PDA

View Full Version : How To get the most out of your Rockbears

Stegodon
Jul 28, 2012, 07:41 PM
Hey guys,

So I got a question. I've been farming RockBears for about a week now trying to get his 9* Wired Lance. I've killed him around 64 times now. And havn't gotten it. Which is fine. Ive killed like 20000000 of the caves horn guys and not got the sword either heh. My question isnt the drop rate because its a 9* rare i understand. However its getting the Rockbear to drop more items.

I know with the Dragon, De Malmoth, Ragne, By destroying their armor/Horns they DEFFINATLY drop a ton more items. However with the Rockbear he has no armor... and only weak spot is his face. And ive killed him on my Cast ONLY hitting his face the entire fight and nothing really changes. Out of the 64 times I've killed him 94% of the time the red crystal drops only 4 items. However in the past I remember when leveling killing him and it spurting out 20+ items.

My question is how do you affect this? I thought maybe its based on Monsters killed thru the mission. So some attempts I do full clears. Some Attempts I run straight to him. 2 attempts I sat in free fields killing for over 2 hours. And it doesnt seem to affect it. And with no armor to break im Stumped... Anyone have input? (Rockbear SPECIFICALLY pls) Don't answer with Multi Parties and PSE bursts help.. Cause I cant personally control Multi Groups running thru.

Thanks

IAmSecretSpy
Jul 28, 2012, 08:25 PM
Use a Slash Gun to get more accurate Hits on his face?

Julliz
Jul 28, 2012, 09:01 PM
i think the rockbear's face does break if you hit it enough, but it may just be based on luck. i feel your pain though!

RocSage
Jul 28, 2012, 09:46 PM
everyone uses the generic term "face" but if you actually pay attention the Rockbear has a horn which is it's weak point. People just happen to hit it by aiming for its face. I don't know if it can break but that's probably where you'd start to see if it does.

Sigmund
Jul 28, 2012, 10:44 PM
I've been trying my luck on a Ikutachi too, but when I ran all over the map compared to running straight to the boss, it definitely gave more drops.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 29, 2012, 12:17 AM
rank seems to effect drops from boss crystal.

ex:

kill mobs on way to boss - generally more drops

go straight to boss - generally less.

TetsuyaHikari
Jul 29, 2012, 05:15 AM
rank seems to effect drops from boss crystal.

ex:

kill mobs on way to boss - generally more drops

go straight to boss - generally less.

Yeah. I can definitely confirm there is some truth to this. I ran straight to the boss earlier and it only dropped four things (all of which were meseta), lol. So basically, if you don't bother killing any mobs on the way there, it's going to screw you over on the drops.

DreamTonight
Jul 29, 2012, 07:24 AM
Which dropchart do you refer to? Haven't found any good dropchart yet which is sorted by areas.

jooozek
Jul 29, 2012, 08:17 AM
I don't know which one but I can tell you that the japanese wiki states that they drop form Lv 31+ Rockbears.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0Akbdpi65EON1dGRTd2hqNXBQMW1Lak9SOFJKM1Utb UE&gid=15
this spreadsheet has drops listed for enemies.

BIG OLAF
Jul 29, 2012, 08:24 AM
I've gotten an S-rank on free field Forest many times before and still only had the Rockbear drop four items.

drizzle
Jul 29, 2012, 08:49 AM
Drop rates are affected by server time. They're higher at Japanese prime time.

Dirty gaijin peasants.

True story.

FOnewearl-Lina
Jul 29, 2012, 05:27 PM

Dirty gaijin peasants.

True story.

This.

soulpimpwizzurd
Jul 29, 2012, 05:29 PM

Dirty gaijin peasants.

True story.

lol

lold man

if this was true

Scarlet_Rain
Jul 29, 2012, 05:38 PM
I've gotten an S-rank on free field Forest many times before and still only had the Rockbear drop four items.

^ this. and do his arms break? seems to be a certain visual effect and sound.

jooozek
Jul 29, 2012, 06:23 PM
If you are bored, try to kill him 12 times, 3 times in whatever your fastest time is, 3 more in last time +2 minutes and, 3 next times add 2 more minutes and last 3 times take 20 minutes. I dare you.

Stegodon
Jul 29, 2012, 08:47 PM
If you are bored, try to kill him 12 times, 3 times in whatever your fastest time is, 3 more in last time +2 minutes and, 3 next times add 2 more minutes and last 3 times take 20 minutes. I dare you.

Lol already done that in my MANY MANY MANY runs... Most items i've ever got were 8.. running solo at least. Very rarely do I ever get less then a S rank. Had 12 items drop last night because I had a Duel on the way then a changeover Duel. Prolly up'd it a little.

Generally if my run takes 20+min i get 8. If it takes less time then I get 4. Which is hella annoying. I can run Dragon.. Skip EVERYSINGLE MONSTER>.. then break his 2 horns and tail. and get like 24+ items everytime... and a D rank....

I guess its just gonna be PURE luck on this one.... Seems I'd have better odds farming Volcano. Saving money. Then just buying the wired lance.

gigawuts
Jul 29, 2012, 09:13 PM
lol

lold man

if this was true

I...
uh

Actually...it might be. Thinking on it, almost every good rare I've found has been during JP primetime with a JP MPA, almost never with an english MPA during my own primetime...

I'm not actually making this up. My spardaion partisans, my rappy cannons, last night even a bell card -everything good has been during JP primetime. Almost everything during US primetime has been legacy talises and daylight scars, barring only one cruel coffin.

Could be just a fluke, they're bound to happen. I found basically no single hunter rares until I whined on the forums about it, and suddenly in the following week 3 spardaions and a dozen daylight scars dropped in the mines. I mean the only other possibility is sega hacked my computer and realized I was onto them.

Stegodon
Jul 29, 2012, 09:29 PM
I...
uh

Actually...it might be. Thinking on it, almost every good rare I've found has been during JP primetime with a JP MPA, almost never with an english MPA during my own primetime...

I'm not actually making this up. My spardaion partisans, my rappy cannons, last night even a bell card -everything good has been during JP primetime. Almost everything during US primetime has been legacy talises and daylight scars, barring only one cruel coffin.

Could be just a fluke, they're bound to happen. I found basically no single hunter rares until I whined on the forums about it, and suddenly in the following week 3 spardaions and a dozen daylight scars dropped in the mines. I mean the only other possibility is sega hacked my computer and realized I was onto them.

Lol as lame as it sounds... The 2 Coffins I found were during JP Primetime as well... heh...

Hosaka
Jul 29, 2012, 09:31 PM
I found basically no single hunter rares until I whined on the forums about it.

brb, making whine thread on PSO2 general.

Ptitopo
Jul 30, 2012, 06:17 AM
I guess the true story is : the drop rate depend on the difference between your level and the boss level ...

That happen in EVERY MMORPG ! If you're lvl 10 and the boss lvl 15, the drop rate will be high. If you're lvl 99 and killing a boss lvl 15 ... of course the drop rate will be bad.

First times i killed the vol dragon, i had tons of items. Now that i'm higher than him, he only drop 4 items.

Either i'm fast, slow, if i die or not, S rank or not ..... Always 4 drop.

that's it.

gigawuts
Jul 30, 2012, 06:22 AM
Yeah, no. I kill ragne all the time and his drops are always high. I kill mizers all the time and their drops are all over the place. Banshees/banthas too.

That's...all the bosses I kill these days.

Haseokun
Jul 30, 2012, 12:03 PM
Sometimes you get unlucky and Rockbear is the very first enemy spawn, with no option to run through the map in an effort to increase the drops. I've ran into him twice now as an initial spawn.

Ueno54
Jul 30, 2012, 02:59 PM
Last night I had a Rockbear and 2 Ragne duels before the actual boss and he only dropped 4 items. I also went down every side path killing all the mobs I ran into.

Havoc1337
Aug 9, 2012, 09:14 AM
So there seems to be absolutely no correlation between anything and the drop rate?
I find the most plausible explanation to be time. But it's more likely the amount of drops are absolutely random. I killed the Vol Dragon Hardmode about 60 times..
Ran straight through to the boss, didn't break any parts, got B rank, and yet his crystal dropped 8 items, 3 of which were weapons, one of which had Vol Soul.
Once I broke his Horns and Tail, wiped the entire Mission clean of monsters(S-Rank), and he only dropped 4 Meseta(gems).

At some time I figured maybe the amount of drops has something to do with the time you take for the Mission, so I tried Rockbear on Normal, a few runs in about... 3 minutes each, and with every time the amount of drops switched between 4 and 8... between useless and less-useless. Each run was B-Rank only, on account of me not killing anything but the boss.

Only bosses that drop consistently large amounts of loot are Ragne and Bashee/Bather, too bad they only drop rare crap.
So since I personally ruled out Time, Rank and number of Break-off, and I have no clue about Jp Hightime, I think its just absolutely monkey-nuts random.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 09:51 AM
I've soloed ragne at least 6 times and never did he drop more than 6 items after breaking his legs twice. It seems to just scale with party size :-?

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 09:58 AM
after breaking his legs twice.Only twice? Break all 4.

EDIT: on that note I'm beginning to think Rockbear, Tanmizer, Gwanahda,and Caterdran have random drops.

Moar Edit: I got into the habit of screenshotting my swag.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/xWDaL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LrLEU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ErWPo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CF23O.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]The first two are max breakoffs on Ragne, the 3rd is Both Horns (And tail, I think it only counts once though) broken on Vol Dragon, the last one is Ragne with 2 or 3 legs broken.

jooozek
Aug 9, 2012, 11:42 AM
Only twice? Break all 4.

EDIT: on that note I'm beginning to think Rockbear, Tanmizer, Gwanahda,and Caterdran have random drops.

Moar Edit: I got into the habit of screenshotting my swag.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i.imgur.com/xWDaL.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/LrLEU.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ErWPo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/CF23O.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]The first two are max breakoffs on Ragne, the 3rd is Both Horns (And tail, I think it only counts once though) broken on Vol Dragon, the last one is Ragne with 2 or 3 legs broken.
All of his legs, each twice so he falls on all the legs on breaking the last one (so you can jump on his core from both sides without problem).

Kondibon
Aug 9, 2012, 12:01 PM
All of his legs, each twice so he falls on all the legs on breaking the last one (so you can jump on his core from both sides without problem).

They aren't actually "broken" until it falls, But gotcha. I don't see why you aren't getting as many drops. It's been pretty consistent for me unless I'm late to the party or something. I'll have to experiment with it later.

Valymer
Aug 9, 2012, 02:06 PM
Is it possible that is scales with the amount of unique people that do damage to it? (possibly in addition to other, unknown factors)

Havoc1337
Aug 10, 2012, 05:34 AM
Ok now I soloed Big Varder twice, once for fun(B-Rank), once for Coffee(S-Rank)
On B-Rank he dropped 5(!) loot.
On S-Rank he dropped 32(!) loot.
I guess I'll have to try to S-Rank him a few more times until he drops 5 items on S-Rank...