PDA

View Full Version : Matter Board 2 E-5 drop

Iuli
Jul 15, 2012, 04:34 AM
I did caves multiple times, killed the dragon like lizard with 2 horns countless times, yet it doesn't seem to drop......any idea as to why this is happening?

Ana-Chan
Jul 15, 2012, 04:40 AM
I assume that you really do have that selected on the matter board.
But the matter board items are governed by the regular drop mechanics, so you could be having an amazing amount of luck constantly failing to get the item you want. It isn't just you though, one of the items on matter board 1 took me two days of killing the same monster to finally get the item. So even matter board item drops are based on luck, and it sounds as if this is the first time you are really discovering this.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 15, 2012, 04:50 AM
yeah, sometimes they'll drop on the first monster. other times it seems like you didn't even click the right matter board mission so you're checking after every run.

Iuli
Jul 15, 2012, 04:53 AM
so basically, the game doesn't think that you registered the right matter quest so the quest sword won't drop? I hope they fix this soon >_>

Ana-Chan
Jul 15, 2012, 04:59 AM
Umm, no. There is no bugs in the matter board where the game doesn't think you have one selected. That comment was stating that sometimes the drop rate is so bad that you wonder if you actually have it selected and so you keep checking after each run.
This is a simple case of luck, you are having a major lucky streak here. That is all that there is too it. If you keep it up you will eventually get the item you are after. Don't forget that the monster you are killing is a rarer monster to start off with, so even if it dropped at the same rate as the more common monsters, it would feel like it is taking longer.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 15, 2012, 05:00 AM
so basically, the game doesn't think that you registered the right matter quest so the quest sword won't drop? I hope they fix this soon >_>

no it definitely knows. what we're saying is basically, it's rng and you're either fucked for another 50+ tries getting it to finally dropped, or your graced by it dropping in the first 5 times you kill the target mob.

Iuli
Jul 15, 2012, 05:33 AM
Time to stack drop rate on my gear then...thanks for the quick response.

jooozek
Jul 15, 2012, 06:01 AM
Only lv 21 and higher ones drop them, remember.

Husq
Jul 15, 2012, 05:03 PM
Only lv 21 and higher ones drop them, remember.
This.
If a Client order or Matter Board asks you to find something form a Level 20+ enemy, just do it in the hard mode/option.