PDA

View Full Version : JP PSO2 Mag Feed Timer.

oifjustus
Jul 24, 2012, 04:19 AM
Hi everyone! I was sitting here today browsing, and I thought.. "I wish I knew if my mag was hungry without having to wait around staring at the game.."

That's why a friend and I came up with a simple program. So Let's say your sitting in the lobby and your mag is at 0%, you feed it 3 items and it's back up to 99%. Well after that third item, thats when you press 'Start' on my timer. Sit back and relax, do something else besides burn your eyes waiting and waiting. It takes approximately 44minutes and 30seconds to get from 99% to 0% while standing around in the lobby/my room. Once the timer has finished counting down you will hear an audible alarm letting you know it's time to feed your mag another 3 items.

Here's what it looks like.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2iixsea.png

And here is the download link.

Download (https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B5UmtY89YWtaQS01bE5ScFYwZGM)

And here is file scan results for whoever wants them.
http://www.viruschief.com/report.html?report_id=6f33645ff7b0c7b4d29c413f8fb7 a36cfab24d67

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 24, 2012, 05:27 AM
Thanks, although ill just use my Logitech G13 as it uses less memory and i can select the Tone :)

Gama
Jul 24, 2012, 05:33 AM
hm nice one, advice maybe if the program would "ding" each feed cycle, so the person dosent have to the program every time, but if it does it resets the timer.?

just an idea.

oifjustus
Jul 24, 2012, 09:08 AM
Well it ding's once the timer is finished. After that you have to click reset. It's just a simple program we made for myself, figured i'd share it. Thought it might come in handy for some people.

oifjustus
Jul 24, 2012, 09:10 AM
Thanks, although ill just use my Logitech G13 as it uses less memory and i can select the Tone :)

Haha nice, unfortunately I don't have one of those :P. Maybe later on we can make it better. For now though, like I said its just a really simple program.

Cyclon
Jul 24, 2012, 01:05 PM
My mag's bar decreases by 1% every 24 seconds, so it takes it 40 minutes precisely to get from the theorical 100% to 0%.

I don't know if it's the same for everybody else, but if it is, you might want to change the timer:o

Thanks for sharing anyway:)

satchko
Jul 24, 2012, 02:20 PM
Cool. Now if only someone could make an applet for the logitech LCD. the standard stopwatch works just fine, but a PSO-specific one that maybe showed some random stats, and the timer. and you could hit one button to fully reset it or another one to just add the 33% when you feed. That'd be awesome. regardless, nice work :D.

oifjustus
Jul 24, 2012, 02:35 PM
Cool. Now if only someone could make an applet for the logitech LCD. the standard stopwatch works just fine, but a PSO-specific one that maybe showed some random stats, and the timer. and you could hit one button to fully reset it or another one to just add the 33% when you feed. That'd be awesome. regardless, nice work :D.

Well we're going to look into making this simple timer more intricate later on. For now it will work just fine for casual players like myself. Thanks for the input though :).

elken1996
Jul 26, 2012, 12:26 AM
My mag's bar decreases by 1% every 24 seconds, so it takes it 40 minutes precisely to get from the theorical 100% to 0%.

I don't know if it's the same for everybody else, but if it is, you might want to change the timer:o

Thanks for sharing anyway:)

If i m not wrong my mag take 24seconds to reduce 1% as well,so its 39min 36second for 99%.Nice program btw :D

oifjustus
Jul 26, 2012, 08:14 AM
If i m not wrong my mag take 24seconds to reduce 1% as well,so its 39min 36second for 99%.Nice program btw :D

I'll get the timer changed and re-upload soon for those who want it, and thanks.

drixil
Jul 26, 2012, 11:15 AM
Nice, I remember having a program like this during my PSO mag feeding days!

lordofquake
Aug 4, 2012, 01:02 AM
please add a self reset option
an option to set custom times if your time is a wee off
and maybe can you add something to let you change the sound buy swaping it out?
also plz get rid of that annoying pop up window that focuses when you reset
ty tho for this niffty program
i cant wait for your final release
cheers

Haseokun
Aug 4, 2012, 01:34 PM
I'm glad to see people taking the time to find the exact amount of time between feeds. It's not safe to afk feed the mag, due to hackers, but it's a nice way for me to not worry about when it has to be fed mid mission. I usually wait until the mission is over, then check it. Now I'll know to wait for at least 2 missions, unless I'm doing a free forest or cave run. Thanks for making this timer program.

lordofquake
Aug 4, 2012, 02:09 PM
i normaly afk in a passed room friend and team only option clicked i feel thats pretty safe unless they can hack passes like on psu... any one know?

eitherflame
Aug 7, 2012, 02:35 PM
You could also calculate the time per 1% and have the user input their percentage and have the time change for it. So with your timing each percent is 26.7 seconds, so for 80% it would be 80*26.7=2136 seconds. 2136 seconds = 35minutes and 36 seconds.
I made an account just for this thread :p <3

SikerSwift000
Aug 27, 2012, 04:43 PM
What language is this written in? Just wondering I was programming a Mag Feeding Timer as well.

As a side note, I noticed yours starts at 44:30 any particular reason? I thought it was 39 minutes and 40 seconds. maybe i'm mistaken...

KatsujinkenKik
Aug 29, 2012, 09:54 PM
Whenever your mag uses a trigger action while in a quest it bumps down the timer by 5%. I noticed this since my equiped mag's timer always went down faster than the other 2 i have.