PDA

View Full Version : Game Kingdom Hearts Dedede

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 12:34 AM
I-I MEAN KINGDOM HEARTS 3D/DDD/Dream Drop Distance(Title that only sounds cool to Japanese people that think English sounds cool.)

So who cares about this game's existence?

I mostly do!

I guess I'm gettin' it today.

n stuff.

I'ma be broke as hell cause of this 3DS.

-Crokar-
Jul 31, 2012, 01:10 AM
i preordered it. it will come in the mail im in no hurry
i dont think it sounds that bad...

Akaimizu
Jul 31, 2012, 01:10 AM
Getting it, too. Pre-order. (or in the case of the original topic title before it was changed. I Pre-Odor-ed it.)

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 01:18 AM
Getting it, too. Pre-order. (or in the case of the topic title. I Pre-Odor-ed it.)

Ahhhhh

AHHHHH 8D

This guy!

Anyway this thread sucks, not much to talk about other than this game's terrible story and that a new one is coming out. Yet I've avoided spoilers anyway...

HOW AM I STILL A FAN OF THIS SERIES! D:

Outrider
Jul 31, 2012, 11:55 AM
The demo was fun, but I haven't followed the series particularly closely since KHII. Unless I hear amazing things about this, I'll probably still just hold out until KHIII.

Akaimizu
Jul 31, 2012, 11:58 AM
Understood. I plan on playing it because KHIII is a while off, and people were already saying good things about it. (It also brings the New Tron into the fold where the original Tron was used before). Still, I have this feeling that if I skip this, I'll be confused at the beginning of KH3. Kind of like me playing KH2 the first time. 358/2 days did help explain that.

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2012, 01:54 PM
Whats this? A fan saying the story sucks?! HOOOOOOOOOOOBOOOOOOOOOOO!!!11!1!!

If I had a 3ds, I would buy it. I don't, so its going to have to wait. Try to avoid letting the organization cleanse your fart.

Rukyius
Jul 31, 2012, 03:16 PM
im gettin it in ma mail.
i was trippen balls as a kid when basicly disney and ff mixed lol.
and beleve it or not to the haters callin it a kid game, its pretty damn challenging.
props to story
<-book nerd)

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 04:20 PM
im gettin it in ma mail.
i was trippen balls as a kid when basicly disney and ff mixed lol.
and beleve it or not to the haters callin it a kid game, its pretty damn challenging.
props to story
<-book nerd)

Recently I think the game-play gets better with each game. They definitely know how to keep the battle system interesting and flexible. But I wouldn't say the games are THAT challenging, other than a couple bosses. Even on the hardest modes... you usually just grind.

I don't even think KH1's story was supposed to be deep at all, they just wanted to do their cross over and some back story for the anime face'd heroes. But they made the sequel because of how well it did and BAM! Plot-holes and last minute back-stories scattered across 5 different consoles and like 8 different games or something.

I will say 358/2 I actually really liked the story telling and character development. That game not only explains a lot of the "WTF is going on" in KH2 and Chain of Memories. But I also consider it to have the best story in the series, even if the game-play was mediocre. Also Roxas is easier to take seriously than Sora... >_>;

yoshiblue
Jul 31, 2012, 04:45 PM
Thats because Roxas was more serious then Sora. Who was a natural born leeroy jenkins imo.

Outrider
Jul 31, 2012, 05:08 PM
Recently I think the game-play gets better with each game. They definitely know how to keep the battle system interesting and flexible. But I wouldn't say the games are THAT challenging, other than a couple bosses. Even on the hardest modes... you usually just grind.

I don't even think KH1's story was supposed to be deep at all, they just wanted to do their cross over and some back story for the anime face'd heroes. But they made the sequel because of how well it did and BAM! Plot-holes and last minute back-stories scattered across 5 different consoles and like 8 different games or something.

I will say 358/2 I actually really liked the story telling and character development. That game not only explains a lot of the "WTF is going on" in KH2 and Chain of Memories. But I also consider it to have the best story in the series, even if the game-play was mediocre. Also Roxas is easier to take seriously than Sora... >_>;

It's not like KH2 really had that much that needed to be answered. Sure, it looks that way now that they've forced entire games into the openings created by minor plot quibbles, but KH2 actually tied things up pretty neatly. They could have ended the series right there and I would have had to say that they somehow put together a fun, interesting story that involved Mickey Mouse fighting anime kids.

Instead we have this endless march of Sora clones, prequels, and unimportant plot expansions.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 05:34 PM
It's not like KH2 really had that much that needed to be answered. Sure, it looks that way now that they've forced entire games into the openings created by minor plot quibbles, but KH2 actually tied things up pretty neatly. They could have ended the series right there and I would have had to say that they somehow put together a fun, interesting story that involved Mickey Mouse fighting anime kids.

Instead we have this endless march of Sora clones, prequels, and unimportant plot expansions.

Honestly? I only played through KH2 once, maybe I was going through it too fast, but even playing KH1 and CoM before it, I was confused as hell. It must've been because I didn't want to bother with Riku's story in CoM. I was kind of just like "fawk that" so pretty much anything related to him in KH2 was like "How did he get from where he was whenever he left off in the wha?" to me.

Also I probably would've played through KH2 20 times or until my brain melted at the time if my Disc didn't somehow magically break by itself... (How the hell did that disc get so many scratches?? Stupid phat PS2...)

Outrider
Jul 31, 2012, 05:47 PM
Man, I gave up on Chain of Memories halfway through Sora's story and just skimmed Wikipedia.

Basically, all plot holes in Kingdom Hearts 2 can be waved away by saying either "darkness did it" or "friendship did it."

Now that all the sequels have come out, they are instead explained away by saying "a bunch of angsty teenagers (including at least one who is either a proto-Sora, Sora clone, or Sora clone clone) did it using darkness and/or friendship."

I'm not sure that makes it better.

NoiseHERO
Jul 31, 2012, 05:56 PM
Man, I gave up on Chain of Memories halfway through Sora's story and just skimmed Wikipedia.

Basically, all plot holes in Kingdom Hearts 2 can be waved away by saying either "darkness did it" or "friendship did it."

Now that all the sequels have come out, they are instead explained away by saying "a bunch of angsty teenagers (including at least one who is either a proto-Sora, Sora clone, or Sora clone clone) did it using darkness and/or friendship."

I'm not sure that makes it better.

NOpe, it doesn't really...

ESPECIALLY with the Disney universe mixed in, the magic of imagination and wishes coming true, Should mean they don't have to explain anything. Or at least keep it simple, They just keep adding stuff to set up for more sequels and things get more confusing from there... @_@

Wyndham
Jul 31, 2012, 08:38 PM
The demo was fun, but I haven't followed the series particularly closely since KHII. Unless I hear amazing things about this, I'll probably still just hold out until KHIII.

I myself never got into it. I'm crazy.

darkante
Aug 2, 2012, 08:21 AM
I would say that i loved KHI&II, but haven't got the urge to get anything else.
I've tried BBS, but i dunno i can't get into it.

Gotta do that before i care to get DDD.

yoshiblue
Aug 2, 2012, 10:40 AM
Thats how I felt with PKMN Black and White. I had no problem playing the other games but I can't bring myself to finish PKMN white version.