PDA

View Full Version : Red Boxes vs Red Weapons

IndigoNovember
Jul 18, 2012, 12:41 PM
So I was wondering which one people preferred. Before that though, I've gotten two "not so rare" rare weapons from red boxes so I'd assume we can get the rarest items from red boxes as well, but can anyone confirm or deny this?

The reason I am asking is because the Shifta Drinks can have a bonus effect of increasing red box drops whereas the Deband Drinks can have a bonus effect of increasing red weapon drops (I might have switched the two, but the effects do exist). So I was wondering which one I should go for more often.

HFlowen
Jul 18, 2012, 12:54 PM
Special weapon drops can have EXP/droprate/meseta bonuses, be pre-grinded (ground?), and you can pick the element on them. I'd go with that.

Btw, guts drink and random drink have untekked/rare drop boosts and pick from a smaller list of possible side effects. I ASSUME they would be better drinks to pick, but I dunno how side effects are chosen.

IndigoNovember
Jul 18, 2012, 02:34 PM
Btw, guts drink and random drink have untekked/rare drop boosts and pick from a smaller list of possible side effects. I ASSUME they would be better drinks to pick, but I dunno how side effects are chosen.

Hmm, I didn't know that. I'll give those a try and see how well it works.

goldwing
Jul 18, 2012, 02:39 PM
Yes any rare can b found in a red box. I prefer a red box due to being able to pick elements for it good stuff

Ueno54
Jul 18, 2012, 05:43 PM
Give me a red box over the weapon any day. Gives me that nostalgia!

Ana-Chan
Jul 18, 2012, 05:48 PM
I love the red containers though, all of those sub units. -_-;

Vyscillius
Jul 19, 2012, 03:10 AM
I had a question about those rare items.
In the case of the red boxes, it's understandable but if I want to drop a rare item on monsters (rare items which are shown when I select the quest), di those items drop on every monsters in the quest or do I have to kill specific monsters to get the rare items?

I don't know if here was the best place to ask but since people were already discussion about the red boxes/weapons matter...

Piraya
Jul 19, 2012, 08:51 AM
Thats what i'd like to know aswell.. I've just hit level 17 and still havent seen a Red box or Weapon drop, looks like my PSO bad luck continues.

IndigoNovember
Jul 19, 2012, 09:44 AM
Certain items only drop from certain enemies, some items just drop in certain fields. It really just depends on the item.

IzzyData
Jul 20, 2012, 02:29 AM
Thats what i'd like to know aswell.. I've just hit level 17 and still havent seen a Red box or Weapon drop, looks like my PSO bad luck continues.

I was level 35 before I found my first rare.

IndigoNovember
Jul 20, 2012, 03:02 AM
Ouch, you guys not getting ブラオレット ? It's the gold Gunslash with saw teeth. I got that one easy at like 15. I have gotten 2 more since then =_= ...

Piraya
Jul 20, 2012, 11:41 AM
Nope nothing, just got a 4star Partisan from a Rockbear, best i've got so far, shame i'm a ranger.

yuiri
Jul 21, 2012, 03:31 PM
Red box rare is almost junk, best droup would probably be Shifta lvl10 Devant Lv10 (600k-1m)and Anti Lv10 other then that is minor mid-rare items.

this is for the Hard mode Free field tho.

darkante
Jul 21, 2012, 06:05 PM
I prefer red boxes and that the tekker should be cheaper.

~Inu~
Jul 21, 2012, 08:57 PM
You folks know you can get other rare drop boosts from the Drinks at the dropship, right?

You can get レアドロップ率アップ from the Deband Drink & 未鑑定ドロップ率アップ from the HP/Guts Drinks.
I haven't done any extensive testing, but I haven't noticed them from the Shifta drink. It's up to you to decide if you want more attack power although if you're in a 12/12 MPA it shouldn't really matter.

Oh, heh I should mention:
レアドロップ率アップ - Drop rate for Pre-identified rares
未鑑定ドロップ率アップ - Drop rate for unidentified rares (redboxes)
^Google translate it or something, remember those kana.

I started taking advantage of it more when the Tundra was released and since then i've found a Cruel Coffin and a Hyperion, and a few of those partisans in the Mines... I believe it's been helping.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 22, 2012, 12:08 AM
i really don't like the random drink but it seems to give me the highest chance for the rare drop boost

IndigoNovember
Jul 22, 2012, 05:53 AM
You folks know you can get other rare drop boosts from the Drinks at the dropship, right?

You can get レアドロップ率アップ from the Deband Drink & 未鑑定ドロップ率アップ from the HP/Guts Drinks.
I haven't done any extensive testing, but I haven't noticed them from the Shifta drink. It's up to you to decide if you want more attack power although if you're in a 12/12 MPA it shouldn't really matter.

Oh, heh I should mention:
レアドロップ率アップ - Drop rate for Pre-identified rares
未鑑定ドロップ率アップ - Drop rate for unidentified rares (redboxes)
^Google translate it or something, remember those kana.

I started taking advantage of it more when the Tundra was released and since then i've found a Cruel Coffin and a Hyperion, and a few of those partisans in the Mines... I believe it's been helping.

Didn't even read the second half of my opening post.

Try using this: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=16

It lists out what drinks have what side effects.

JeyKama
Jul 22, 2012, 06:19 AM
Can't say I've ever actually gotten the unID bonus effect from Shifta drink before... It must be a fairly low chance even besides the rather large array of bonuses Shifta drink can have. I've just been taking the Guts drink levelling FO since I hardly ever get to damage anything anyway in multiparties, and have gotten it 3-4 times so far out 20 drinks or so.

That being said... the unIDed stuff is almost always superior to dropped ones, just because you can ensure it has an element and a nice bonus affix.

Assuming, anyway, that that red box you thought you got from Dark Ragne is really a Duel Gaze in disguise and not a Talis Legacy from its minions x(

IndigoNovember
Jul 22, 2012, 01:22 PM
Can't say I've ever actually gotten the unID bonus effect from Shifta drink before... It must be a fairly low chance even besides the rather large array of bonuses Shifta drink can have. I've just been taking the Guts drink levelling FO since I hardly ever get to damage anything anyway in multiparties, and have gotten it 3-4 times so far out 20 drinks or so.

That being said... the unIDed stuff is almost always superior to dropped ones, just because you can ensure it has an element and a nice bonus affix.

Assuming, anyway, that that red box you thought you got from Dark Ragne is really a Duel Gaze in disguise and not a Talis Legacy from its minions x(

Yeah it seems really rare, I haven't run into it at all >_< .

Ouch, that sucks.