PDA

View Full Version : Mission How to go to Tundra ?

Ptitopo
Jul 24, 2012, 02:23 AM
Hi guys,

i'm currently playing with my friend PokiPoki, and we are stuck at the desert free-field ... And i checked everywhere, i can't find a guide for getting the Tundra zone ...

If someone could help us ... We saw that we have to finish the quest " rare ore excavation " in less than 22min in Hard mode ... And to unlock Hard mode, we have to kill 5 rock golem / 5 little-dragon / 5 "the boss of the desert " ( <== don't remember this one )

Is this the right way or not ? :cry:

Anyway, we'd like to say also, we are on ship 7 ( random choice ), we'd like to know if there is some english community in there, or french maybe ? (cause we are !)

Thanks for helping us :)

Kondibon
Jul 24, 2012, 02:55 AM
Yes that's how you get hardmode, however in order to do the mission to unlock the tundra you need to be at least level 25, and THEN you have to be level 30 to even go there... It's a bit ridiculous but client orders can help bridge the gap.

Crystal_Shard
Jul 24, 2012, 02:55 AM
There's probably a community there as well, but the main english communities are at Ship 02, 10, and I think 09. Anyway, welcome to PSOW.

To get to Tundra, the prerequisites are:

You need to complete Koffee's COs for unlocking Tundra, Hard Mode, and the level cap
Unlock Hard Mode - Defeat 5 Rock Bears, 5 Caterdorans and 5 Gwanahdas
Unlock Tundra - S Rank Rare Ore Excavation under 22 Minutes
Unlock Level 40 Cap - Collect 90x Naverius BioMaterials, 90x Amduscia BioMaterials and 90x Lillipa BioMaterials. These will drop randomly from their respective planet's mobs.
Grind levels to level 30 (to enter the first few quests) and then level 33 to enter Tundra Free Exploration

There's more details on the specific Client Orders here : http://bumped.org/psublog/phantasy-star-online-2-open-beta-begins-and-mini-guide/#koffee

The most difficult bit will be the grind from 20-30, but you can make things much easier by making full use of every CO you can access, especially the repeatable ones. The guide for the repeatable quests are at : http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198168

Finally, take note of the following milestones:

Level 20 - Can grind hard mode forest areas. Make full use of the new COs that are unlocked
Level 25 - Access to Hard Mode Caves and Desert quests as well as Hard Mode City (Ragne Event) - Make sure to use City and look for PSE groups
Level 30 - Access to Hard Mode Free Exploration for Caves, Desert and City (Destruction) Make sure to use City and look for PSE groups

Anyway, good luck, and have fun getting to Tundra.

Ptitopo
Jul 24, 2012, 05:06 AM
Thank you VERY MUCH for the answers, it helps a lot !!

It's just very lame to have to farm lvl 20 to 30 just to get a new zone ... But well ... Let's do this !

Thank you again !

Crystal_Shard
Jul 24, 2012, 05:49 AM

It's just very lame to have to farm lvl 20 to 30 just to get a new zone ... But well ... Let's do this !

Thank you again !

A pleasure. ^_^ Just remember that partying with friends and doing COs/MBs will make the grind a lot easier to swallow.

Almost forgot to mention as well, at level 20, a good MPA in Normal Caves or Desert may yield more EXP and loot compared to Hard Forest.

juhanic
Jul 25, 2012, 12:20 AM

Thank you again !

For lvl 20-24 do the capture rappy quest, load up on repeatable client orders(especially from the hard mode lady in the store area). Find a big multi party(you should probably change blocks to a 20-29 block or a party-recommended block). Run around with everyone else and pew-pew stuff. It'll go by fast if you get a full multi-party. Don't take npcs with you, they're just consuming multi-party slots. If you want to mix things up you can also do the other client orders that require a specific quest but I suspect multi-party is more efficient.

Same thing for 25-29 but in hard desert final quest. Also, as you've unlocked the lvl40 unlock order, be sure to do rappy for the biomaterials.

Personally I don't think it is worth getting the volcano biomaterials for unlocking lvl40 until you unlock free volcano(at lvl 30). The other volcano areas just kinda suck for collecting it(they're either single party or have lots of darkers spawns). Getting all 90 there doesn't take too long with a full multi-party

Ptitopo
Jul 25, 2012, 01:49 AM
Thanks all of you for your great help ! :)

While i'm on it, i've some off-topic questions ...

I'm currently playing a FO, and when i check the forum, all i see is " i use Zonde, i use Foie, i use ...... " and so on.
Well, ok, but is there a list where i can found the name of the spells and what they look like ? ( i mean their icon in game )

It would help REALLY a lot if someone had that.

Anyway, i'm gonna level up x)

Thanks a lot again !