PDA

View Full Version : Game ZOMG Epic Summer STEAM SALE!!!!!

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 12, 2012, 01:23 PM
http://store.steampowered.com

Xefi
Jul 12, 2012, 01:34 PM
ZOMG i got to check them out later. :cat:

amtalx
Jul 12, 2012, 02:26 PM
I REALLY don't like Steam, but I may have to pick up a few things...

Randomness
Jul 12, 2012, 03:05 PM
*begins meditating to save money*

Palle
Jul 12, 2012, 04:13 PM
I expect you to hit at least 50% off, Sins of a Solar Empire. You too, Endless Space.

Vintasticvin
Jul 12, 2012, 05:12 PM
This is quite a bargain but, Im waiting for my torchlight2 download :(

Retehi
Jul 12, 2012, 06:32 PM
Everyone vote for Saints Row 3 for the next game to be featured, so my friends can get it. :B

amtalx
Jul 12, 2012, 07:42 PM
BOOOO!!!. I wanted The Witcher 2. :D

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 12, 2012, 11:46 PM
I JUST built a PC for gaming. Good timing, already bought Saints Row 3. I read somewhere that they were planning on Bundling Arkham Asylum and Arkham City. Might just download it there.

Fromhellmaster
Jul 13, 2012, 02:21 AM
The one time this sale shows up and I don't have any cash or Pay Day until the sale ends. FML

Mantiskilla
Jul 14, 2012, 12:41 PM
Well decided to get both the Ys Games. (Ys Origin is a flash sale for $8. 3hr 20mins left on the sale from time of this posting) Even though I own the japanese physical copies of both. Main reason? Convenience. Having to install the japanese version and then do all the english patch steps kinda sucks sometimes. Plus the game has achievements which i guess is ok. Too bad I'll have to start over though since im sure my save data for both wont work. Ah well

DayDreamer
Jul 14, 2012, 01:38 PM
Ahh the summer sale, when I can finally tackle my giant wishlist of shit<3

Oh and dont forget, steam now has gift cards!
So just becasue you cant/DontWantTo use your credit card or paypal, you have another option!
They are available at gamestop.
http://cdn2-b.examiner.com/sites/default/files/styles/large_lightbox/hash/86/55/86553e79291cd7924c21a3a6ad760f33.jpg

Tessu
Jul 14, 2012, 02:56 PM
Bought Might and Magic: Heroes VI since I was curious about that game and it was on sale. Also bought Terraria. Not sure if I'll buy more than that, since I already don't know when I'm going to get to play those two games. :P

Kyrith_Ranger_Pso
Jul 15, 2012, 03:03 PM
I can finally play the PC version of Skyrim (playing Skyrim on a console was pretty terrible, especially on the PS3)

Ketchup345
Jul 15, 2012, 06:04 PM
Also bought Terraria. Not sure if I'll buy more than that, since I already don't know when I'm going to get to play those two games. :PI also got Terraria. Haven't dove into it much yet (busy prepping for GW2 for the next few weeks sadly), but seems interesting what I saw so far. I figured 75% off at $2.50 was basically disposable.

I have a few more things in my wishlist, but I'm saving for either 75% off or the last day.

amtalx
Jul 15, 2012, 11:24 PM
Already picked up (and beat) Max Payne 3. I usually find the shooting mechanics in Rockstar games to be terrrible, and the humor juvenile, but this turned out well. I just stared The Witcher 2. So far I'm already liking it more than the original.

Mantiskilla
Jul 22, 2012, 12:51 PM
Well last day of the Steam Sale so get on it while you can. I know I've spent too much money already but eh, deals are deals. Pretty much now im just building up my inventory for trades later on.

Xefi
Jul 22, 2012, 06:14 PM
Well last day of the Steam Sale so get on it while you can. I know I've spent too much money already but eh, deals are deals. Pretty much now im just building up my inventory for trades later on.

yeah, i saw your games. you surely bought A LOT. ;p
i only bought Divinity II The Dragon Knight Saga for $10.00 and that was it.
i tried the game, not sure if i like it though. the graphic looks pretty awful, but not bad.
the gameplay was meh. i wish the Divinity series stay the old school way like Divine Divinity.
the 3-d of it, is just god awful for me. waste of 10 buck since i wont be playing it
anymore.

i was waiting for Kingdom of Amalur to go down in price, but it didnt even budge...lol. still 60 bucks. >______<;
anyways, happy for ya for your deals in the games. i guess i'm going to be sticking to consoles
for the time being and wait for the games that you already know what i'm waiting on. :cat:

Mantiskilla
Jul 23, 2012, 01:58 PM
Well the sale is over and the wallet got hit with a haymaker ($180 worth!). I have quite a few games in my inventory if anyone is interested in doing some trades

Ketchup345
Jul 23, 2012, 07:21 PM
I managed to keep my wallet intact. Total spent: $2.50 on Terraria. Everything else was either not a priority or wasn't cut enough.

Outrider
Jul 23, 2012, 10:58 PM
Yeah, I just bought a handful of heavily discounted (~$2.50) games, since I'll actually have time to play them before the next Steam sale. I passed one some of the larger games I've had my eye on - like Assassin's Creed Revelations, Arkham City, or Deux Ex - since by the time I actually have time to play them, they'll probably be cheaper.

Palle
Jul 24, 2012, 12:16 AM
Pretty ho-hum for yours truly. 15 bucks on gifts, 15 on myself. No impulse buys though, which I consider a success.

blace
Jul 24, 2012, 01:28 AM
I was tempted to get the entire Assassin's Creed collection through Steam, but remembered the endless grief I got with the PS3 version.

I ended up getting Sanctum and DLC for $4.99.

drizzle
Jul 24, 2012, 01:31 AM
I was almost tempted to buy the Ubisoft pack but thanks to Ubi's online DRM platform I was able to resist. Phew!
Got both Ys games instead. Good fun.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 24, 2012, 02:00 AM
Was really tempted on the Batman games, but decided not to because of Priorities. I got a 4-pack of Dungeon Defenders for me and a few friends. Got Terraria for 75% off, same with Prince of Persia. Left 4 Dead 2 for 9.99, and I think that's it. Can't wait for the next one.

Outrider
Jul 24, 2012, 10:43 AM
Was really tempted on the Batman games, but decided not to because of Priorities. I got a 4-pack of Dungeon Defenders for me and a few friends. Got Terraria for 75% off, same with Prince of Persia. Left 4 Dead 2 for 9.99, and I think that's it. Can't wait for the next one.

Oh man. The 2008 Prince of Persia that they were selling for $2.50? Oh man.

I love that game. Like, I realize a lot of people hate it, but I love that game.

It's got some really obvious flaws, and you shouldn't expect it to be too similar to the Sands of Time series, but it really does a lot of things right. I almost bought it (despite already owning it on Xbox) simply to have it available on my Steam account, but then I remembered that I already picked up a PC version of the game a few years back and I can't have two superfluous copies of the same game.

I really hope you enjoy it. I might have to go play through it again this weekend just because you reminded me of it.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Jul 24, 2012, 05:08 PM
Oh man. The 2008 Prince of Persia that they were selling for $2.50? Oh man.

I love that game. Like, I realize a lot of people hate it, but I love that game.

It's got some really obvious flaws, and you shouldn't expect it to be too similar to the Sands of Time series, but it really does a lot of things right. I almost bought it (despite already owning it on Xbox) simply to have it available on my Steam account, but then I remembered that I already picked up a PC version of the game a few years back and I can't have two superfluous copies of the same game.

I really hope you enjoy it. I might have to go play through it again this weekend just because you reminded me of it.

Thanks. :)

Yeah, I was gonna pick it up on Xbox360 a while back, but after a friend of mine expressed his distaste for it, I decided not to. But then I saw it on Sale the other day and thought to myself, "In all honesty Its like 3 bucks, what have I got to lose" Y'know? Anyway, I've yet to play it. Should probably get on that soon. Hope it's as good as you say it is. o: