PDA

View Full Version : Bridging the lvl 20-25 void

juhanic
Jul 19, 2012, 10:19 PM
Been lurking here a bit, decided to register to ask how others deal with this! Hello :)

I'm 23 now, and have completed most of matter board 2. Can't start on 3 because it needs a mob in the snow area, and I can't unlock that till lvl 25(which is required to do the coffee quest to unlock the area). In generally it feels like there is not much to do for this level spread.

How do people recommend leveling up? Especially for this particular section of the game. So far I really haven't cared about levelling too much, just doing client requests and matter board, trying to move the story along. I found that the emergency quest with the 500 points is great for xp(always 12 human players and they tend to bunch up, so lots of spawns and fast xp!), but that's only occasionally available. The hard quests that are available between 20-24 don't seem to have many players in them either.

Should I be completing some specific daily client requests while grinding up? Is there a good area to find lots of people that I'm missing?

GImiller
Jul 19, 2012, 10:29 PM
Well you actually won't be able to do tundra until 30, I honestly just ran the desert free mission with a multiparty... rather than complete the mission stay with the biggest group of people you can find doing the same thing and kill kill kill. It might not be the most effective method, but its what I did, and it didn't take too much time. Once your 25 you can run the dual stretchy dragons on hard mode in caves, which is a nice change of pace after grinding the desert. ALWAYS look out for emergency missions to pop, those will help a substantial amount and I think you can do hardmode emergency soon, not sure at what level exactly though.

To add, once you get the level cap increase mission... you can start grinding those away at 25 too. 90 Items from hard mode forest, 90 from hard mode caves, and 90 from hard mode desert.

I hope this helps, but if someone has a better method I'd love to hear it as well.

Dinosaur
Jul 19, 2012, 10:39 PM
Do every client order possible. Other than that, killing enemies in area 1 of Hard "Capture Nab Rappy" is the best source of enemy EXP before level 25.

juhanic
Jul 19, 2012, 10:42 PM
can't do it till 30 eh? Wow, that sucks :(

Have been enjoying things a lot up to this point, and hitting this grind full on is a bit of a sucker punch. Oh well, time to grind hard and at least unlocking the tundra and the new area will be all the more satisfying then.

Stegodon
Jul 19, 2012, 11:38 PM
Ya its a big grind when you hit that spot. I did the same as others, grind out every client order you have, Work on the weapon training quests. Hans and Josef typically have a lot of quests at that point. I picked the desert Rare Ore Escavation quest, and just sat in the second zone running in circles killing stuff for HOOUURRSS. sooner or later you'll hit 27 and start getting some new quests. Getting in the Emergency City missions helps, Can usually get a huge PSE burst going and smash out alot of exp at once.

juhanic
Jul 20, 2012, 12:06 AM
incidentally, is the emergency mission still spawning since the content update? I've been on for 4-5 hours a night and didn't see it spawn :(

mhjc
Jul 20, 2012, 12:16 AM
incidentally, is the emergency mission still spawning since the content update? I've been on for 4-5 hours a night and didn't see it spawn :(

Yes it still shows up. 4~5 hours of it not showing up is normal. It shows up around every 9 hours, with the next one about 2 hours after. It goes something like that.

La'Haryl
Jul 20, 2012, 12:24 AM
My best grinding experiences:

Multiplayer=
Rappy Arrest with Multi-Parties, farming the first map.

Singleplayer=
First Caves mission, Run around and keep triggering the Elimination code and Only the elimination code to complete the mission. 6 mobs, 400-500 exp each code, around 5 codes per mission run. (more if the codes are Darkers Eliminations)

Or just run the last Desert Mission over and over (Last desert mission is level 20, free desert is level 18, higher level mobs in the last desert mission)

juhanic
Jul 20, 2012, 12:25 AM
Yes it still shows up. 4~5 hours of it not showing up is normal. It shows up around every 9 hours, with the next one about 2 hours after. It goes something like that.

Ok, neat. I seemed to be seeing the emergency quest between midnight and 2am every day but guess that was just luck. I wish there was a posted schedule :P

Sigmund
Jul 20, 2012, 09:13 AM
I think it was discussed as being a random trigger, aka there's no set time for those events to occur.