PDA

View Full Version : c9 tech problem gone?

MidgetRussian
Mar 25, 2003, 04:53 PM
Is the C9 tech killer problem gone? The one where your techs go to 15...

I'm a little scared to do it :

VulpesMundi
Mar 25, 2003, 10:52 PM
Last I checked it was still there, but that was about two weeks ago. You can still safely try to play C-mode. Bank everything on your character or transfer all your non-bankable stuff to another character. After you complete c9 and are sent to the lobby check your spells to see if you lost one or not. If you're not happy with the results, turn off the GC's power and your character will be reverted back to how it was before C-mode. You'll also be able to re-earn your prize later since that won't saved either.

One warning is that the bug (assuming it's still there) will strike on every stage once you've completed c9, so it's best to use a character that is not leveling.

Derkin
Mar 25, 2003, 11:09 PM
Does this happen often? I am on C4 with my Level 108 FOmar. : I don't want one of his techs to drop... if it does though, can I raise it back up with a disc?

VulpesMundi
Mar 25, 2003, 11:18 PM
If the bug is still there (I'm betting it is) it will happen everytime you complete a stage after clearing (and including) stage 9. You can use a disk later to fix it, so it's more of a headache than anything esle. But when you lose level 20 or 30 spells, that's when it really becomes an issue. Those disks tend to be the hardest to come by. Also be warned that this bug will effect all the following classes: HUnewearl, RAmarl, FOmar, FOmarl, FOnewm, and FOnewearl.

LollipopLolita
Mar 25, 2003, 11:19 PM
It's not gone.

MonoxideChild
Mar 26, 2003, 12:42 AM
I'm glad I have a HUcast.

Rika-454
Mar 26, 2003, 01:01 AM
so im guessing the material bug is still there too....

Derkin
Mar 26, 2003, 01:04 AM
Well ****! I wanted to get my FOmar to Bu-EI but now I'm not to sure. Not to mention this SRank is supposed to be for trade, and I'm already behind. Is it GOING to happen when I finish C9, or is it just a chance?

What a load of crap. -_-

rena-ko
Mar 26, 2003, 07:20 AM
hm, i have a shifta lv16 for testing this out, but then...

each time you do a c-mode-stage afterwards? hm... well, get your shields and after that never save again after a c-mode.

yeah, how about the materials?
each time? every stat? complete reset?

EsperFlame
Mar 26, 2003, 07:47 AM
Well, we can have 4 characters to a memory card. Just set one spot for a c-mode only char and when you complete it, transfer the prize to another char, delete and repeat.

Sham
Mar 26, 2003, 07:22 PM
On 2003-03-26 04:20, rena-ko wrote:
hm, i have a shifta lv16 for testing this out, but then...

each time you do a c-mode-stage afterwards? hm... well, get your shields and after that never save again after a c-mode.

That's annoying if you improved your time. I lost 3 techniques just by doing C9, then C1 twice afterwards. (LV28+ Jellen, Zalure, Razonde.)

Derkin
Mar 26, 2003, 07:47 PM
Uhg... I'll be pissed if I lose one of my Support techs. I depend on them right now. -_-

Thanks for the stat info though, it's good to hear that I should be ok.

rena-ko
Mar 27, 2003, 07:07 AM
well... time to finish c-mode asap.

but what about the materials? i stopped using them by now...

rena-ko
Mar 30, 2003, 10:53 AM
did c9 with lorelei yesterday and i kept my shifta lv. 16. further more the mats seem to not have changed, but i'll calculate that once i hit lvl090.

maybe this bug is not that common? or maybe soniti fixed it, i'll try that again with other characters.

VulpesMundi
Mar 30, 2003, 06:53 PM
Well the spell bug randomly hits only one spell. So unless the spell it was going to effect was above 15 then it didn't look like it did anything.