PDA

View Full Version : Rare Items/Quests

The_Saint
Mar 5, 2001, 07:53 PM
I have a question about rare items. I have read several posts about rare items and section ID's, and since come to grips eith the fact that i am doomed to not find any REALLY RARE items....but, i was wondering: Does the occurance of RARE items have anything to do with the amount of quests your char. has completed? I tried to test this theory, but as we all know, you cant complete too many quests without logging alot of time and passing a few levels. Which as we all have read seems to be the majority opinion on items (Time+Levels= Rares). What i would like to know is...except for quest rares (soul eater, frying pan...) is there any point in doing the quests?

Ukyou
Mar 6, 2001, 03:34 PM
Of course we can't be 100% sure, but it's the wide opinion that, no, there isn't any point in doing quests. Except for the two weapons you mentioned =)

But, I've also found soul eater's randomly dropped from monsters...so that takes some of the point any. Anyone seen a frying pan dropped, or in a box?

forte
Mar 8, 2001, 09:27 PM
There is also the point of doing the quests to do able to use Dr. Montegue http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/icon_smile.gif
He can make among the best weapons in the game with certain limbs of enemies

benja
Mar 15, 2001, 05:27 PM
hey look! its UKyou who just teamed up with us last night! pretty cool eh?

Shir
Mar 16, 2001, 05:11 AM
I do all the quests simply because it gives me a chance to get more EX/levels before taking on the boss of the area. At least going through with a 'point' is less monotonous than just doing the area repeatedly.

Ukyou
Mar 16, 2001, 06:58 PM
Eh? Who are you benja? (wish ppl used the same name on forum and game...)

Oh, and ignore my sig. it's from my old character =P Haven't goten my new ones pics taken yet.