PDA

View Full Version : Item Duping? or Conviently Lucky??

Stegodon
Jul 26, 2012, 09:25 PM
Hey, So over the past 2 weeks I have been purchase ALOT of 3 star armors for Mag Feeding, leveling 7 different mags. And I realize ALOT of people play this game 15+ hours a day and whatnot and have time to farm extensive amounts of items. It was just strange to me. Sometimes I open the shop and just pick and choose armors from shops. Most people have 1 or 2 for 1050 meseta.

But Quite frequently This one specific player has between 10-40 of a identical armor all on his shop for 1050 meseta. I have purchased from his shop over 20 times now. Buying in Bulk 30+ armors at once. And as quick as i can buy 30 he has a addition 30 on their. SAME EXACT armor every single time. I realize these can be farmed that's why im not jumping to conclusions. However. In total I have purchased about 320+ armors from this one specific player. All Identical armors.

I have also seen the same user sell weapons in the same fashion. Truck loads of the same identical items. So again Im not accusing or anything. Just wondering.... Is it REALLY possible to strictly farm low level gear for weeks to become profitable and does it actually work? Or is this some form on item duping?

I have 1 character, level 40 of all 3 classes. And I mean if i would of saved every armor peice I've EVER found through the duration of leveling to 40 3 times. I still wouldnt have HALF of the identical peices this user has.

If you want to see for yourself. Go search for this armor... Just change the general tab to armors.. Search all categories of armor... Max buyout set at 1050... 3 star rarity.... scroll till u see like 20 of this exact armor... click the shop and theirs gonna be like 50+ of this one item...

Heres some screens

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/VolcomStars1547/pso20120726_191653_002.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/VolcomStars1547/pso20120726_191651_001.jpg
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y269/VolcomStars1547/pso20120726_191648_000.jpg

RocSage
Jul 26, 2012, 10:04 PM
If I knew how I'd flag him, expressing worry that he might have found a way to dupe.
While it is possible to get a lot of a single item it raises questions when it happens and happens repeatedly as it means the player must be tossing out or selling other items to the vendor in favor of selling this piece of armor when selling those items would be just as valuable and would make it easier for him to farm. So yeah if you know japanese and can adequately report(ie explain why you think there might be a problem) it i suggest you do so that SEGA may investigate

HFlowen
Jul 26, 2012, 10:12 PM
Can't really say. Although if you were looking to profit off of item duping, this would be the way to go about it. low end items in bulk. Thirty 4* armors brings less attention than thirty Soul Eaters.

Lumpen Thingy
Jul 26, 2012, 10:26 PM
You do realize those armor pieces drop like candy right?

gigawuts
Jul 26, 2012, 10:28 PM
Have you checked the NPC shops and found a similar item, then checked its price?

I'd bet he's buying armor from NPC shops for less than 1k meseta, then selling them in player shops to people who buy it without checking to see if it's actually seeded in NPC shops.

HFlowen
Jul 26, 2012, 10:29 PM
Have you checked the NPC shops and found a similar item, then checked its price?

I'd bet he's buying armor from NPC shops for less than 1k meseta, then selling them in player shops to people who buy it without checking to see if it's actually seeded in NPC shops.

Ahhh, good call, I didn't think of that.

Asakust
Jul 26, 2012, 10:30 PM
NPC shop rotates through items for 'cheapo' prices. He's making a profit from selling that, iirc that can be bought from the npc for like 400~800 meseta. Can't remember for sure.

(I've been buying 4star armor units for 400~800meseta to feed my mag with from the npc's. Hah)

Stegodon
Jul 27, 2012, 01:07 AM
Ya thats why I didint want to jump to conclusions... I know before i leveled my ranger... I would always want low level hunter weapons to feed my mag... So I'd switch to my level 1 ranger.. and all the shop prices would drop dramatically. to the 400 range... which could be possible in this sitsuation considering All i have is level 40s now and the shop prices are in the 3-8k range.

Cool thanks for everyones input... Like RocSage said even IF i could prove someone was cheating or hacking... Theirs literally no way to help or report them anyways being a american player who only speaks and reads english haha.... Thanks tho guys

Amherst_Wind
Jul 27, 2012, 06:20 AM
I saw that exact armour on sale in the npc store a few days ago, iirc it was only 1000 meseta, I bought around 10 because that's great for mag raising at that price. Chances are this guy is more likely doing a service by buying in bulk and selling it cause he's barely making a profit but seeing as the npc shop rotates stock people can't always but that armour to feed to their mag from the npc.