PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the PS3 controller.

JayD-X
Jul 21, 2012, 02:27 AM
I just started to use the MotioninJoy driver to use the PS3 controller with PSO2 and I am loving it. Most of the buttons work great except for a little problem that I have experienced. The L3 and R3 buttons are currrently working as two buttons with L2 and R2. So basically, whenver I press the Analog Sticks down, the game thinks I am pressing L2 and so forth with the right one. Is anyone else experiencing this problem with the PS3 controller? And if you have, how did you fix it. It's making me miss out on a few actions.

Inazuma
Jul 25, 2012, 12:05 PM
From the Motioninjoy window, you can bring up a list of all of the buttons, with drop down lists to change how they work. After you make changes, press the enable button at the bottom. It would also be a good idea to save your profile.

Mystic_Nessly
Jul 31, 2012, 05:47 PM
I also use a PS3 controller and MotionJoy.

You don't need to configure any buttons or profiles if you simply use the Xbox 360 emulator profile.

I suggest you:
1) Enable the Xbox 360 emulator profile under the "profiles" tab of the "DS3 Tool" software.
2) After selecting the Xbox 360 profile, select "enable." Then start up your game.
3) After your game loads. PSO2 will think you have an Xbox 360 controller and automatically assign all the buttons correctly.

I've not once had the issue you describe.

*Keep note that you will need to re-enable the Xbox 360 mode every time the controller is disconnected from the computer, either by USB or bluetooth.