PDA

View Full Version : How do I play PSO Xbox offline with servers shut down?

markk1
Jul 25, 2012, 05:24 AM
For a long time I have been playing phantasy star online on Xbox with a patched version of the game to allow me to play without an online profile. However recently I watched a gameplay video of pso gameplay on the Xbox running much faster than the version I have. Then it occurred to me - the patched version of the game I have must be slowed down. I then decided to purchase the original game off eBay but when it starts up It comes up with a message "the network configuration is not performed. Please try again after an account has been issued"
How do I resolve this issue?

Anon_Fire
Jul 25, 2012, 04:41 PM
For a long time I have been playing phantasy star online on Xbox with a patched version of the game to allow me to play without an online profile. However recently I watched a gameplay video of pso gameplay on the Xbox running much faster than the version I have. Then it occurred to me - the patched version of the game I have must be slowed down. I then decided to purchase the original game off eBay but when it starts up It comes up with a message "the network configuration is not performed. Please try again after an account has been issued"
How do I resolve this issue?

Well, XBOX Live was cutoff from the Original XBOX 2 years ago.

Ithildin
Jul 25, 2012, 05:12 PM
Sod it and play pso BB. Google it.

spade88
Jul 27, 2012, 07:56 PM
You can still play it offline, but I have found it easier to play the gc version (plus the gc version has the online feature still)

Cranberry
Jul 28, 2012, 12:57 AM
You have to have a gamertag to play Xbox PSO, even offline. Xbox live for the original Xbox was shut down years ago so you can't create a gamertag anymore. If you have a means of copying a friends Gamertag to your Xbox that can work. If not, you should probably consider playing on a different platform.

RedRaz0r
Jul 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
If you have an action replay and a memory card, I'd be willing to send you a gamertag online that you could use to play it =)

Jimmisixx
Aug 2, 2015, 02:00 PM
I'm having issues with phantasy star online I originally had it on dreamcast so I decided buy an old Xbox get that and shenmue two again and I also have no gamer tag to play this is any one kind enough to Send an old gamer tag is be eternally greatful I still remember playing pso on the dc on dial up haha