PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Odd frequency in 630

ZapRemix
Jul 16, 2012, 03:36 PM
I've been getting really odd frequency in 630s lately and this never happened before until now. Last week I was playing just fine, I still got 630ed but it didn't happen until 4/5 hours of game play. Now I'm getting 630 off the wall at random moments. Sometimes when I load into the lobby, at times I go out in the mission field, even when I select my partners it happens then too.

I updated my graphics card and played on lower settings but its the same result and now I'm very baffled to why its happening so much when this issue never occurred like this until now.

Has anyone have had this happen before? I'm also wondering if anyone figured out how to at least reduce the 630 occurrence? ><

Neirene
Jul 16, 2012, 05:17 PM
630 is an error related to your connection to the main game servers sometimes it could be very annoying as it happens at completely random times , what you can do is to make sure your internet TCP ports are open from the 12000 to the 12999 on your router and make sure there isnt any firewall or any other internet heavy application running on the background.

If you are using wireless make sure to improve your signal as much as you can or just use a wired internet connection if possible.

This error is not related at all to CPU, graphics, memory, etc its purely a connection issue.

ZapRemix
Jul 16, 2012, 05:37 PM
Hm I see... its still odd that something like that would happen in a frequent bias all of a sudden.

Here and odd (but probably stupid) question. Would be be possible if the wireless router is outdated... like 9 years old? >>; Would something like that contribute to the issue?

MrShoestore
Jul 16, 2012, 06:52 PM
I've been having this issue lately as well (had no issues in OB or in first week). Zap, when you get the 630 error do you lose all internet connection to your computer (ie web pages don't load)? This is whats happening to me, so I have been assuming that it is trouble with my internet. But others in the house hold are not having issues (and i can spend the day watching netflix without disconnecting).

Now that I know others are having this issue (another guy posted a similar thread), Im more confused about the reason then before. im going to try and mess with firewall settings after maintenance to see if that accomplishes anything.

ZapRemix
Jul 16, 2012, 07:03 PM
No, my internet doesn't cut from my disconnections, it just happens a lot more frequently than it did before. A week ago I could play for long periods of time without worry but now the game almost unplayable.

If its a connection issue then... I'm not sure if it have to do with my 9 year old wireless router or I might need to portforward it somehow.

Chik'Tikka
Jul 16, 2012, 10:39 PM
what's your ping and speed to Tokyo's Worlds Fastest Indian "http://speedtest.net/"server? it might give a clue as to why you get disconnected+^_^+ i have 50 meg interwbs and my speed with Tokyo= http://www.speedtest.net/result/2067817115.png showing that as distance increases, speeds drop, maybe your speeds just dropping to the point of disconnect??+^_^+

ZapRemix
Jul 17, 2012, 01:33 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2067988446.png (http://www.speedtest.net) This is mine to answer your question.

And it made me cringe. XD

Threeblades
Jul 17, 2012, 02:50 AM
Now that I know others are having this issue (another guy posted a similar thread), Im more confused about the reason then before.

Yup, that was me.

do you lose all internet connection to your computer (ie web pages don't load)? This is whats happening to me

Exactly what's happening to me as well. Reinstalling PSO2 didn't solve the problem by the way. Neither did new router firmware. Opening ports will be next. Switching to wired internet is not an option.

Neirene
Jul 17, 2012, 02:54 AM
Your ping is actually very good enough to do not lose sync with the servers the problem might be in your wireless connection messing up.

If your PC network adapter supports it you should open its advanced properties on the device manager and change the values of the transmit and receive buffers from the default which is usually 256 to 512 that will make the wireless adaptor to work faster in sending and receiving information from your router this fixed the 630īs to me.

Additionally and only if the 630īs still persists and since you mentioned you have a very old wifi router you could try to access it and look in advanced wireless settings for a setting called something similar to "Beacom Interval" and set a number between 50 to 60 that way you will make your router send faster wireless waves with less time between each and thus making the wireless connection more reliable.

And lastly PSO2 website recommends to open your router TCP ports between port 12000 to 12999 for stable game operation.

Yet if its possilble and to donīt need to change all the stuff iīve mentioned earlier you can try using a wired direct connection rather than wifi one to play the game I think its the easiest and fastest method for you to fix the disconnections.

MrShoestore
Jul 17, 2012, 07:08 AM
So I tried disabling my firewall, and that seemed to work. Played for the rest of the night without 630 errors. I did have a couple moments of lag, but not too severe.

granted, disabling firewall is not the ideal solution, so I'm hoping to find a better way of solving.

ZapRemix
Jul 17, 2012, 05:56 PM
Hmm still no good, opened my ports, disable windows firewall, updated firmwell, tried cable to router. Still getting 630'd frequently. I'm probably out of options now and just chalk it up to upgrading the rust bucket of a router.

Nerineri
Jul 24, 2012, 03:28 AM
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2081069698.png

I also got 630 a lot lately. Never happened during open beta. What I found really weird though is that I never get 630 at the lobby or even at the ship. I always get it when I am in the field. The internet connection still working fine at that time of disconnection too.

DarkMaster50
Jul 24, 2012, 12:52 PM
Yea I live in Okinawa and my internet stays up no problem but I get 630'd all the time at random.... Sometime in lobby, transporting, fights, walking around, etc etc

Josh_Kain
Jul 25, 2012, 05:59 PM
Yea I live in Okinawa and my internet stays up no problem but I get 630'd all the time at random.... Sometime in lobby, transporting, fights, walking around, etc etc

Man, thank you for posting this! I was really wondering if this was only an issue outside of Japan. I'm on a great cable connection with on-board ethernet, wired. Yeah, my router is a bit old but I've never had any problem with it unless I flooded it with too many connections (bit torrent). NEVER had any game do this.

I really wish I knew what causes this. Some people can play forever whereas others are constantly being kicked every few minutes. Sometimes I can play for around a whole hour without being disconnected! But most of the time, I get kicked at least twice within 30 minutes and just get frustrated and quit the game.

Does anyone else have any more answers, suggestions, or even theories? I have forwarded the recommended ports, but my send buffer size max is 128 (though I've NEVER had an issue with that)

Josh_Kain
Jul 27, 2012, 07:26 PM
Got disconnected after 10 mins, then played for about 45 mins fighting and hanging out in the most populated block. WTF