PDA

View Full Version : PSP2 Am I doing it wrong ?

Hironobu Sakaguchi
Jul 28, 2012, 10:22 PM
hello

i'm in the beginning of ch8 , my character lvl is 77 and type vangaurd lvl13 , the rest of the team are lvl83
when i go to some B class missions that have monsters +lvl50 i can barely survive, especially if i want to complete the side missions, and usually dies.

any tip i can make use of it? cause it's boring

regards

Drunk Slayer
Jul 29, 2012, 12:03 AM
You are the creator of one of the most famous and long runnig RPG franchises and you dont know what you need to do in order to survive?

You can:

-Hunt for better equipment.
-Learn how to perfect block.
-Learn when to roll.
-Learn about building chains and when to break them.
-Learn about equipment properties and bonuses.
-Learn about wich type skills would give you a better advantage.
-Hunt for higher lvl Photon Arts disks.
-As a Vanguar use traps to take out the enemy mobs and bosses.
-Learn about enemies weakness
-Of course keep leveling up.

Mr Fwibbles
Jul 29, 2012, 02:23 PM
Since you're a decently higher level than the enemies, it sounds like you're missing something that affects your stats. I assume you already carry monomates, dimates and trimates with you to use in a pinch.

Have you extended your abilities at the type counter?
Have you been upgrading your weapons?
Do you have a Rod handy with Resta (heal), Shifta (attack up), Deband (def up) and Zalure (enemy def down) on it?
Have you been paying Sayo the Mystic for blessings?
Have you linked modules (Sleep Resist, Evasion etc) to your armour?

Since you're a Vanguard, take advantage of that evasion boost. Stack Evasion abilities and "Legs" modules on your armour. It really helps out a lot.

Hironobu Sakaguchi
Jul 29, 2012, 03:11 PM
OMG i'm being insulted here xD
i was cooping with my friend yu suzuki btw :P
i'll read ur posts and reply seriously
BrB

Nytesong
Jul 29, 2012, 09:12 PM
kinda makes me feel better to see someone semi low level on here. i just started my first char on ps p2 several days ago. up to lvl 35 now, after much deliberation i chose human male vanguard. still learning the ins an outs.

i've mainly been using dark (pink) color twin b-rank sabers up till now cuz there arent many dark enemies. as for armor i was stacking the + 5 eva units like you said but i recently got my hands a couple + 10 pow units so i swapped em out.

i do try to at least think ahead before loading a mission, and bring a couple different good armors with me, usually i end up wearing 1 of a color i'm sure i won't run into the whole level. but i make sure its one of my newer ones, ( i have a couple lvl 15 ones, a lvl 20 one and a lvl 25 one with 30% or more on em.)

so, maybe this can help you out so you can stand up to enemies your level, if not i'm sure your answers are here in the forums, you just have to dig them up. lots of useful information here that peeps spent their free time to post.

edit: lol, i put ps:P2 and had to erase it cuz it put that emoticon there.. hahaha

XxGoregrinderxX
Aug 1, 2012, 11:27 AM
Lol what race are u playing?
WHat weapons do u use?
Tell us more.

Hironobu Sakaguchi
Aug 2, 2012, 03:14 AM
You are the creator of one of the most famous and long runnig RPG franchises and you dont know what you need to do in order to survive?

You can:

-Hunt for better equipment.
-Learn how to perfect block.
-Learn when to roll.
-Learn about building chains and when to break them.
-Learn about equipment properties and bonuses.
-Learn about wich type skills would give you a better advantage.
-Hunt for higher lvl Photon Arts disks.
-As a Vanguar use traps to take out the enemy mobs and bosses.
-Learn about enemies weakness
-Of course keep leveling up.

that's what i'm doing but i didnt try traps yet

Since you're a decently higher level than the enemies, it sounds like you're missing something that affects your stats. I assume you already carry monomates, dimates and trimates with you to use in a pinch.

Have you extended your abilities at the type counter?
Have you been upgrading your weapons?
Do you have a Rod handy with Resta (heal), Shifta (attack up), Deband (def up) and Zalure (enemy def down) on it?
Have you been paying Sayo the Mystic for blessings?
Have you linked modules (Sleep Resist, Evasion etc) to your armour?

Since you're a Vanguard, take advantage of that evasion boost. Stack Evasion abilities and "Legs" modules on your armour. It really helps out a lot.

yes i'm carrying monomates, dimates and trimates

i only increased "sabers" and "handguns" type into "A" cause i'm only using them together until now

just a couple hours ago i learned that is possible to upgrade weapons << epic fail, is it only depends on money or costing another things? will the result be superb in lvl10 or max

when i lvl weapon into 10, and going to "S", it tells me i dont have "extend codes", what is it?

i dont use "Rods" unless u advise me it'd be superb so i lvl up the type and weapons

i dont pay Sayo , rarely cause the luck isnt that much

i'm linkin stats increase into armor, not always putting anti poison and likes

i'll try ur last point

Lol what race are u playing?
WHat weapons do u use?
Tell us more.

human lvl77
vangaurd lvl13
the rest is above :P

----

cant i increase the TP point into more than 200 ?

Dr.No
Aug 2, 2012, 06:27 AM
Grinding weapons depends only on money. You don't have to grind every weapon up to 10, only the ones you want to use. It can however get to be pretty expensive grinding up the more higher ranking weapons.

If you wish to extend a weapon when you have fully grind it up to 10, then you'll need an Extend Code, which can be gotten from running Challenge mode. You can also get Extend Codes from JP DLC trade missions, but those are only a one time thing. Look here: http://psp2.psupedia.info/Extend_Code

Rods are a great weapon to use to heal and buff yourself up. They can save you money that you spend on mates.
You can get more PP for yourself by equipping the PP boost abilities, which you get as you level up Vanguard, the boosts are gotten around Vanguard level 2 and 15.

Mr Fwibbles
Aug 2, 2012, 10:30 AM
i only increased "sabers" and "handguns" type into "A" cause i'm only using them together until now

I was talking about type abilities (such as "PP Escape Save" and "Burst Bomber"), not weapon ranks. Although obviously both are important.