PDA

View Full Version : PSO2 HEEEEEEEEElpppp

shinbo
Jul 31, 2012, 11:24 PM
hello Evry One . first of all after downloadng PSO2 and update It all good but after lanching The downloader It give Me Som kinde of a message that
http://i.imgur.com/bCp9z.png
please help i trided all what i can reinstall the game for 16 time and formate my pc
it's driving me crazy :(

Ana-Chan
Aug 1, 2012, 05:30 AM
With the middle of July update, the updater was modified to try and fix access problems to executables, it has some issues where it can cause some files to lose permissions though.
Now, before the frustration of SEGA not getting it right sets in, the game is currently aimed at a Japanese audience. While the game itself does a good job of trying to be universal, there are some parts of it that has problems. In fact, the game is a horrible mix of universal character functions, and locale dependent character functions. The permission functionality added uses the locale dependet functions only, and things started messing up on some machines that aren't set to Japanese. (I can't be sure, but the languages that seem to be affected are those that uses accented characters that don't appear in the locale that Japan uses).
Anyway, when you run the game, try setting the system locale to Japanese first. There are options to set the permissions back on the files too, but these are temporary in nature and the next time an update occurs, the updater will mess up again.
But to get you started so you don't have to reinstall the game yet again. Go to the directory you installed PSO2 in, in this directory there should be 4 applications, pso2, pso2download, pso2launcher and pso2updater. For each of these files, right click on the file and select Properties, go to the security tab, Click the Advanced button, In the window that appears select Change Permissions, click the Include inheritable permissions from this object's parent check box and then click OK for each open window. This will restore the permissions back to what they were when the game was installed (and that is the system default). But as I said above, try running at least the updater with the system locale set to Japanese.

shinbo
Aug 1, 2012, 04:38 PM
Thanks Alot The game Work Just Fine :)