PDA

View Full Version : Ways to play

Polenicus
Mar 26, 2003, 12:53 AM
I don't know about you, but most players I know tend to hang around with a specific crowd. When you play that often with the same people, you need to do some stuff to spice things up a bit, as well as set yourself apart within the group. Here's a few ideas:

Signature Weapon Games: Basically, each of you picks a specific 'signature' weapon, which you think fits your playstyle and the style of your character. It has to be a SPECIFIC weapon in your arsenal... not 'doublesabers in general', but a specific doublesaber type, such as a Demolition Comet. Chose wisely, because you can only change signature weapons with the agreement of the group.

Now that you've got your sig weapon, head into a game. You are only allowed to use your signature weapon, NO others. If you run into a spot where you need a gun... TOUGH. THIS is why you need to chose your sig weapon carefully!

Hardcore Mod to Signature Weapons: Same as above, except that non forces are NOT allowed to use attack techniques (Only healing and support). Only forces may revive downed players. Weapons that hit more than one enemy (such as spreads, cards, swords, partisans, slicers etc) are strictly prohibited. No 'Ra' techniques may be used at all.

Wimpy Weapon Games: Take your character and equip them with the basic starting weapon. i.e. Rangers is a handgun, no %'s, Hunters is a saber, etc. now put them in a game they would have played 20 levels ago (i.e if they're level 90, put them in vhard. If they're level 120, they stay in ultimate). Now see how far you can get. Forces should avoid using attack techniques if at all possible.

Speedball: Each of you take a level (Forest, Caves, mines, etc). Run through as fast as you can, dropping to the next unfinished level once you've completed yours (i.e. Forest would drop in to help out with Caves, etc.) Time yourself and see how fast your team can clear the whole game.

EvilNixon666
Mar 26, 2003, 01:50 AM
I like your ideas. I'd love to try the signature weapon and speedball methods. Perhaps I can convince my buds to give it a shot. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Derkin
Mar 26, 2003, 03:02 AM
My friends and I did Speedball back on V1 DC. Fun stuff. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif