PDA

View Full Version : Getting Rares to +10

Stegodon
Jul 23, 2012, 07:43 AM
Hey so im noticing a TON of people who have basically a rare weapon. and 3 rare armors. and they are all +10. Not just a few people. But a TON of people... I think im missing something im struggling to make things +8 even using the -1 to chance fun cash items... Ive noticed theirs items with the same lock icon on the shop but looks a tiny bit diff and cost like 200k. Are these items used to garuntee upgrades??? dont wanna drop 200k on a guess.... But im assuming thats what they are?? and if so does anyone know the names of these items so i can copy and paste and snag a few?? thanks.

Coatl
Jul 23, 2012, 07:54 AM
I think units are grinded much easier than weapons. I grinded all my *9 units with like, one fail I believe?
Grinding *9 weapons to +10 on the other hand..

JeyKama
Jul 23, 2012, 09:05 AM
Armor is super-easy to grind, even 9* ones. They all grind at the same success rates of like, a 3* weapon.

As for weapons... well... as you noticed there are two different types of "padlock" passes.

強化リスク減少(-1)
is what you get from Scratch. It will remove up to 1 risk (possibility to drop in grind level) when you do a grind. e.g. if you're grinding a rare, at +9 you have the possibility to lose up to 3 grind levels if you crit-fail. Using this item reduces that risk to 2.

強化リスク減少(保護)
This item is from AC Scratch. Basically it takes the risk and sets it to 0, so you won't lose any grind levels even if you fail.

Keep in mind though, the success rate of a 9* at +9 has gotta be something miserable like 20%.

Stegodon
Jul 23, 2012, 09:47 AM
gotcha still good to know tho. I got the 9* gunslash looks like a snow flake... its +8 and going to +9 has a -3 chance... and yaaa... eff that haha

buri-chan
Jul 23, 2012, 12:55 PM
You can tell Sega thought this through because usually Rares don't have higher attack than a lot of uncommon options until +8/+9/+10 when grinding suddenly has the -3 risk. For example, the 5-star Alva Caliber has a +10 of 448. There's only one rare that is comparable to that at +7, yet since the increases are percentage-based, that one sword (Ardillo) has nearly 100 more attack at +10. And even then, there are at least four other Swords that end up higher than the Alva Caliber as well.

But back to subject. There's also a set of items called 強化成功率+__%, Grind Success Rate + __%, but they are much rarer than the Grind Protects, and usually not up on AH (the symbol is a circle with one to four dots inside it, with each dot being +5%). If you want to get a rare to +10, you've got two options; sink 300k+ in Grinders on the AH and pray, or sink 300k on the AH for a Grind Protect and pray. After that, it's all about luck and whether or not Dodo needs to make a down payment on his new summer home. What I did was got my Patty Lumeria to +8 with just grinders, then sunk the rest on Grind Protects and only had to buy three of them.

For the record, your rare, the Cruel Coffin, is actually the second-best Gunslash behind the Twizzler, though the second 5-star Alva Hatchet matches yours until the Cruel Coffin is +9. At +10, you're only getting about 20 S-ATK/R-ATK over the Alva Hatchet.

Stegodon
Jul 23, 2012, 08:50 PM
Ya I thought the Cruel Coffin was rare. But I've actually found 3 of them now. I absolutly cannot find anything else. But im damn good at finding those gunslashes.

SPOnion
Jul 23, 2012, 09:05 PM
You can tell Sega thought this through because usually Rares don't have higher attack than a lot of uncommon options until +8/+9/+10 when grinding suddenly has the -3 risk. For example, the 5-star Alva Caliber has a +10 of 448. There's only one rare that is comparable to that at +7, yet since the increases are percentage-based, that one sword (Ardillo) has nearly 100 more attack at +10. And even then, there are at least four other Swords that end up higher than the Alva Caliber as well.

But back to subject. There's also a set of items called 強化成功率+__%, Grind Success Rate + __%, but they are much rarer than the Grind Protects, and usually not up on AH (the symbol is a circle with one to four dots inside it, with each dot being +5%). If you want to get a rare to +10, you've got two options; sink 300k+ in Grinders on the AH and pray, or sink 300k on the AH for a Grind Protect and pray. After that, it's all about luck and whether or not Dodo needs to make a down payment on his new summer home. What I did was got my Patty Lumeria to +8 with just grinders, then sunk the rest on Grind Protects and only had to buy three of them.

For the record, your rare, the Cruel Coffin, is actually the second-best Gunslash behind the Twizzler, though the second 5-star Alva Hatchet matches yours until the Cruel Coffin is +9. At +10, you're only getting about 20 S-ATK/R-ATK over the Alva Hatchet.

It has been wildly observed that weapons with 7 stars and above provides a secret bonus to your character, not only at lv 10.

Read it here:
http://wikiwiki.asia/pso2/index.php?Tips
and here:
http://wikiwiki.jp/force/?%A5%EC%A5%A2%C9%F0%B4%EF%CA%E4%C0%B5

In other words, those weapons provides a 50 -100 bonus to your minimum damage thus your damage will be more stable. It has been assumed that the bonus is actually to your Skill (or Ability).