PDA

View Full Version : I´m quitting...

Weaselheart
Jul 26, 2012, 10:55 AM
OK, i cannot blame the game, is cool as hell, i cannot blame the players, since u have been all very helpful and supportive...But i am F*cking sick of having to uninstall, reinstall, and repatch de game everytime y want to play it, or either leave my character for days straight in a row, in a private room when im not actively playing...

I could blame Sega a bit, but they havent made the game for ur europeans, or americans...But they know shit about compatibility.

I had to reinstall this game over 20 times now, for each time I decided to enter and play, waiting over 2 hours normally for patches to finish...1 use, and the f*cking launcher breaks, isnt it exciting?

So my options are to quit, or getting some true legit help, since linking threads didnt help me in the end...and the ONLY thing that is working ys reinstalling the game on diffirent root folders, at this rate i will have to install it in "my pictures" folder...

Gather some empathy and figure how this would make u feel, knowing for sure u have tried all that has been sugested, plus my own theories and ideas...And still have to do the same...

How can sega's program be so broken to not identify the admin as THE ADMIN?

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 10:58 AM
Install as an administrator, or brute force permissions for its installed files?

kudo
Jul 26, 2012, 10:59 AM
Well, personally I have not had any problems up til now except for the shader switch which was solved with a google.

Sorry to hear that you're driven to this by your computer, it sucks to face so much trouble, it's understandable.

But really is this thread necessary?

Weaselheart
Jul 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
Install as an administrator, or brute force permissions for its installed files?

I really do everything as admin, never double click, like at all, habit since vista...so far only reinstalling on a different root, 1 use, and th elauncher dies, but this started happening everytime since the bikini update...before i coul close and reopen, would only get messed up during maints...but now, once close, the game does stupid and doesnt open

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 11:04 AM
I really do everything as admin, never double click, like at all, habit since vista...so far only reinstalling on a different root, 1 use, and th elauncher dies, but this started happening everytime since the bikini update...before i coul close and reopen, would only get messed up during maints...but now, once close, the game does stupid and doesnt open

I'm sure there's a thread about the launcher hitting unexplained error and being unable to even patch itself. Should look into it

AnnabellaRenee87
Jul 26, 2012, 11:07 AM
What issues where you having to have to install the game that many times?

I run the game with User Account On as turning it off would be silly and I never have permissions issues and the game updates fine.

I think quitting a game because your having issues with your computer is just odd.

I would be willing to help but I would require to know EVERYTHING about your PC.

Ezodagrom
Jul 26, 2012, 11:09 AM
Like GoldenFalcon said, try to brute force the permissions. Do this for pso2.exe, pso2download.exe, pso2launcher.exe and pso2updater.exe.

This is for Windows 7, and possibly Vista:
Right click the application, go to properties, security tab, click edit, click add, click advanced, click locate now, double click your user in the list, click ok, click your user and click total control.

Arios
Jul 26, 2012, 11:17 AM
Ok, let me try to help you. This worked for me.

1- Fresh install again, dunno if you made backup of your Data folder...so you will have to patch the game again.
2- After the game is installed, download the PSO2.exe (latest version): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2280026/pso2exe.zip
3- Download the latest launcher/update/downloader files here:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2280026/pso2launcher.zip
4- Pick these files and copy paste with the ones from the fresh install
5- Go and patch your game (if you have some data backup, the patch will be fast)

* Only start the game with the latest files or else they will corrupt themselves!!!

Weaselheart
Jul 26, 2012, 11:25 AM
Ok, let me try to help you. This worked for me.

1- Fresh install again, dunno if you made backup of your Data folder...so you will have to patch the game again.
2- After the game is installed, download the PSO2.exe (latest version): https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2280026/pso2exe.zip
3- Download the latest launcher/update/downloader files here:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2280026/pso2launcher.zip
4- Pick these files and copy paste with the ones from the fresh install
5- Go and patch your game (if you have some data backup, the patch will be fast)

* Only start the game with the latest files or else they will corrupt themselves!!!

U always save the day, since on a previous trouble i had with the launcher, u gave me the proper guidelines lets say, but then again, our previous fix broke aswell...having backup files...I had, but they were outdated, I´m currently reinstalling again in my documents this time...

will try to follow your steps

Thx again everyone...waiting till 2013 sounds painful enough...

Arios
Jul 26, 2012, 11:28 AM
U always save the day, since on a previous trouble i had with the launcher, u gave me the proper guidelines lets say, but then again, our previous fix broke aswell...having backup files...I had, but they were outdated, I´m currently reinstalling again in my documents this time...

will try to follow your steps

Thx again everyone...waiting till 2013 sounds painful enough...

I was pretty frustrated too when it happened with me. But, follow these steps and let's hope all goes well ^^

alicxia
Jul 26, 2012, 11:29 AM
I think OP wants attention but either way there really isn't a need to publicize whether or not you're quitting. It sounds to me he's seeking help so this should be in technical support instead<or he wants relief and pity.

Arios
Jul 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
I think OP wants attention but either way there really isn't a need to publicize whether or not you're quitting. It sounds to me he's seeking help so this should be in technical support instead<or he wants relief and pity.

Nope, he just wants to play his game and have fun, YOUR post is the one that we really don't need at all...

ThePendragon
Jul 26, 2012, 11:32 AM
Are you using Windows 8? I had a similar issue with Windows 8.

Weaselheart
Jul 26, 2012, 11:36 AM

So if u only post on objective threads that only benefit u, or talk about what you expect to read about this game...basically, what are you doing here??? pity, relief??? "just another player that trusts this community when he has a problem, like he would expect to help anyone he could"...

This post didnt come out of nowhere, there is a reason and was a point to post it...In the PSO2 general, where everyone else has posted their different problems anyways, and where everyone reads after all...By the way, if u need a hand on anything, just ask, I´ll do my best to help u out

Are you using Windows 8? I had a similar issue with Windows 8.

Im using windows 7, with its default service pack (as it normally works)

NoiseHERO
Jul 26, 2012, 11:42 AM

That one guy!

The one who somehow in his head found a reason to go against everything positive coming out of a thread. And just said some stupid shit anyway. and now this thread is about this one post! Fuckin' Internet anonymity. D:

Crimera
Jul 26, 2012, 11:50 AM

Please, don't be that guy...

...please?

eharima
Jul 26, 2012, 12:01 PM
calm down OP, and look at this objectively...

please list your complete system specs, including disk drive format type

and what error(s) are actually occurring, when, how and frequency with your best description.

simply shouting that you hate life and it JUST DOSENT WERK isnt much help in solving anything.

jOhMG
Jul 26, 2012, 12:02 PM
I haven't had a single issue while playing the game at all. And I haven't done anything fancy. I mean my computer is top of the line and I'm very adamant about taking care of my rig. I run maintenance and diagnostics every time I'm not using it. And check for drivers every other week.
It really helps to stay up on all of this to avoid any errors that I've ever come across. In every, case I've had an issue(I've had none for pso2 since updating my graphics cards drivers back during OB)

The only things I can say to do is run a full diagnostic on your computer checking for any corrupt areas/bad drivers and the like. It's likely something is going wrong somewhere and is probably completely fixable.

I would also try and make sure you are running as admin for both the launcher, program, and any related applications. Also, check and make sure your antivirus isn't deleting or editing any of the necessary files.
You can maybe even try deleting your system registry files and see if maybe that has some effect on you.

Lastly, the only remaining problem you may have could be entirely a part in your computer. How new is it? And are there any parts that really need an upgrade? (Might as well list the specs of your rig)

I'm just trying to think off the top of my head what the issues can be and I hope maybe something I've come up with can help you or maybe someone in the future and if not I apologize.

Weaselheart
Jul 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
the cpu is a few weeks old...basically asked for an above average video card, and not much more...so...It performs, is empty, clean, new...and pretty much bought to last gen games...

I won´t bother quoting...since seems like some don´t read, still thx, for your time, is somewhat appreciated

eharima
Jul 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
the cpu is a few weeks old...basically asked for an above average video card, and not much more...so...It performs, is empty, clean, new...and pretty much bought to last gen games...

I won´t bother quoting...since seems like some don´t read, still thx, for your time, is somewhat appreciated

right.................

you do know regardless of when you bought it, how 'clean' it is and that you asked for an above average card.

forget it. buy a mac and wait for a port, sounds like user error.

DARKWINGDARA
Jul 26, 2012, 12:26 PM
all you have to do is force permission on the files, and not install it on a fat32 system.
permission issues is the sole reason the pso2.exe corrupts itself after one run.

Arios
Jul 26, 2012, 12:35 PM
all you have to do is force permission on the files, and not install it on a fat32 system.
permission issues is the sole reason the pso2.exe corrupts itself after one run.

Probably it's due to permissions indeed or other factors too. Ana-chan said something about the windows UI and non unicode language. I have this problem too and my windows is in portuguese, i didn't try changing my UI and unicode to English for example, maybe i will test it in the future.

My fix will help him play without having to reinstall after each run (if it works for him...), but in the next update he will have to copy paste the latest update files before playing again and again...unfortunately until we solve it, it's going to be like this.

GoldenFalcon
Jul 26, 2012, 12:37 PM
I assumed everyone would have non-unicode set to Japanese before attempting

Ryo
Jul 26, 2012, 12:38 PM
You should definitely follow everyone's advice and brute force permissions. I do this kind of thing for a living and your problem reeks of a permissions issue.

Also, verify your drive isn't in FAT32 format, like someone else suggested. PSO2 doesn't like FAT32.

Ana-Chan
Jul 26, 2012, 12:40 PM
Weaselheart welcome to the world of playing Japanese games on a non Japanese version of Windows. PSO2 may be doing better than most, but it is still Japanese, and they make as many assumptions about locale and formats as the rest of the world.
Two things, if you are having constant problems with the patcher, try switching Windows to the Japanese system locale (otherwise known for Language for non-Unicode programs). For all other Japanese games I've come across, that is a requirement for getting it to run. You could also try applocale to see if that helps if you don't want to change to the Japanese locale and having to restart the system. But this isn't guaranteed to work.
Second, even though people tell you to set your own account for the permissions, it is better for numerous reasons to just re-enable inherited permissions on the account.
This is done by right clicking on the executable, selecting properties, going to security, clicking advanced, clicking Change permissions (on Windows Vista+ only), check the Include inheritable permissions checkbox and then click OK to dismiss all windows.

Probably it's due to permissions indeed or other factors too. Ana-chan said something about the windows UI and non unicode language. I have this problem too and my windows is in portuguese, i didn't try changing my UI and unicode to English for example, maybe i will test it in the future.

Speaking of this, I was getting permission problems with non-English versions. I had to stop for a couple of days because of internet troubles though.

I assumed everyone would have non-unicode set to Japanese before attempting

You only really get into that habit if you play Japanese games a lot. What's worse, PSO2 attempts to be Unicode, but fails at it in a few ways. So you are fooled into thinking that it is OK to not have your system locale set to Japanese, or at the very least, try out applocale.

futamieriko
Jul 26, 2012, 12:53 PM
Also, verify your drive isn't in FAT32 format, like someone else suggested. PSO2 doesn't like FAT32.
This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this thread. Would also try having your system locale set to Japanese when patching/installing. I'm running windows 7 as well and the only setting I've ever changed was the locale.

Blastifyys
Jul 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
OK, i cannot blame the game, is cool as hell, i cannot blame the players, since u have been all very helpful and supportive...But i am F*cking sick of having to uninstall, reinstall, and repatch de game everytime y want to play it, or either leave my character for days straight in a row, in a private room when im not actively playing...

I could blame Sega a bit, but they havent made the game for ur europeans, or americans...But they know shit about compatibility.

I had to reinstall this game over 20 times now, for each time I decided to enter and play, waiting over 2 hours normally for patches to finish...1 use, and the f*cking launcher breaks, isnt it exciting?

So my options are to quit, or getting some true legit help, since linking threads didnt help me in the end...and the ONLY thing that is working ys reinstalling the game on diffirent root folders, at this rate i will have to install it in "my pictures" folder...

Gather some empathy and figure how this would make u feel, knowing for sure u have tried all that has been sugested, plus my own theories and ideas...And still have to do the same...

How can sega's program be so broken to not identify the admin as THE ADMIN?
Wow installing the game over 20times and uninstall goodness i installed it once that's it and it takes me no longer than 10mins to update goodness gracious

Arios
Jul 26, 2012, 01:49 PM
Weaselheart welcome to the world of playing Japanese games on a non Japanese version of Windows. PSO2 may be doing better than most, but it is still Japanese, and they make as many assumptions about locale and formats as the rest of the world.
Two things, if you are having constant problems with the patcher, try switching Windows to the Japanese system locale (otherwise known for Language for non-Unicode programs). For all other Japanese games I've come across, that is a requirement for getting it to run. You could also try applocale to see if that helps if you don't want to change to the Japanese locale and having to restart the system. But this isn't guaranteed to work.
Second, even though people tell you to set your own account for the permissions, it is better for numerous reasons to just re-enable inherited permissions on the account.
This is done by right clicking on the executable, selecting properties, going to security, clicking advanced, clicking Change permissions (on Windows Vista+ only), check the Include inheritable permissions checkbox and then click OK to dismiss all windows.

Speaking of this, I was getting permission problems with non-English versions. I had to stop for a couple of days because of internet troubles though.

You only really get into that habit if you play Japanese games a lot. What's worse, PSO2 attempts to be Unicode, but fails at it in a few ways. So you are fooled into thinking that it is OK to not have your system locale set to Japanese, or at the very least, try out applocale.

Thank you very much for the info ^^ Will change the non-Unicode to Japanese in the next update and see what happens...

Ueno54
Jul 26, 2012, 03:06 PM
I was having trouble until I downloaded what I'm assuming is a more recent version off of the pso2.jp site and after that it never had trouble patching or loading the game. My previous struggle was it would load into the client and lock on a black screen and boost my cpu usage up to 100% until it totally crashed.

SolRiver
Jul 26, 2012, 04:22 PM
For those who don't want to change to japanese unicode in region language setting, you can try apploc (google for more info).

moorebounce
Jul 26, 2012, 05:27 PM
The one thing I've always hated about Windows is if you only have one user account on your computer who else is gonna be the freakin administrator. You shouldn't have to tell crap to run as the administrator when you are the freakin administrator.

Ana-Chan
Jul 27, 2012, 11:23 AM
The one thing I've always hated about Windows is if you only have one user account on your computer who else is gonna be the freakin administrator. You shouldn't have to tell crap to run as the administrator when you are the freakin administrator.

Does that include malware which takes over the executable file handler and end up making your system unusable? Or is it in that case, you blame Microsoft for not making Windows secure enough. If you run an account with full privileges, then EVERY program, including malware, runs with that.