PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 A little help with Sword Gear (HU)

Coscos007
Jul 23, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hey everyone!
I am playing as a Hunter level 20 by now, and I got the Sword Gear skill which unlocked a little bar that charges and uncharges for some reason I still dont know. My doubt here is, what is it for? It is some extra power or ability? And how do i use it? Also, how does it charge and/or uncharge?
Thanks!

Ezodagrom
Jul 23, 2012, 10:01 PM
The bar is charged when attacking, and it is depleted while you're not attacking.
There's 3 small squares above the bar, when you have 2 or 3 squares lit, your sword photon arts will have some improvements (the improvement depends on the photon art, and the improvements are better when there's 3 squares lit).

The topic in the link has the effects of the sword gear for each of the photon arts:

Nova Strike and Rising Edge: Cuts down charging time from 5s to 1s
Sonic Arrow: Hits 1/2/3 times depending on the number of charges
Stun Coincide: Increases duration of the stun
Twister Fall: Increases shock wave count from 1 to 3
Cruel Throw: Increases raw damage
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196837

IceBlink
Jul 24, 2012, 01:06 AM
To counter the fact that it drains on its own when not attacking, using PA does not seem to reduce your charged gear, unlike other weapons with gears such as Partisans or Wired Lance. So once you've sufficiently attacked and raised it to the third stage, you could attack with PAs for as long as you have PP. :D

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2012, 01:14 AM
To counter the fact that it drains on its own when not attacking, using PA does not seem to reduce your charged gear, unlike other weapons with gears such as Partisans or Wired Lance. So once you've sufficiently attacked and raised it to the third stage, you could attack with PAs for as long as you have PP. :D

To add to this, you can actually INCREASE the gear charge by using PAs, unlike the other two. Once you get maxed charge it's easy to keep it up so long as there are things nearby to whack.

Goat666
Jul 24, 2012, 07:12 AM
To add to this, you can actually INCREASE the gear charge by using PAs, unlike the other two. Once you get maxed charge it's easy to keep it up so long as there are things nearby to whack.

True; I recommend sonic arrow as your all-around best friend, really makes it easy raising/keeping that sword gear up due to either hitting multiple enemies or hitting twice/thrice thanks to the charged gauge.