PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Pso UK

staticlive
Mar 26, 2003, 01:28 PM
Ok i founds some rumours that phantasy star online X has been set to release on May 16th in the Uk on the xbox, i found this out at dailyxboxuk.net and shall be researching this further, i will post if i hear anymore news

NodMan
Mar 26, 2003, 02:48 PM
Good it should never be released and it should have never been made because the XBox is nothing but a PC.

staticlive
Mar 26, 2003, 02:51 PM
xbox rules dont diss it i think it is very good news it is being released for the xbox

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Mar 26, 2003, 03:02 PM
xbox rules, but i agree the xbox version of PSO is pointless since you cant play with people outside your own country..

Zeebo
Mar 26, 2003, 03:03 PM
LOL! I did not know that... All I can say is im jelous... Gamecube better have it soon too!

staticlive
Mar 26, 2003, 03:03 PM
Yeah i guess but u neva know it might change...

staticlive
Mar 26, 2003, 03:05 PM
Lol yeah i cant wait til May

Barubary6
Mar 26, 2003, 05:14 PM
A European version of Xbox PSO would be totally useless... Microsoft is refusing to allow the countries to mix, and there are so few European PSO players compared to American and Japanese. There would be pretty much nobody on the European servers.

-- Barubary

Tulathis
Mar 26, 2003, 05:22 PM
A European version of Xbox PSO would be totally useless... Microsoft is refusing to allow the countries to mix, and there are so few European PSO players compared to American and Japanese. There would be pretty much nobody on the European servers.

-- Barubary

I think once Microsoft sees this they will change that situation. While I don't think they'll ever link up Japanese and English-speaking players, I do believe they will link up US and Euro players. They may be a giant corporation, but that doesn't automatically make them stupid.

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Mar 26, 2003, 07:06 PM
we know microsoft aint stupid.. they wouldnt be so successful if they were...

but I will say this... Microsoft simply dont seem to care about PSO.. which is amazing considering its the first online RPG to come out for Xbox live and a japanese game to boot!

x2
Mar 26, 2003, 10:37 PM
[quote]Good it should never be released and it should have never been made because the XBox is nothing but a PC[quote]

wow i didn't know there were FANBOYS on these boards guess there is some everywhere.

i heard EU will be connected with everyone so they can go on JP ships and US ships.

Barubary6
Mar 26, 2003, 10:44 PM
On 2003-03-26 11:48, NodMan wrote:
Good it should never be released and it should have never been made because the XBox is nothing but a PC.

And a Gamecube is nothing but a Mac. This "Xbox is a PC" stuff really shouldn't matter.

-- Barubary

Atax
Mar 27, 2003, 02:46 AM
It'll be interesting to see how PSOX works for Australia, if the game is region locked.

PAL PSO would only connect to the UK servers with a UK XBL kit right? Australia is a PAL region country, but instead of setting up servers here, the Aussie XBL kits will connect dirrectly to the US servers.

Catch my drift?

The_Real_StarWind
Mar 27, 2003, 06:54 PM
I'm not a huge fan of XBOX but it has some good points, but when I think of the lack of good games it reminds me why I always go back to my ps2 or GC.
Microsoft needs to utilize that awesome console!
Yeah good to see PSO at least a good game making it to the Box.

Phelan
Mar 27, 2003, 07:07 PM
ugh, the "lack of good games" argument is so tired. IMHO the xbox has more than enough good games to keep one satisfied, plus since most of the good games are online, they have a lot longer post-purchase life. I hope you UKers have as much fun with PSOX as I know all of us American box owners will.

RagMasterRappy
Mar 27, 2003, 08:46 PM
On 2003-03-26 19:44, Barubary6 wrote:

And a Gamecube is nothing but a Mac. This "Xbox is a PC" stuff really shouldn't matter.

-- Barubary

XBOX's hardware is more comparable to a PC's than the GameCube's is to a Mac's. The only noticable thing in common would be the processor that the GameCube uses.

Phelan
Mar 27, 2003, 08:59 PM
I love how other console users claim xbox is just a watered down PC. While this is true to an extent, one must also realize that the other consoles are no where near to the amount of performance that an xbox offers. When developers are interviewed, on their games that they have ported to many platforms, they often consider the xbox to be the most enjoyable to use. Sure PC's have more potential, but with an xbox the developer gets all the benefits of a decent gaming PC, without having to worry about different hardware on different machines. Everyone is entitled to their ideas, but if your ideas are "Xbox Suxxorz..." ect. Please keep them to yourself. I know each system has it's strong/weak points. I have learned to deal with it, have you?

s3rial_one
Mar 27, 2003, 09:37 PM
While this is true to an extent, one must also realize that the other consoles are no where near to the amount of performance that an xbox offers.

It's a shame Microsoft's mismanaging all that power into the ground.

I originally bought an Xbox simply because I thought it'd be a superior platform to the GC. I've had it nearly six months now, and I've finally gotten to the point where I've given up on it. The good games it has are either available on other systems too, aren't that good, or are renters, not buyers.

Take Panzer Dragoon Orta, for example. It was a great game. But I blew $50 on it, beat it in a weekend, and haven't touched it since. Halo? Great graphics, but personally I found Timeplsitters 2 a lot more fun. Splinter Cell was fun, too, but it's also on the other consoles and the PC. MechAssault? That game's devs wouldn't know "balance" if it was sitting on their faces, and the bulk of the players online are 12 year-old illiterate lamers that are too busy screaming into the mic, griefing their own teammates, or trash-talking about how they're so 1337, that the game's damned near impossible to enjoy... and that's to say nothing of the major connectivity issues that garauntee virtually every game will have uneven teams.

I still think Xbox is a great console, but, damn... it's really hurting for a 'killer app' kinda game.

In the meantime, I've become so sick of the PSOX release date being pushed back, I went out and bought a GCN, keyboard, memory card 251, BBA, and a copy of PSO last night.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: s3rial_one on 2003-03-27 18:41 ]</font>

Phelan
Mar 27, 2003, 10:31 PM
I don't see how timesplitters is more fun than halo, sorry. I found timesplitters aim/look to be irritating, and the levels lacked imagination. And really, right now there is no console experience that is as fun as 16 player halo. Except maybe 16 player Ghost Recon. The key with xbox games is to get the ones that last. Don't buy the singleplayer only games, most of those turn to be pretty short, except for the obvious (morrowind and splinter cell and a few others that are worth buying). As for having a "killer app" in my mind it has several, but to each his own. If you like your cube, more power to you, I don't bag the cube, it is a cool system, but I just prefer the box. Hopefully will we both get the games of our dreams for our respective consoles, ( we could steal all the good games from ps2 http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif but anyways, nice to see someone to have some real reasons for not liking the box http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

s3rial_one
Mar 27, 2003, 11:04 PM
Well, I don't dislike the Xbox, I just found that it's been a major disappointment. Really, I bought it for Live, but like I was saying, the average player on XBL is so immature and obnoxious that it's really just not any fun to play online. I still have my Xbox, and I still hope it gets some good games (as in games that I, personally, like). I'm hoping True Fantasy Online will be good, as well as Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic.

Kent
Mar 27, 2003, 11:07 PM

Get an education, kid, we don't want you throwing a fit about your moronic ideas.

saffaya
Mar 28, 2003, 05:32 AM
A European version of Xbox PSO would be totally useless... Microsoft is refusing to allow the countries to mix, and there are so few European PSO players compared to American and Japanese.

But the Xbox has sold so FEW units in Japan.
Can you really compare EU Xbox sales with Japan's ?

saffaya
Mar 28, 2003, 05:40 AM
I love how other console users claim xbox is just a watered down PC. While this is true to an extent,

Not true at all.
An Xbox is closer to an Atari ST/Amiga than a PC is. And I challenge you to make Halo PC run smoothly on a PIII/733MHz with a GeForce2 and 64Meg RAM. I am rolling on the floor laughing just thinking about it. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

staticlive
Mar 28, 2003, 11:21 AM
People are saying all this about the xbox when i just think obivously they havent played on one properly and havent witnessed the power the xbox can provide! and to the PC to be honest like someone else posted i would love to see Halo on a 1 year old PC, LOL! i dont think it could handle such a game u would need the best pc out at the time Halo comes out for the PC to run it properly and smoothly

Drayma
Mar 28, 2003, 12:01 PM
xbox is like a PC and thats bad? my Dreamcast has the web browser and the shooters using the mouse and keyboard with VGA, lol.

staticlive
Mar 28, 2003, 12:32 PM
Is it hell, people critize it cos its just a PC but isnt that a good thing? lol a PC is the best thing out there so u can really critisize can you? and about the Dreamcast i had exactly the same really.... except no VGA... hey do u were i can buy VGA's cos i heard u can get them for the xbox aswell which would be good cos it will help the performance of the console and make online gameplay better

Phelan
Mar 28, 2003, 04:44 PM
Yeah man, TFLO (true fantasy live online) looks great. I probably won't pick up KOTOR right away because I prefer to save my gaming funds for live enabled games. But if it is as good as the hype I'll pick it up eventually. Also keep an eye out for when we get Starwars: Galaxies, that game looks amazing.

Tulathis
Mar 28, 2003, 04:51 PM
Yeah man, TFLO (true fantasy live online) looks great. I probably won't pick up KOTOR right away because I prefer to save my gaming funds for live enabled games. But if it is as good as the hype I'll pick it up eventually. Also keep an eye out for when we get Starwars: Galaxies, that game looks amazing.

I agree. Click on my HUcast if you want to know more about SG.

This is starting to turn into a console war post, so let's see if we can get back to the original topic. Does XBOX PSO have the same projected release date in both the US and UK?

Phelan
Mar 28, 2003, 04:54 PM
The last UK date I heard was may 16, which isn't too far behind the mid to late april US release.

Joe-Azlin
Mar 28, 2003, 05:10 PM
this is a pretty good argument but i still dont like the xbox. the only things i like about it r:

1. the mic....i mean u can use it for ANY online game which is soooooo awsome

2. the fact that u can burn cds on 2 ur xbox and listen while u play

3. u can connect 4 different xboxs 2gether for LAN partys

the reasons i dont like xbox:

1. if u wanna get online u need 2 pay xbox live fees which r rediculous

2. once ur done paying these fees for xbox live u still have 2 pay other fees that SOME games have like pso

i have more reasons that i like it than i have that i dont but i still dont want an xbox. i am pretty much a straight playstation fan. i mean the only reason i even got a gc was so i could get pso but now that i have it i wont buy anymore games for it (excluding zelda http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif )

Orange_Coconut
Mar 28, 2003, 05:17 PM
Eh, anything has it's ups and downs... It's all a matter of opinion. Waiting for Xbox PSO is the same as waiting for any other game on another system..

staticlive
Mar 28, 2003, 06:47 PM
What about the gamecube u have to pay 30 pounds or something for the modem in UK xbox live is only 35 pounds so whats that 5 pounds different? plus how many games are nintedo releasing online? just 1 yes, while xbox has around half a dozen or more so your paying the fee for more than one game and it has been announced that all games online are most likely not going to cost, only PSO cost cos of the price of segas servers but with xbox live it pays for its self, what if nintendo dont release another online game or u have to pay monthly just for another game... ever thought about that

(Please excuse that if it doesnt sound right i am proper knackered its like 2am here and am tired)

On another note microsoft have also a large percentage of up coming games will be online

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: staticlive on 2003-03-28 15:48 ]</font>

staticlive
Mar 29, 2003, 07:05 AM
According to Gameplay PSOX is to be released on the 30th of May for £39.99 u can visit that here http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore/productpage.asp?ProductCode=XB0260

RiGoRmOrTiS_UK
Mar 30, 2003, 04:36 AM
On 2003-03-28 15:47, staticlive wrote:
What about the gamecube u have to pay 30 pounds or something for the modem in UK xbox live is only 35 pounds so whats that 5 pounds different? plus how many games are nintedo releasing online? just 1 yes, while xbox has around half a dozen or more so your paying the fee for more than one game and it has been announced that all games online are most likely not going to cost, only PSO cost cos of the price of segas servers but with xbox live it pays for its self, what if nintendo dont release another online game or u have to pay monthly just for another game... ever thought about that

(Please excuse that if it doesnt sound right i am proper knackered its like 2am here and am tired)

On another note microsoft have also a large percentage of up coming games will be online

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: staticlive on 2003-03-28 15:48 ]</font>

PSOX isnt running on sega's servers.. their excuse for the fee is content updates.

staticlive
Mar 30, 2003, 04:41 AM
They are running on microsoft and sega servers they have made there own unique servers.... if it is becuase of content updates they better be regular content updates

saffaya
Mar 31, 2003, 04:36 AM
PSOX isnt running on sega's servers.. their excuse for the fee is content updates.

Which is their way to screw you.
Xbox Pso has been out for 2 month and a half now in japan, and the only quest available online is Heat sword. (no, Garon's shop from last week doesn't count).

That makes, what, 2.5*8.95=~22, a $22 value quest ?