz you go into a room full of Earthmen!!!!! They state that their world was dying and they were transforming Algol to fit thier needs. SO it was them all along. Then in the Epilouge your party, begins a fight with the Earthmen but you dont find out what happens after that.(Numans are introduced in PS 2, and there are only 2 of them, Nei and Nei first and they both die.)

Next in PS 3 you play as 3 different generations in a quest to find out why the Orakian and Layan people hate each other. in the end you find out that it is once again Dark Falz behind it all and that you are on a ship that escaped from Palma 1000 years ago. In the best ending you see a ship approaching what appears to be Earth.

Next in PS 4 (which is almost as cool as PS 1) you play as Chaz and the game takes place 2000 years after PS1. Along the way you learn that Dark Falz is really part of a greating evil being! Then you face off against the Profound Darkness and become victorious killing Dark Falz forever.(Again only 1 Numan is in Algol at this time and her name is Rika)

It's really hard to say when PSO takes place! Im sure well learn more in PSO 2