PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Trying to play PSO2, not sure comp can handle it.

Zan93
Jul 14, 2012, 02:49 AM
To begin with, my comp specs are:

Processor: Genuine Intel(R) CPU T2500 @ 2.00GHz

RAM: 1GB

Video Card: Mobile Intel(R) 945 Express Chipset Family

I realize that my computer doesn't have enough natural RAM to run PSO2, when I tried it couldn't even finish the beginning movie, I (believe that I) fixed the problem by taking my 4GB USB and dedicating it to ReadyBoost for the extra ram I needed. I don't know that it entirely solved the problem but it definitely had some effect; after using ReadyBoost I was able to at least complete the opening movie but now it won't go any further than that. I know for a fact that at this point RAM is no longer the issue considering the error message I received hasn't changed (as shown below isolated in a screenshot). I'd very much like to know what exactly this error message means and if there is anything I can do AT ALL to make playing PSO2 possible for this computer (without having to spend money).

[SPOILER-BOX]https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/?ui=2&ik=788666fcc8&view=att&th=138846d25552c2ed&attid=0.1&disp=inline&realattid=f_h4mdv4s40&safe=1&zw&saduie=AG9B_P_Yz5YwqMcFQzsnuWYRA1Ry&sadet=1342251574364&sads=twt_XHHUoci-mpzIhmSwUYDhdXw&sadssc=1[/SPOILER-BOX]

If it doesn't show up in the spoiler above I have also attached the same picture if you're willing to look at it in that fashion.

Additionally, this exact same message also appears when playing PSU: AotI, but it only shows up after I've played it for a VERY long time, not immediately after the opening movie like in PSO2

SolRiver
Jul 14, 2012, 12:37 PM
I don't believe your computer is up to the task.

Mainly your video card is several years old integrated video...

You will need to at least spend about $50~60 USD. 25ish for ram to hit 2~3GB, 30ish for entry level graphic card. Technically you can do away with the ram and just upgrade graphic card... but you will have to restart PC every so often or deal with lag spikes.

Zan93
Jul 23, 2012, 08:36 PM
Ok thank you but could you please still explain to me what exactly that Error message means?